ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Take a QB in the 1st round next year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198939)

Reerun_KC 12-22-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5320284)
A guy who takes shitty angles, and has no idea how to wrap up a ball carrier should not be a LB. I think he should be our backup SS.

Far enough, It just seemed that he would be better suited there... This would of been a good year to try him out there and see if he could of been coached up to be a productive player...

But then again that was asking to much by the coaching staff...

Reerun_KC 12-22-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320261)
I've brought this up...there's going to be some serious humor in a few months. The day Herm and his staff is fired is the day Thigpens future takes a serious hit.

I agree, I am not saying the kid cant be an asset to the team... Heck maybe he could even be used as a Wes Welker type of player on 3rd downs?

Just a thought?

beach tribe 12-22-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 5320282)
I stated this earlier in this thread I am going to put my full trust in the new GM and HC.

You know the same question could be put to the other side as well. What if they pass on a QB in the draft and have Thigpen as the franchise QB? What will those people do?

If we pass on Stafford or Bradford it will be a huge mistake. The offer that the Vikes made for Quinn is a good indication that we could get good value for either of them if Thiggy turns out to be "the guy".

dirk digler 12-22-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5320347)
If we pass on Stafford or Bradford it will be a huge mistake. The offer that the Vikes made for Quinn is a good indication that we could get good value for either of them if Thiggy turns out to be "the guy".

I would agree with you if we pass on Stafford I am not sold on Bradford at all.

I think CP would melt down more if they passed on one of them compared to if they drafted one of them and let Thigpen be the backup or cut Thigpen.

Mecca 12-22-2008 12:58 PM

Bradford probably isn't a good idea for us unless we are going to be a ball controlled short passing team, in this environment when December rolls around his ball would die in the cold.

ChiefsCountry 12-22-2008 01:07 PM

I really dont get lets not draft one in the 1st, lets get one in the 2nd crowd. Only two 2nd QBs have ever won the Super Bowl and one of them was traded for a 1st. You can get franchise defensive players later in the draft than a franchise qb. Its basically proven over time.

Chiefnj2 12-22-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320372)
Bradford probably isn't a good idea for us unless we are going to be a ball controlled short passing team, in this environment when December rolls around his ball would die in the cold.

Tom Brady was considered to have a weak arm, but he's found a way to sling the ball around the NE cold and wind.

beach tribe 12-22-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 5320364)
I would agree with you if we pass on Stafford I am not sold on Bradford at all.

I think CP would melt down more if they passed on one of them compared to if they drafted one of them and let Thigpen be the backup or cut Thigpen.

I agree completely. I included Bradford because some people are enamored with him. I am not, and wouldn't be upset if we passed on him as I said I would. But if we pass on Stafford, I will lose it. I'm not Ms. Cleo, but I think Stafford is going to be a great pro, and with the weapons we have, I think he could turn out to be the best QB the Chiefs have had in Since Lenny.

eazyb81 12-22-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 5320433)
Tom Brady was considered to have a weak arm, but he's found a way to sling the ball around the NE cold and wind.

Mecca has trouble understanding that there is a middle ground between a bazooka for an arm like JaMarcus Russell and a noodle arm like Pennington.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Tom Brady is 40lbs heavier today than he was on draft day....

DeezNutz 12-22-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320461)

Bradford is going to have to put on weight, too, or he's going to be Croyle v.2.

Stryker 12-22-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

the Tuck rule?

beach tribe 12-22-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 5320419)
I really dont get lets not draft one in the 1st, lets get one in the 2nd crowd. Only two 2nd QBs have ever won the Super Bowl and one of them was traded for a 1st. You can get franchise defensive players later in the draft than a franchise qb. Its basically proven over time.

This is a fact. The #s don't lie. Sure there's been a couple QBs found later in the draft, but it is such a longshot.

Chiefnj2 12-22-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320461)

Brady now weighs in at 250lbs?

HemiEd 12-22-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320171)
He's every bit as big of a project as Thigpen is......bad throwing mechanics, shotgun all the time, spread run based option at that...

It's just not a good idea.

Didn't Archie Manning have one more son?