ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pat Kirwan-Final mock draft: Plenty of movement down the stretch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183667)

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-25-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 4709735)
What does this have to do with me? I Don't think Dorsey or Long will be available, and not many people did back then either. I would like Ellis myself, but definitely not Gholston.

It's a "moo" point now anyways, just thought I'd call Mecca on his hypocrisies.

The fact that you don't like Gholston makes me feel a little better about his prospects.

LiL stumppy 04-25-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4709728)
and what if they dont get those this year?? I mentioned earlier they wont get everything they need this year. Thats reality.

We will get both this year.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-25-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 4709743)
We will see how this all plays out but IMHO Jake Long is the best player in this draft. Listening to other teams in the Top 5 they all had Long rated #1 on their board.

Long and Long being high on boards has to do with the fact that they are "safe" picks, and guys like Phil Savage have admitted as much. You don't win championships with safe picks, though. If you were looking at talent, you'd find that Gholston, McFadden, Dorsey and Ellis were higher rated players.

I just feel like those guys are B+ pros at best. Gholston is the kind of guy who can change an entire game.

dirk digler 04-25-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 4709745)
Consensus bust...

Could be we will see in a couple of years.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-25-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 4709745)
Consensus bust...

Typical Chiefs fan. Fret about a guy like Antonio Cromartie and PBJ if you get Tamba Hali.

Skip Towne 04-25-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4709732)
Really?

I want the guys I think will be the best players.

.....and will start immediately.

dirk digler 04-25-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4709757)
Long and Long being high on boards has to do with the fact that they are "safe" picks, and guys like Phil Savage have admitted as much. You don't win championships with safe picks, though. If you were looking at talent, you'd find that Gholston, McFadden, Dorsey and Ellis were higher rated players.

I just feel like those guys are B+ pros at best. Gholston is the kind of guy who can change an entire game.

I personally feel that Jake Long will play longer than any of those players and probably will be a starter for 10+ years. If that is safe that is ok with me. I would love the Chiefs to have a LT they can depend on for the next 10 years.

By saying that I am not knocking any of those guys because I like each one except maybe McFadden. I just feel Jake Long is a little bit better.

aturnis 04-25-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4709757)
Gholston is the kind of guy who can change an entire game.

You see...you are the only one I hear saying this...all the guys who get paid to say stuff, say he disappears. That he is a workout warrior, and hell of a highlight film...but when you watch a few games, he has a tendency to get swallowed up and disappear.

I realize talking head are just that, but...I still think they have an edge on most all of us.

Messier 04-25-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4709763)
Typical Chiefs fan. Fret about a guy like Antonio Cromartie and PBJ if you get Tamba Hali.

I know this has been brought up before but Cromartie was drafted before Hali, and besides, I'm not upset with the Hali pick.

Mecca 04-25-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 4709806)
I know this has been brought up before but Cromartie was drafted before Hali, and besides, I'm not upset with the Hali pick.

Before that draft a ton of people didn't want him because well I was pushing for him...it's the point that a ton of fans here didn't want Cromartie even if he had been there.

Brock 04-25-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4709768)
.....and will start immediately.

Who wouldn't start on this team?

GoHuge 04-25-2008 09:56 PM

Matt Ryan won't be there at #9.