ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Science is so racist (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187110)

Donger 07-11-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841136)
So you mean to tell me that we can have a incompetent, stupid, lazy white Presidents, CEOs (Sprint), Enron, etc.

But we can't take a cahnce on having a minority one?
Furthermore, how would you know they're incompetent if they've never been given a chance?

All we want is a chance. Hence... we have to work twice as hard to prove ourselves to the good'ol boy network.

I said nothing of the kind. I'm sure there are plenty of stupid, lazy white people who choose not to work hard (or are too stupid to do it) in order to attain such a position, just as I'm sure that their are an equivalent percentage of black people who are the same way.

Micjones 07-11-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841124)
Truthfully, I don't feel like giving examples to be judged by you and others of their validity. We feel whites are fed silver spoons from birth while we have to work hard for everything we get. You're (not you) born in the network of the good ol boy. You KNOW the inner circles while more than likely we have to start from scratch as we're usually first generation corporate employees.

All the while you're (not you) bitching about 1-2% of QUALIFIED minorities getting a job over whites.

~The good ol boy network is the reason AA is in place.

While I absolutely believe in White privilege...
I have to debunk the notion that they've all been silver spooned.

Lzen 07-11-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841124)
Truthfully, I don't feel like giving examples to be judged by you and others of their validity. We feel whites are fed silver spoons from birth while we have to work hard for everything we get. You're (not you) born in the network of the good ol boy. You KNOW the inner circles while more than likely we have to start from scratch as we're usually first generation corporate employees.

All the while you're (not you) bitching about 1-2% of QUALIFIED minorities getting a job over whites.

~The good ol boy network is the reason AA is in place.

Interesting analogy. I think that has a lot more to do with economic status than ethnic background.

wutamess 07-11-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4841135)
Wow. You've got some serious issues.

Thanks. I know whites feel the same. but they have a head start.
We don't in a lot of cases because of the unfair hiring practices of the past.

Micjones 07-11-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 4841132)
Have you ever owned a business? 99% of business owners or corporate leaders I know HATE AA though they would never say it out loud.

Wholly inaccurate.
Gallup polls over just the last 10 years found that Americans still favor Affirmative Action.

vailpass 07-11-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkkcoh (Post 4841134)
If I was in a position of hiring people for my company, I wouldn't care what ethnicity or gender they were, I would want the best qualified for the particular position.

How would you like to own a company and be told by the OFCCP that you are underutilizing a particular ethnic group and need to increase the frequency of their representation within your employee base to reflect the percentage of the general populace?

Nevermind that your employees are all electrical engineers, 90 % of whom are white, and that your geographic location is 95% white, and that if you ever did find a black electrical engineer they always tell you " I don't want to live there I don't like winter and there are no black people there".

wutamess 07-11-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4841147)
Interesting analogy. I think that has a lot more to do with economic status than ethnic background.

It was a generalization... not meaning EVERY WHITE.

vailpass 07-11-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 4841153)
Wholly inaccurate.
Gallup polls over just the last 10 years found that Americans still favor Affirmative Action.

I'll put my real world, behind closed doors experience up against a Gallup poll or any other publicized response any day of the week.

Donger 07-11-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841152)
Thanks. I know whites feel the same. but they have a head start.
We don't in a lot of cases because of the unfair hiring practices of the past.

Honestly, I wouldn't presume to tell you what blacks "feel."

wutamess 07-11-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 4841160)
I'll put my real world, behind closed doors experience up against a Gallup poll or any other publicized response any day of the week.

Because you're quite the corporate mogul :rolleyes:

Lzen 07-11-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 4841153)
Wholly inaccurate.

Just curious. What is the percentage?

wutamess 07-11-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4841164)
Honestly, I wouldn't presume to tell you what blacks "feel."

Well it's been said before that we get breaks because of AA while you have to work twice as heard.

Same rhetoric as I just spieled.

vailpass 07-11-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841139)
And that's why it's needed.
Thanks for proving my point.

I proved your point by stating that a business owner who has put literally everything he has on the line needs to be free to hire the most qualified employee regardless of color or creed? That a quota system that forces a business owner to hire underqualified employees is inherently unfair?

People like you are asking for a hand out, not a hand up.

vailpass 07-11-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841166)
Because you're quite the corporate mogul :rolleyes:

Cop out.

KcKing 07-11-2008 10:21 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t89gYubt76U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t89gYubt76U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>