ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   THE FACTS about Kansas Jayhawks and Their Road to the Championship (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182751)

ChiefsFanatic 04-10-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 4677225)
Trust me, he didn't have his foot on the line. After them reducing the 3 to a 2 for Memphis earlier in the game, I wouldn't allow myself to get to pumped about Chalmer's shot, until I was sure. I replayed it a few times myself to make sure.

That was exactly my reaction, I screamed and yelled, but then I was immediately worried that they would review it.

ChiefsFanatic 04-10-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 4677340)
and then the instant reaction of the Jayhawks to play defense after the shot instead of any sort of celebrating.

I have seen a lot of teams celebrate a shot like that, but it was almost like the Jayhawk players expected it to go in. It makes me think back to Bill's speech before the UNC game, where he told the players to expect good things to happen and they would.

Also, as the shot is in the air, it appears that Mario goes into his patented back pedal. He said over and over that he knew it was good the moment it left his fingers.

Skip Towne 04-10-2008 02:07 PM

It says on the :KU: board that Self has a press conference at 4:00 PM CST

Silock 04-10-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4677096)
I am trying to find a pic of Chalmers last shot in regulation that shows where his feet were when he jumped. There is some idiot on another bb that thinks his foot was on the line. I have searched and searched everywhere that I can think and can't find a pic. Anyone else have a pic of that shot?

If his foot were on the line, it'd have been all over the news.

Silock 04-10-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markk (Post 4677467)
are there better pictures somewhere? i can see better than that blurry one after a whole bottle of crown. you can't really tell where his right foot is

The 3-point line isn't obscured at all, so how could his foot be on it? :)

Lzen 04-10-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 4677645)
If his foot were on the line, it'd have been all over the news.

I know that, you know that, the Kansas Jayhawks and Memphis Tigers know that. Hell, pretty much the whole country knows that. But there is this poster (goes by the handle Hawk Hater) on another bb that I have been on for years who actually suggested that. He is also hanging onto the fact that KU supposedly had the easiest road ever to the Final Four by playing all those lower seeds. :rolleyes:

His latest deal is suggesting that the game was fixed. :doh!:

Silock 04-10-2008 02:27 PM

I think he's just trolling you.

ChiefsFanatic 04-10-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4677652)
I know that, you know that, the Kansas Jayhawks and Memphis Tigers know that. Hell, pretty much the whole country knows that. But there is this poster (goes by the handle Hawk Hater) on another bb that I have been on for years who actually suggested that. He is also hanging onto the fact that KU supposedly had the easiest road ever to the Final Four by playing all those lower seeds. :rolleyes:

His latest deal is suggesting that the game was fixed. :doh!:

I hope you shared my OP with him.

Bob Dole 04-10-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markk (Post 4677467)
are there better pictures somewhere? i can see better than that blurry one after a whole bottle of crown. you can't really tell where his right foot is

Bob Dole spent almost 45 seconds of his valuable time creating that one. If it's not good enough, too bad.

Lzen 04-10-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 4677656)
I think he's just trolling you.

Of that, I have no doubt. I have told him that many times over the years (been on that bb for about 7 years or so). Still, I like to rub the facts in his face. :D

Lzen 04-10-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 4677658)
I hope you shared my OP with him.

Yep.

ChiefsFanatic 04-10-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4677684)
Yep.

Thanks. Since I am out of work, I had some time on my hands, and if the info helps anyone, I am glad.

ChiefsFanatic 04-10-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88-31-10 (Post 4677416)
Wonder if Lew's gonna pick up the tab for lunch?

Doesn't he seem like he has probably wacked a few people in his day? Or at least duct taped them and stuffed them in a trunk.

CoMoChief 04-10-2008 08:05 PM

I don't really see how anyone can disagree with the fact that KU had some cards fall their way a little bit. Sometimes the best team doesn't win. I don't think Davidson would have finished anywhere in the top 5-6 in the Big East. I think Gtown would have presented a tougher matchup for KU. Same being said for Wisc. But hey they couldn't win the games they were supposed to and they got knocked out.

Now if KU played like they did in the Final 4 they would have easily gone undefeated. They played their best bball when they had to, which is the most important.

Reerun_KC 04-10-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 4678228)
I don't really see how anyone can disagree with the fact that KU had some cards fall their way a little bit. Sometimes the best team doesn't win. I don't think Davidson would have finished anywhere in the top 5-6 in the Big East. I think Gtown would have presented a tougher matchup for KU. Same being said for Wisc. But hey they couldn't win the games they were supposed to and they got knocked out.

Now if KU played like they did in the Final 4 they would have easily gone undefeated. They played their best bball when they had to, which is the most important.

I just want to thank Sasha Kaun.. without him no championship for KU.