ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   JoPo: MAJOR changes coming for the Chiefs this offseason? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176708)

FringeNC 12-16-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zouk
I've argued this before. He built a team in 2004 that was capable of winning in the playoffs in San Diego (when Drew Brees and not Phillip Rivers was QBing - meaning they were better then than now) and in Pittsburgh (they missed a kick and lost in overtime). If they were not in the same division as the Patriots (who were 14-2 and won the Super Bowl that year) they might have gotten home games in the playoffs and advanced further. But because the Pats were in their division, the best seed they could get was 5. That means road playoff games which means no Super Bowl in virtually all cases.

After the following year in which the top 2 QBs got hurt in the first quarter of the season (no NFL team has ever won in similar circumstance) he left the Jets and Mangini took over. The Herm Edwards' Jets 3 best defensive players were then traded (John Abraham) or were a poor fit for the new 3-4 scheme (Dewayne Robertson, Jon Vilma). So they're transitioning. I don't think Mangini deserves to be fired there, and I don't think Herm deserves to be fired here.

But the facts are overpowering that the Chiefs he inherited had the least amount of young talent of any team in the NFL. The bill for all those traded and wasted draft picks came due once Kennison, Roaf, Shields, Wiegmann, and Dunn stopped being functional NFL starters.

Where is all the young talent on the Jets that Herm stockpiled? It's non-existent.

Regarding young talent here, even if Herm didn't inherit loads of young talent, two years in today's NFL is quite a long time to rebuild a roster. Where's all the young talent? Bowe looks to be a talent. Croyle may be. The rest?

Ari ümlaüt 12-16-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I just evaluated myself and I've decided I'm a great guy.

I would concur. You can be Chiefs GM.

stonedstooge 12-16-2007 10:50 AM

Herm's rebuilding

I thought that Herm stated at the start of the season that he had ridded the team of all of the underachievers and problem makers. He had a group that wanted to play and wanted to win. Only problem is he didn't rid the team of himself. Herm is the biggest hinderance to this team and will continue to be so as long as his tenure lasts. He's had two years, thats enough. When you see things decline instead of improve, its time for a change. Hey Herm how about coaching Notre Dame. They have become accustomed to losing and they haven't heard all of your stories of how you were :huh: :banghead: :banghead: such an icon on the football field when you used to play. There is no rebuilding going on Herm. If you stay next year and we get 10 draft picks, I guarantee you can have 9 of them ruined before the regular season even begins. Be a man Herm, step down! :banghead:

Iowanian 12-16-2007 11:11 AM

Ray Farmer is going to get tendonitis of the jaw and the "you're fired" finger.

The team obviously needs blown up and rebuilt. It makes ZERO sense, if the team is taking an entirely new direction and rebuilding, for that rebuilding process to be headed by the Man responsible for its current dreadful and embarrassing condition.

Bye Carl. Take Dick Curl, Mike Solar, john Matsko and all of the other bums with you when you go.

Thanks for the 90s, but GTFO.

StillHonest 12-16-2007 11:15 AM

Its the insight that these guys have that astounds me. Who would ever have thought a shakeup was in order? Man, we are fortunate to have the Star.

Rasputin 12-16-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
Ray Farmer is going to get tendonitis of the jaw and the "you're fired" finger.

The team obviously needs blown up and rebuilt. It makes ZERO sense, if the team is taking an entirely new direction and rebuilding, for that rebuilding process to be headed by the Man responsible for its current dreadful and embarrassing condition.

Bye Carl. Take Dick Curl, Mike Solar, john Matsko and all of the other bums with you when you go.

Thanks for the 90s, but GTFO.

I'd like Clark to hire Donald Trump for a day...

Iowanian 12-16-2007 11:24 AM

I'd like for Clark to pay this fan to sit in the board room and give the fan's perspective.

I'll effing read some cold hearted Ezekiel 25:17 at the beginning of the MEATing.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass."

FringeNC 12-16-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
Have to be Chow...

No way a program like UCLA would try and hire Herm.. They cant be that stupid...

They did hire Karl Dorrell.