ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Bill Self Press Conference 4:30pm in Lawrence (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182780)

ArrowheadHawk 04-10-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 4678218)
Isn't he the guy that just wants to go straight to the NBA ASAP? I don't think that's necessarily Self's kind of dude.

He is the number one rated recruit in the country and his dad played for KU. Why wouldn't we want him.

Silock 04-10-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 4678378)
He is the number one rated recruit in the country and his dad played for KU. Why wouldn't we want him.

I'm not saying he does this, but if he doesn't play team ball, we wouldn't want him. I don't know much about him, but generally guys that are interested in fast-tracking to the NBA don't play much team ball.

teedubya 04-10-2008 10:01 PM

Xavier Henry likens his game to Chris Douglas-Roberts but with better free throw skills.

Chiefs Pantalones 04-10-2008 10:12 PM

I want Henry!! Who cares if he stays just a year, he'll help us out a lot obviously. I trust Self's judgement.

ArrowheadHawk 04-10-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 4678466)
I want Henry!! Who cares if he stays just a year, he'll help us out a lot obviously. I trust Self's judgement.

Put your trust in Self. He will be here awhile. :thumb:

Silock 04-10-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 4678466)

Hey, if Self is on board with getting him in here, I'm fine with that. I'm just not going to be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Reerun_KC 04-11-2008 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 4677812)
Please elaborate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4677833)
Agreed...who ever thinks KCmedia is a bunch of Deliverance hicks???

Whitlock is a National columnist...

First off, I was talking about the media not the people in KC in general about being a bunch of hacks\hicks\whatever.

Second, I will elaborate, our reporters have no stones, none at all. Watch during football season, they will lob softball questions to Herm and Carl, Then take both of them balls deep waiting for answers. None of them will ever ask the tough question.. Maybe big bear Moss, she has more stones than any of the other reporters...

Whitlock? Your kidding right, he is the first guy that everyone on this board jumps on when he says something about these teams that offends us. How many threads has there been on whitlock claiming he is a hack, he sucks, hes racist, he eats to much, he...... You get the point.
He might be national, but still according to many message board posters here and everywhere else, he is a fat buffett eating tard.

The pwnage part of the interview was when Self directed his comments to the media saying, I have been telling you this for sometime now and you guys just refuse to listen... I watched the interview on espn news and it was pretty saracastic in his facial expressions...

Reerun_KC 04-11-2008 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 4678500)
Hey, if Self is on board with getting him in here, I'm fine with that. I'm just not going to be surprised if it doesn't happen.

He wants to play in Memphis's wide open offense, plus from what I have read. Memphis is a more family atmosphere than Kansas...

ArrowheadHawk 04-11-2008 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 4678716)
He wants to play in Memphis's wide open offense, plus from what I have read. Memphis is a more family atmosphere than Kansas...

Why do recruits even want to go to Memphis. Do they have great facilities or is it the coach?

Reerun_KC 04-11-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 4678753)
Why do recruits even want to go to Memphis. Do they have great facilities or is it the coach?

Lack of discpline that calipari allows?

Skip Towne 04-11-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 4678378)

Carl Henry's kid?

Stewie 04-11-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4678826)
Carl Henry's kid?

Yep. And it sounds like he's a better player. Although I never saw anyone follow his shot and get put-backs better than Carl.

Brock 04-11-2008 09:30 AM

It would be cool to get him and also his brother C.J. after C.J. realizes baseball isn't what he should be doing.