ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Marty for new GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191637)

Sure-Oz 09-14-2008 11:14 PM

I would love for Marty to come back and run the team, but at this point he's probably thinking "**** it, time to enjoy life" Let's hope they atleast make the call...

Tribal Warfare 09-14-2008 11:14 PM

Mike Singletary would be interesting as HC/DC or The Giants' DC Steve Spagnuolo

Sure-Oz 09-14-2008 11:18 PM

Can anyone agree Herm does NOT get a coaching job after this in the NFL, atleast HC.

POND_OF_RED 09-14-2008 11:19 PM

I'd take Herm over Marty for GM but I would take Marty over Herm for a head coach. Herm has put some great young talent on this team. I think he could make a very good GM sometime soon since he can't coach worth a shit.

ClevelandBronco 09-14-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5020527)
I would love for Marty to come back and run the team, but at this point he's probably thinking "**** it, time to enjoy life" Let's hope they atleast make the call...

I wouldn't blame the guy for sitting it out from here on in. The role of a head coach these days requires a ridiculous time commitment.

It would be fun to see our guy come back out and try to be the oldest ever to ever win the whole thing.

Even if he's offered the chance, I wonder whether he'd take it.

Sure-Oz 09-14-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEA_OF_RED (Post 5020540)
I'd take Herm over Marty for GM but I would take Marty over Herm for a head coach. Herm has put some great young talent on this team. I think he could make a very good GM sometime soon since he can't coach worth a shit.

I really don't want that guy near our team anymore honestly.....herm

POND_OF_RED 09-14-2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5020544)

I agree he will never come here. It would be pretty reeruned to fire a head coach and bring him back as GM. I'm just saying down the line I think he would make a better GM choice than Marty. I could see him being more successful if he only had to scout talent. It's his only real strength as a coach.

Sure-Oz 09-14-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEA_OF_RED (Post 5020555)
I agree he will never come here. It would be pretty reeruned to fire a head coach and bring him back as GM. I'm just saying down the line I think he would make a better GM choice than Marty. I could see him being more successful if he only had to scout talent. It's his only real strength as a coach.

He can go scout talent, but i may not even listen to him. I'm suprised they didn't **** up the Dorsey pick by taking Albert right there or drafting Joe Flacco at 5...

The guy is that ****ing stupid and im sick of him, where is bernard pollard to shred his knee?

ClevelandBronco 09-14-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5020544)

It depends.

My favorite sports team is the Colorado Avalanche. Tony Granato was the head coach of the team, but he suggested to the owner that Joel Quenneville should be hired as head coach instead.

Granato stayed on as an assistant coach.

It really depends on the character of the man you're talking about.

Sure-Oz 09-14-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 5020567)
It depends.

My favorite sports team is the Colorado Avalanche. Tony Granato was the head coach of the team, but he suggested to the owner that Joel Quenneville should be hired as head coach instead.

Granato stayed on as an assistant coach.

It really depends on the character of the man you're talking about.

This is the same guy that put in a practice squad WR to play QB today....i don't care what character he has.....atleast right now

Skip Towne 09-14-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5020538)
Can anyone agree Herm does NOT get a coaching job after this in the NFL, atleast HC.

Without sounding like GoChiefs, that s a stone cold lock. One look at his record would secure that.

ClevelandBronco 09-14-2008 11:33 PM

You're looking to win now, Sure-Oz.

That's not a good idea given the Chiefs' predicament.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-14-2008 11:34 PM

I would be THRILLED if Marty came back to this franchise in damn near any capacity. WTF is wrong with you guys? All the guy does is win.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-14-2008 11:35 PM

I honestly think that if he took this team over tomorrow they'd finish with 6 or 7 wins, whereas now they're looking at a couple. Tops.

Sure-Oz 09-14-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 5020581)
You're looking to win now, Sure-Oz.

That's not a good idea given the Chiefs' predicament.

No, trust me i'm not looking to win now, i'm looking for improvements on the team. Like someone who can coach them up and get them to play better. Our defense was shredded for 300 yards of rushing offense and our offense was given zero chance to succeed. Even with Brodie starting...i'm very frustrated, i could care less if we lose all our games, but show me something....