ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Burnt Ends - Love 'em or hate 'em? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201420)

Fire Me Boy! 01-30-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88TG88 (Post 5441288)
Thats what I thought it was.

I can actually see why one might think that. Ribs are quintessential barbecue, and calling them burnt ends might lead one to believe it.

They are, however, the burnt ends of the brisket.

Saleenman607 01-30-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5441283)
I will say this once: FAMOUS DAVE'S IS NOT KC BARBECUE!

Famous Dave's is Minnesota barbecue.

And yes. YUK.

That is all.

Very well......carry on.

Does Gates deliver?

Fire Me Boy! 01-30-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saleenman607 (Post 5441303)
Very well......carry on.

Does Gates deliver?

:thumb:

It's a pet peeve. ****ing Famous Dave's opened up down in the Power & Light district because none of the actual KC barbecue places could afford it. Consequently, I'm dismayed that the thousands of people that will come to the Sprint Center and see FD's, and say, "Oh, there's some KC barbecue... it's supposed to be great."

So they'll try it, and come out disappointed, and think that's what KC barbecue is.

And not only is KC barbecue much better than that, but FD's isn't even KC barbecue. It's a God Damn travesty.

googlegoogle 01-30-2009 04:57 PM

http://www.dallasfood.org/photos/kan...ndschopped.jpg

Reaper16 01-30-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5441312)

It's a pet peeve. ****ing Famous Dave's opened up down in the Power & Light district because none of the actual KC barbecue places could afford it. Consequently, I'm dismayed that the thousands of people that will come to the Sprint Center and see FD's, and say, "Oh, there's some KC barbecue... it's supposed to be great."

So they'll try it, and come out disappointed, and think that's what KC barbecue is.

And not only is KC barbecue much better than that, but FD's isn't even KC barbecue. It's a God Damn travesty.

The P&L Famous Dave's closed! Victory! It's being replaced by another chain, Old Chicago, but that was expected given the astronomical price to put a business there.

googlegoogle 01-30-2009 05:00 PM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/tamba_hali.jpg

HemiEd 01-30-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5441312)

They have a Famous Daves here fairly close, we went once. It was enough.

Saleenman607 01-30-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by googlegoogle (Post 5441316)

Now that shit there looks like some Goddamn bunt ends.......got to get some of that

Reaper16 01-30-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by googlegoogle (Post 5441316)

I don't recognize those ends. Usually I can tell where the pic was taken from by the combination of the food, presentation, wrapping paper, tableside sauces, etc. I can't place this one though. Is it from out of KC? (Yeah, I know I could probably just see where the pic is linked from, but that's cheating).

Adept Havelock 01-30-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5440954)
Those look like Snead's "brownies." Mmmmmmm.

Exactly. :thumb:

To paraphrase J.T. of "The Bone Shack"..."Best in KC!"

Baby Lee 01-30-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5440954)
Those look like Snead's "brownies." Mmmmmmm.

[Demonpenz]That looks like tootie[/DP]

Valiant 01-30-2009 05:48 PM

I have not been a fan of them for a long long time.. Probably because everytime I ordered them or someone made them they were... well burnt.. I like savory medium rare meats..

The ones in the picture above actually look good though..

Bowser 01-30-2009 05:55 PM

Love 'em, as long as they're not TOO burnt. Dried out burnt ends = teh suck.

Fire Me Boy! 01-30-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 5441423)
I have not been a fan of them for a long long time.. Probably because everytime I ordered them or someone made them they were... well burnt.. I like savory medium rare meats..

The ones in the picture above actually look good though..

You wouldn't want brisket medium rare. It would be akin to shoe leather.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excessive (Post 5441149)
How can you not love burnt ends?

Problem is, you can't always get the real thing. Manufactured ends aren't the real thing. Places like Jack Stack sell manufactured ends, not the real, cut from the brisket ends.

If it ain't real ends, it ain't worth messing with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5441172)
LMAO. DCS -- Remember in the other bbq thread where I told you that the rankings on his site weren't worth a darn? I think you now realize that I was right.

Burnt ends coming from ribs :doh!:Wow.

Well, the good news is; making burnt ends from ribs would be a much less time( and education )-intensive proposition! :evil: DOHT!