ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   *********Official OSU vs LSU Thread************* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178248)

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoLJ
Is that suppose to make me mad, because it doesn't.

41-14

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
It is funny to see how people say it's impossible for a team to win a certain game, regardless of how many other upsets there are during the season. That game was a total shocker.

OSU has the same chance as Florida did last year when everyone thought they would lose big, and Kansas in the Orange Bowl... heck, before Michigan beat Florida it was "the Big 10 can't beat the SEC," so now it's "um, no, we guess it's just OSU who can't beat the SEC". And before Kansas/VTech, it was "oh, that great VTech D" and now it's "the ACC sucks".

Some seem to have a hard time adjusting to the parity.

The difference being, of course, that Michigan had beaten a SEC team in a bowl game before. OSU hasn't. ;)

Frazod 01-07-2008 01:34 PM

Ohio State - the only team less deserving of a BCS bid than Kansas. After cruising through a cupcake schedule, at least Kansas lost to good team at a neutral site. OSU had the cupcakes and then lost to a marginally good team at home. Posted the same result during on championship Saturday, too - they didn't play. :rolleyes:

These clowns in the national title game is a sick joke. Go LSU.

Sure-Oz 01-07-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Ohio State - the only team less deserving of a BCS bid than Kansas. After cruising through a cupcake schedule, at least Kansas lost to good team at a neutral site. OSU had the cupcakes and then lost to a marginally good team at home. Posted the same result during on championship Saturday, too - they didn't play. :rolleyes:

Exactly, go LSU as well

Pushead2 01-07-2008 01:39 PM

I really want to say go OSU but that is against everything I stand for....

El Jefe 01-07-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Go eat something tubby.

Bearcat 01-07-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
The difference being, of course, that Michigan had beaten a SEC team in a bowl game before. OSU hasn't. ;)

How many players/coaches on this OSU team are responsible for any of the previous 8 losses? The returning starters from last year are 0-1. I really don't know when their last SEC loss was in a bowl game before last year.

See what you've made me do? I'm defending Ohio State. I hope you're happy. :harumph:

Frazod 01-07-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Go eat something tubby.

Got any cupcakes left, bitch?

Pushead2 01-07-2008 01:45 PM

mmmmm cupcakes.

Bearcat 01-07-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Deserving to be there is another question, and I agree..... they floated to the top, lost, and then got into the championship game by default.

I don't know if they deserved it less than Kansas though. :Poke:

Sure-Oz 01-07-2008 01:49 PM

Should WV be the real #1, they absolutely dominated, they probably could route these two teams.

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
Should WV be the real #1, they absolutely dominated, they probably could route these two teams.

I don't know, ask Pittsburgh.

eazyb81 01-07-2008 01:58 PM

Everyone wants to point to that one game last year as certifiable proof that OSU is overrated. Granted, Florida was certainly the better team, but sometimes teams just don't match up well with their opponents. Personally, I don't see a ton of similarities between LSU and last year's Florida team other than that they both play in the SEC.

OSU has the best defensive talent in the country, better than LSU. My prediction: not only does OSU cover the spread, but they win outright.

El Jefe 01-07-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Got any cupcakes left, bitch?

Thats the last thing you need, how about a slimfast?

DaKCMan AP 01-07-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Thats the last thing you need, how about a slimfast?

You can only find fast in the SEC.