ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   AFC Team Reports: Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160656)

Fairplay 04-02-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I honestly can't believe that this fanbase has become so myopic that they'd actually WISH for Damon Huard to be the opening-day starter.

He's 34-years old and started less than a full season in his entire career. If it wasn't for the fact that Dave Krieg closed out his career here, Huard would have been knocking on the door of setting the team record for fumbles by a Chiefs QB.

Not to mention the fact that people act like it's a foregone conclusion that starting Brodie equals having a shitty season while starting Huard ensures a winning season.

I think that he will be weaned in this year to be the starter. I believe the chiefs will do that this year. As a fan i would like that to happen.

bdeg 04-02-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical
I agree that if Nap plays better than he played for Oakland it is not a bad deal. As to Edwards money frankly I would say either only sign younger free agents or use the money on an existing player that is quality to lock them up long term.

Ya, you know Carl had a boner for Donnie coming "home" though.

I for one love the Napoleon Harris signing though.

Fairplay 04-02-2007 03:45 PM

Right now Brodie will be scrambling for his life unless the Chiefs get serious about the offensive line.

bdeg 04-02-2007 03:48 PM

That's true. I could see the Chiefs passing out of a 2 TE set pretty often with Dunn helping out Macintosh, at least unless we get some help at WR. Maybe that'll free up Tony G.

pikesome 04-02-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay
Im glad its not fake, that would suck.

http://cache.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/luke_arm.jpg

htismaqe 04-02-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

I agree that if Nap plays better than he played for Oakland it is not a bad deal. As to Edwards money frankly I would say either only sign younger free agents or use the money on an existing player that is quality to lock them up long term.

Sign younger free agents like who?

Are you suggesting we sign more William Bartee's and the like? After all, it doesn't matter if they suck as long as they are younger, right?

As for locking up players long-term, who? Why throw money at guys that don't warrant it? We already have enough money to lock up the guys that NEED it.

htismaqe 04-02-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Right now Brodie will be scrambling for his life unless the Chiefs get serious about the offensive line.

The Chiefs are serious about the offensive line. McIntosh is a serious upgrade over Black.

kcirnamffoh 04-02-2007 04:02 PM

Something tells me its back to the future folks. All this QB talk might be superflourous. Huard, Croyle, hell even Green, the QB position for the Chiefs is probably returning to one of hand offs and dumps with the occasional deep ball. I don't really mind that if the defense becomes top 5. But get ready for some more playoof disappointment, yes playoof.

No balance, no championship. Simple as that. Peterson doesn't know the meaning of balance. Right now is kind of like starting over and Peterson is still here so what does that tell me? Playoofs.

Fairplay 04-02-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs are serious about the offensive line. McIntosh is a serious upgrade over Black.

I won't argue that. Thats not the only spot that needs an upgrade though. Plus Shields could pull a Roaf on us and retire. Wiegmans old and Turleys a joke.

penguinz 04-02-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

I won't argue that. Thats not the only spot that needs an upgrade though. Plus Shields could pull a Roaf on us and retire. Wiegmans old and Turleys a joke.

Why don't you just STFU until you know what is going on. Turley was cut a long time ago.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2007 04:16 PM

Fire the death blossom, htismaqe! It's the only way to take out all of them!

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/7784/gunstar4xe8.jpg

bdeg 04-02-2007 04:19 PM

Logical 04-02-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Sign younger free agents like who?

Are you suggesting we sign more William Bartee's and the like? After all, it doesn't matter if they suck as long as they are younger, right?

As for locking up players long-term, who? Why throw money at guys that don't warrant it? We already have enough money to lock up the guys that NEED it.

Then why can't we get Jared Allen signed, not sure I want LJ around longer but get him locked up long term like SF did with Frank Gore. You don't have to throw the money at trash like Bartee.

By the way I will admit that it is now too late to be getting any quality.

penguinz 04-02-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Then why can't we get Jared Allen signed, not sure I want LJ around longer but get him locked up long term like SF did with Frank Gore. You don't have to throw the money at trash like Bartee.

Maybe because Allen wants way more than he is worth investing in?

Logical 04-02-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz
Maybe because Allen wants way more than he is worth investing in?

Possibly true.