ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ***** Official KU vs Villanova NCAA BB Tourney Game Thread .***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182170)

Bearcat 03-28-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4654820)
Does anyone know if the KU game will be delayed since that UW/Dav game is not finished yet?

It will tip 30 minutes after the end of the first game.. the corner of my tv says 8:50ct.

alnorth 03-28-2008 07:32 PM

Well, I looked it up, and Kansas will not break the all-time record for easiest (on paper) path to the final four. The best they could hope for would be the 3rd-easiest path of all time, and the easiest in 7 years.

Michigan State holds the record for easiest path to the final four, set back in 2001. Before falling to Arizona in the final four, they defeated a 16 (Alabama State), 9 (Fresno State), 12 (Gonzaga), and 11 seed (Temple)

We have 2 teams tied for 2nd-easiest path:

The 1990 NCAA champion UNLV Running Rebels made it to the final four before winning it all by defeating a 16 (Ark. Little Rock), 8 (Ohio State), 12 (Ball State), and 11 seed (Loyola Marymount).

North Carolina also had an easier time in 1991 before losing to Kansas in the final four by defeating a 16 (Northeastern), 9 (Villanova), 12 (Eastern Michigan), and 10 seed (Temple).

Skip Towne 03-28-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 4654854)
Well, I looked it up, and Kansas will not break the all-time record for easiest (on paper) path to the final four. The best they could hope for would be the 3rd-easiest path of all time, and the easiest in 7 years.

Michigan State holds the record for easiest path to the final four, set back in 2001. Before falling to Arizona in the final four, they defeated a 16 (Alabama State), 9 (Fresno State), 12 (Gonzaga), and 11 seed (Temple)

We have 2 teams tied for 2nd-easiest path:

The 1990 NCAA champion UNLV Running Rebels made it to the final four before winning it all by defeating a 16 (Ark. Little Rock), 8 (Ohio State), 12 (Ball State), and 11 seed (Loyola Marymount).

North Carolina also had an easier time in 1991 before losing to Kansas in the final four by defeating a 16 (Northeastern), 9 (Villanova), 12 (Eastern Michigan), and 10 seed (Temple).

Where did you find that info?

ROYC75 03-28-2008 07:36 PM

Anybody thinking Villanova is going to lay down and let us roll over them is crazy. Easy ? On the NCAA thread, there are so saying we have it soooo easy !

We have to bring it or else........ Time to let it roll baby, Rock Chalk !

Lzen 03-28-2008 07:38 PM

Yep. KU should know it very well. Nothing in the NCAA tournament is easy. That is especially true when you are talking about playing in the 2nd weekend.

Bearcat 03-28-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 4654859)
Anybody thinking Villanova is going to lay down and let us roll over them is crazy. Easy ? On the NCAA thread, there are so saying we have it soooo easy !

We have to bring it or else........ Time to let it roll baby, Rock Chalk !

Very true, but for me it's hard to get nervous about games versus teams like UNLV and Villanova that haven't done anything all season.

At least Villanova has a couple of wins versus high tournament seeds (Pitt and UConn; I refuse to give them Clemson because they did everything to lose that game)..... but they also went on a 5 game losing streak that would have been 7 had it not been for a 2 point win versus Seton Hall, and lost to Georgetown by 20 a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not saying Villanova can't win or that it won't be a tough game or that the players don't have to show up. It's just that I'm much more nervous about future games (Sunday, for starters) than tonight.

I'm looking ahead, but I hope the players aren't. ;)

Sure-Oz 03-28-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 4654872)
Very true, but for me it's hard to get nervous about games versus teams like UNLV and Villanova that haven't done anything all season.

At least Villanova has a couple of wins versus high tournament seeds (Pitt and UConn; I refuse to give them Clemson because they did everything to lose that game)..... but they also went on a 5 game losing streak that would have been 7 had it not been for a 2 point win versus Seton Hall, and lost to Georgetown by 20 a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not saying Villanova can't win or that it won't be a tough game or that the players don't have to show up. It's just that I'm much more nervous about future games (Sunday, for starters) than tonight.

I'm looking ahead, but I hope the players aren't. ;)

Just remember the Bucknell Bison, so i would be nervous in any game, it is a playoff

banyon 03-28-2008 07:54 PM

It's been almost 2 minutes, it was time for Arthur to pick up a foul.

Braincase 03-28-2008 07:56 PM

We own the paint tonight!

1ChiefsDan 03-28-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 4654306)
You try too hard.

Not really - that was pretty easy

Lzen 03-28-2008 07:58 PM

Villanova is stupid to try to trap Kansas. They have a have a lot of good ball handlers and they have shown the ability to handle presses and traps all year.

Skip Towne 03-28-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 4654886)
We own the paint tonight!

There isn't any paint.

Lzen 03-28-2008 08:00 PM

Is it just me or does 'Nova do a lot of moving(illegal) screens?

Lzen 03-28-2008 08:03 PM

Missed Kaun wide open in the paint. Good thing Russell hit the 3 anyway.

Silock 03-28-2008 08:06 PM

That lob to Kaun was nice.