ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs have to play all games on the road? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204751)

Fish 03-25-2009 01:36 PM

You know.... this is the perfect opportunity for True Fans™ to show their real commitment to the team. They should all donate their free time to helping with the construction.... Pull together! We can do this!

CoMoChief 03-25-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5609541)
It is under construction remember the renovation?

Playing the games at Kansas is an issue because the Chiefs play in Missouri and the Mizzou campus is a good distance away and isn't that big...

There are all kinds of issues if this is true.

The Bears played in Champagne, IL while the spaceship landed in Soldier Field.

I think Champagne from Chicago is a further drive than what KC to CoMo is.

Parking and space period would be a ****ing nightmare if they played in CoMo.

buddha 03-25-2009 01:37 PM

The season ticket base would NEVER go to Norman, and Lincoln isn't exactly convenient either. Faurot Field can hold more than KU's stadium, and you could expand it with temporary seating behind each endzone (field level), and above the Hill. You could easily get it into the mid 70s if you had to. No, it's not Arrowhead, but it's the best local option there is.

As for the union situation, either they do right by the Kansas City area, or the area should turn against them in every way possible. This is nothing but a stick up by Labor. Work for the money that was in the project and be HAPPY that you have a job!

Titty Meat 03-25-2009 01:37 PM

Will this delay the release of the schedule?

Demonpenz 03-25-2009 01:38 PM

How many people does the kansas speedway hold?

Fish 03-25-2009 01:39 PM

Most ****ed up offseason EVER!!!

SenselessChiefsFan 03-25-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 5609587)
Economy's down the tubes so this union thinks it's a good time to strike? **** them and bring on the scabs.

PhilFree:arrow:

I hope it does happen. I would love for the Unions to continue doing this stupid stuff. Then, MAYBE, people will start seeing them for the fact that they are nothing more than legalized organized crime that is backed by the democratic party.

ChiefsCountry 03-25-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 5609646)
I hope it does happen. I would love for the Unions to continue doing this stupid stuff. Then, MAYBE, people will start seeing them for the fact that they are nothing more than legalized organized crime that is backed by the democratic party.

Dang you finally said something sensible. :)

Iowanian 03-25-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 5609616)
I'm sure that the recently released financial services sales dick will make a great steel worker. Maybe the drive-tru order takers that just got replaced by someone in India? I'm sure that they can hang steel.

I know quite a few union carpenters, including union steel workers and millwrights in KC.

I hope they can work something out, but to assume a construction worker isn't replacable is pretty funny. You're right that some 60 year old sprint IT guy probably can't, but strong backs are available. ALOT of construction guys are laid off right now.

Brock 03-25-2009 01:53 PM

Yeah, I'm sure the company isn't trying to **** them or anything. They wouldn't do that.:drool:

GoHuge 03-25-2009 01:54 PM

Hell yeah Kansas Speedway could hold them all and then some. That would be the best solution rather than trucking to Lawrence, Columbia, Lincoln or where the f#*k ever.

Also a caller just called and said her husband is a union worker and they don't have a say or a vote in what the union does. One man by the name of Terry Davis is the local president and he alone has the say so on whether the union excepts the construction companies bid or not. I say KC needs to go full on Nuthooks for this economic terrorists. He's basically committing extortion and using our beloved sports team as bait for these local businesses to put up more money. I think alot of union guys are going to continue to work because they know how lucky they are to have a good job.

Brock 03-25-2009 01:55 PM

Fire them all and hire illegal immigrants. That'll fix things.

Iowanian 03-25-2009 01:55 PM

The companies could be the a-holes as well, there is no doubt about that.

Given the economy and the number of construction companies that are slow, the number of employees that are laid off, I'd say they should probably be happy to still have their jobs, still be getting their benefits and have work.

There aren't alot of construction companies recording record profits the past couple of years that I'm aware of, are you?

Brock 03-25-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5609689)
The companies could be the a-holes as well, there is no doubt about that.

Given the economy and the number of construction companies that are slow, the number of employees that are laid off, I'd say they should probably be happy to still have their jobs, still be getting their benefits and have work.

There aren't alot of construction companies recording record profits the past couple of years that I'm aware of, are you?

I don't know what the situation is. If the company is asking for givebacks, don't blame the union for striking.

alpha_omega 03-25-2009 01:57 PM

No way....there is too much $$$ at stake for all sides.