ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ***** Official KU vs Davidson NCAA Tourney Game Thread .***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182228)

ChiefsFanatic 03-29-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4655772)
Making the FF involves a lot of luck with matchups and isn't a good indicator of success

In 1991 Roy beat Arkansas the 1 seed, North Carolina the 1 seed, Indiana the 2 seed, to get to the Final Four. In 1993 they beat Indiana the 1 seed to make the Final Four.

In 2004 Self lost to 3 seed Georgia Tech, but we were the 4 seed. Last year as the 1 seed, we lost to UCLA the 2 seed.

I hate Roy, the backstabbing-pretending-to-be-a-good-guy-phony, but the fact is he did a better job in his first five years than Self has done. That winning percentage differential is garbage.

Skip Towne 03-29-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 4655816)
In 1991 Roy beat Arkansas the 1 seed, North Carolina the 1 seed, Indiana the 2 seed, to get to the Final Four. In 1993 they beat Indiana the 1 seed to make the Final Four.

In 2004 Self lost to 3 seed Georgia Tech, but we were the 4 seed. Last year as the 1 seed, we lost to UCLA the 2 seed.

I hate Roy, the backstabbing-pretending-to-be-a-good-guy-phony, but the fact is he did a better job in his first five years than Self has done. That winning percentage differential is garbage.

Yeah winning more games than your opponent is garbage. Self tried that stupid Hi-Lo for 2 years till he wised up. And still managed to win more than Roy. Plus Self is 15 years younger. No comparison.

ChiefsFanatic 03-29-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4655836)
Yeah winning more games than your opponent is garbage. Self tried that stupid Hi-Lo for 2 years till he wised up. And still managed to win more than Roy. Plus Self is 15 years younger. No comparison.

He took over a team that went to back-to-back final fours (yes roy took over the national championship team, but talent wise there is no comparison) And I think you are the ONLY KU fan that would trade 7 more wins and 5 less losses for TWO FINAL FOURS.

I mean, really, I understand your point, but you seriously can't keep sticking to the point about more overall victories (7) being more important than Final Four appearances, can you? It is not like Self has won 25 more games, it is 7 more, with 2 less Final Fours.

Please, take a moment and ask yourself, would you seriously trade those 2 Final Four appearances for 7 more wins.

Braincase 03-29-2008 01:14 PM

I asked Roy to start this thread in the KU/Nova thread because of the karma factor. I know what happens when he starts the thread, and I know what hapens when I start the thread (I won't be starting another game thread for a LONG time, and then it'll be against Pittsburg State or Washburn).

I didn't want to take a chance that some freak would try and start an unsanctioned game thread. So sue me...

Skip Towne 03-29-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 4655844)
He took over a team that went to back-to-back final fours (yes roy took over the national championship team, but talent wise there is no comparison) And I think you are the ONLY KU fan that would trade 7 more wins and 5 less losses for TWO FINAL FOURS.

I mean, really, I understand your point, but you seriously can't keep sticking to the point about more overall victories (7) being more important than Final Four appearances, can you? It is not like Self has won 25 more games, it is 7 more, with 2 less Final Fours.

Please, take a moment and ask yourself, would you seriously trade those 2 Final Four appearances for 7 more wins.

What good did those FF do us? Roy NEVER won it all for us. Self has a long time left to do it. I don't understand why anybody would want Roy back over Self. That is what this dicussion started about.

kstater 03-29-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 4655816)

Not to rain on your parade, but wouldn't it be darn near impossible to beat two 1 seeds on the way to the final four?

KCChiefsMan 03-29-2008 01:48 PM

it will be interesting to see how we handle Curry, he's obviously an amazing college basketball player. He played really well against a very tough Wisconsin D. I think we'll be able to out match them so we'll see.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Skip Towne 03-29-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4655893)
it will be interesting to see how we handle Curry, he's obviously an amazing college basketball player. He played really well against a very tough Wisconsin D. I think we'll be able to out match them so we'll see.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

KU has the experience to handle one man teams. Durant last year and Beasley this year.

Reerun_KC 03-29-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4655917)
KU has the experience to handle one man teams. Durant last year and Beasley this year.

:clap: WOW Skippy actually post something logical and meaningful.

Reerun_KC 03-29-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4655893)

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

I was worried about Reynolds last night, Well that wasnt much of a worry..

Curry is good, but can they go 8-9 deep all game long?

Chiefs Pantalones 03-29-2008 02:15 PM

If we don't win the Championship this year, I'm gonna be ****ing pissed.

All of my teams suck and I can't take another failure of a season from one of my teams.

Reerun_KC 03-29-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 4655936)
If we don't win the Championship this year, I'm gonna be ****ing pissed.

All of my teams suck and I can't take another failure of a season from one of my teams.

QFT

Royals? ROFL

Chiefs? ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Jayhawks?:clap:

bango 03-29-2008 02:53 PM

GO KU. I hope that they run Davidson right off the court. After what Davidson did to my team on Friday Night I hope they are taught a lesson that they will never forget. It would be nice to see a team hold Curry to under twenty points too. I am fully behind KU all the way from here on out.

Skip Towne 03-29-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 4655933)
:clap: WOW Skippy actually post something logical and meaningful.

You should try it.

Lzen 03-29-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 4655864)
Not to rain on your parade, but wouldn't it be darn near impossible to beat two 1 seeds on the way to the final four?

Good catch. I think what he meant was that in 1991 as the 3 seed, KU beat Indiana, the 2 seed, in the Sweet Sixteen. Then they beat Arkansas, the 1 seed, in the regional final (Elite Eight) for the right to go to the Final Four. In the Final Four they beat North Carolina, the 1 seed, to reach the National Championship game. They lost to Duke, a 2 seed, in that game.

The other part about "In 1993 they beat Indiana the 1 seed to make the Final Four" is true.

Source:
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebas...ory/yearbyyear