ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Matt Cassell -- My Assessment (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203359)

The Bad Guy 02-28-2009 04:48 PM

The Chiefs need to get one more threat at WR.

Just one.

I think Bradley could do a fine job in the slot with Franklin as the 4.

If they stay at 3, take Curry.

If they trade down, explore what WRs are available.

LB, WR, OL are the 3 biggest weaknesses on this team now with them shifting to a 3-4.

Mile High Mania 02-28-2009 04:50 PM

By the way... I think the acquisition of Cassell was a solid move.

MTG#10 02-28-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 5539626)
He better peform like the guy who wore #16 here instead of the one who wore #10.

Yeah, Trent Green sucked. :rolleyes:

Frazod 02-28-2009 04:53 PM

I guess the only question I have for Amnorix and the rest of the Pats fans is this - are you pissed that's he's not on your team anymore?

Frazod 02-28-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 5539626)
He better peform like the guy who wore #16 here instead of the one who wore #10.

Yeah, because leading the best offense in football totally sucked. :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you don't appreciate what Trent Green did for the Chiefs, you're dumber than a box of shit.

IT'S NOT TRENT GREEN'S FAULT THAT WE DIDN'T HAVE A DEFENSE.

Rausch 02-28-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5539670)
I guess the only question I have for Amnorix and the rest of the Pats fans is this - are you pissed that's he's not on your team anymore?

Not likely.

If we'd just won 3 and been in 4 SB's in the last decade would we care if we traded off our b/u QB and an old LB?...

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-28-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5539638)

Just one.

LB, WR, OL are the 3 biggest weaknesses on this team now with them shifting to a 3-4.

Bradley isn't quick enough to work in the slot.

If you really want to build this team around Cassel, you need to find a way to get a team like SF or Jax to trade up for a QB, and take a guy like Maclin or DHB.

DenverChief 02-28-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5539508)
I figured you could add that to your sig. Circle of life and all.

You got it :)

tomahawk kid 02-28-2009 05:00 PM

Ammorix,

I could see you and I sitting down for a nice bowl of "chowda" and downing several Sam Adams.

Thanks for the info.....

tomahawk kid 02-28-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5539638)

Just one.

If Curry is gone, you take Crabby at 3 or try and trade down and still take Maclin (totally biased on that one).....

CupidStunt 02-28-2009 05:17 PM

Good thread.

Here's where a lot of people go wrong with Cassel: he was never a scrub UFA who barely got recruited out of HS and ended up playing for Louisiana Tech. He was a decent prospect, described by Tom Lemming to be a "pro-style pocket passer with a very strong, accurate delivery." He was recruited by elite college programs, finally choosing one of the best - USC. There, he had the misfortune of playing at the same time as not one but TWO Heisman winners and top 10 draft picks. Come his pro day, he performed brilliantly and got himself on many team's draft boards. And the rest is history.

Look, I've got my doubts, I've got my concerns, but one thing I'm not worried about is natural talent. He's a 6'5", 230lber with a good arm, decent mobility and, apparently, a good head on his shoulders.

Let's see what happens.

MahiMike 02-28-2009 05:29 PM

My assessment is the same as every year; Give me a proven NFL QB over a chance on a rookie any day.

AND we still have our #3 overall pick!

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Amnorix 02-28-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 5539601)
I saw every game. And, as I said, he needs to improve on the deep ball. However, it wasn't nearly as bad as you seemed to be implying it was. If I inferred incorrectly, my apologies.

:shrug: Agree to disagree. I don't know how many passes he had that were 30+ yards in the air, but it didn't seem to be that many. And it often wasn't for lack of opportunity.

Amnorix 02-28-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5539670)

"Pissed" No. We have Tom Brady and if he's about 85+% of what he normally is in 2009 and back to about 100% by 2010, then it's the obvious move to trade away the hopefully unnecessary backup for a high draft pick.

Also, we couldn't carry him. It's our bad luck that he was going into his contract year, which forced us to franchise him and do the tag-and-trade bit. I'd have been happier if his contract was up NEXT year and he rode pine this year until we felt more confident about Brady and his knee.

This path was chosen when we tagged him. I'm not sure I'm happy with Cassel+Vrabes for a high 2nd, however.

Amnorix 02-28-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 5539807)
Good thread.

Here's where a lot of people go wrong with Cassel: he was never a scrub UFA who barely got recruited out of HS and ended up playing for Louisiana Tech. He was a decent prospect, described by Tom Lemming to be a "pro-style pocket passer with a very strong, accurate delivery." He was recruited by elite college programs, finally choosing one of the best - USC. There, he had the misfortune of playing at the same time as not one but TWO Heisman winners and top 10 draft picks. Come his pro day, he performed brilliantly and got himself on many team's draft boards. And the rest is history.

Look, I've got my doubts, I've got my concerns, but one thing I'm not worried about is natural talent. He's a 6'5", 230lber with a good arm, decent mobility and, apparently, a good head on his shoulders.

Let's see what happens.

The guy backed up:

1. CArson Palmer

2. Matt Leinhart

3. Tom Brady

How many guys would get starting time over those three? Answer -- DAMN few...