ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do pro athletes have a responsibility to sign for their fans? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189980)

penguinz 08-28-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 4952926)
I don’t think he’s out of line for asking.

Not out of line for asking. But once TG displayed no interest there is no reason to follow him and continue to ask him.

chasedude 08-28-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 4952937)
Not out of line for asking. But once TG displayed no interest there is no reason to follow him and continue to ask him.

agreed, even Chiefs players need their privacy. I know I would get tired of it

Bugeater 08-28-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 4952942)
agreed, even Chiefs players need their privacy. I know I would get tired of it

I dunno, it's hard to defend a player acting like that if they're on "company time" so to speak, but if they're out in the general public they shouldn't be bothered.

Radar Chief 08-28-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 4952937)

If he never acknowledges that Mr. Nzoner is even there how is he supposed to know that Tony heard him?
A simple “I don’t have time”, or even a “**** off” would’ve done the trick, I’d think.
But in the end, I don’t fault Mr. Nzoner for asking, even asking more than once, and I wouldn’t expect any more of Tony having a few friends with the same type of experience with him.

Redrum_69 08-28-2008 09:55 AM

I still have my Lake Dawson, Keith Cash, Neil Smith, Derrick Thomas, Dan Saleumua, JJ BIrden, Hasty, Lewis, Anders, Lowery, Lin Elliot, Cherry, Marcus Allen, Montana, Tracy Simien and various others autographs.

Is it the players right? Nope. BUT..as a fan of the game and a collector, I would never demand to have a card/football/jersey signed and then turn around to sell it.

eazyb81 08-28-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69 (Post 4952996)
I still have my Lake Dawson, Keith Cash, Neil Smith, Derrick Thomas, Dan Saleumua, JJ BIrden, Hasty, Lewis, Anders, Lowery, Lin Elliot, Cherry, Marcus Allen, Montana, Tracy Simien and various others autographs.

Lake Dawson and Dan Saleaumua were probably the two nicest pro athletes I've ever met. I still see Dawson every now and then down here in Nashville, and he's always incredibly personable and friendly.

MOhillbilly 08-28-2008 10:07 AM

ive never ever had a problem getting autographs.

ever.

Nzoner 08-28-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBo (Post 4952985)
I dunno, it's hard to defend a player acting like that if they're on "company time" so to speak, but if they're out in the general public they shouldn't be bothered.

Bingo,just a yes or no,but don't act like I don't exist

blueballs 08-28-2008 10:44 AM

When the first couple of sentences out of your mouth is autograph
it sure sounds like you care more for the signature than the athlete
Edwards and the Hunts the public eye is part of their jobs -players no

blueballs 08-28-2008 10:46 AM

I've asked for an autograph once
and felt like a complete tool doing so

blueballs 08-28-2008 10:56 AM

PBJ First Down Samie PBJ was a hell of a pass catcher
before getting carpel tunel from signing autographs 24/7

Rain Man 08-28-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Hymen (Post 4952914)
I agree that he should have at least acknowledged you. It's just got to get old for him. I know I'm in the minority on this, but thats just the way I feel. I have a kid shooting a pilot right now, and I worry about him in this respect also.

He shouldn't be doing that. How is the plane going to land?

plbrdude 08-28-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 4953178)
He shouldn't be doing that. How is the plane going to land?

it will land ok. just be a little firmer on contact than usual.

chiefsngop 08-28-2008 01:24 PM

My wife, 9 year old son, and I, went to the Chiefs OTA here in St. Joseph. After it was over the players hung around to sign autographs. The players finsished up and were heading out to leave, when my son started calling out to Dustin Colquit who was clear across the field heading up to the locker rooms, my son was holding a football for Dustin to sign.

Dustin turned and ran a good 80 yards back across the field to sign that one autograph for my son, what a great guy.

Consistent1 08-28-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs (Post 4953114)
When the first couple of sentences out of your mouth is autograph
it sure sounds like you care more for the signature than the athlete
Edwards and the Hunts the public eye is part of their jobs -players no

I don't know about all that when there are plenty of dollars going into all their pockets. Not many fans are buying Carl Peterson suits. Lots of 88 jerseys though. Players are the ones that real fans want to see. They are the ones that are in the public eye. The guys should be good about it for the most part. I'd sign everything put in front of me if I had that much money and so many real fans. Maybe some dude makes his $50 off of you, who cares? Lots of people just want to have a memory, or something to display. If nobody wants your damn autograph, what does that say?