ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What am I supposed to do? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204967)

Bwana 09-14-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 6071366)
He was fixed when I adopted him in May 08. I adopted him at full grown and tried my best to train him and nothing worked. I've had to put him on a chain even though my yard is fenced, I have to hold him by his collar when I take him to his chain. He will jump out first chance he gets.

Everybody thinks he is mentally reeruned.

I had a lab that was like that once. He escaped at least two dozen times. Finally it came to the point where I said fug it, if you want out that bad, be gone with your bad self. I hung him in the paper and he was gone the next day.

Mr. Plow 09-14-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 6071308)
Son of a...

Four-five of us have been chasing my male all day. He has crossed the busy highway atleast twice. One bro followed him for 30 minutes and couldnt get the dog to come to him. I just followed him for three blocks before giving up on him. He's been running around since 9:30 this morning. We tried getting him with treats, I even tried getting him to come to my female and that didn't work. He's either deaf or mentally reeruned.

My soft-heart keeps telling me to not give up but I am fed up with him.

Wiener dogs are stubborn.

LaChapelle 09-14-2009 04:55 PM

I never got along well with male dogs. Only had 2, but it was always a battle.

Dunit35 09-14-2009 05:30 PM

Finally got him. My fine neighbor caught him in her yard.

He always goes over there hangs out with her male dog...gay? possibly.

kstater 09-14-2009 05:32 PM

Piece of advice. Keep him on a tie-down for now. Work with him every day until you can call him to you. It's one of the first things you should teach a dog, yet gets over-looked.

Dunit35 09-14-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 6071556)
Piece of advice. Keep him on a tie-down for now. Work with him every day until you can call him to you. It's one of the first things you should teach a dog, yet gets over-looked.

I need to get a better collar, one that he won't chew through or slip out of.

Any ideas?

Iowanian 09-14-2009 05:44 PM

Print rainbow bridge ahead of time....

kstater 09-14-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 6071617)
I need to get a better collar, one that he won't chew through or slip out of.

Any ideas?

If it can chew it, it's too loose.

If it can slip out of it, it's too loose.

Valiant 09-14-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 6071308)
Son of a...

Four-five of us have been chasing my male all day. He has crossed the busy highway atleast twice. One bro followed him for 30 minutes and couldnt get the dog to come to him. I just followed him for three blocks before giving up on him. He's been running around since 9:30 this morning. We tried getting him with treats, I even tried getting him to come to my female and that didn't work. He's either deaf or mentally reeruned.

My soft-heart keeps telling me to not give up but I am fed up with him.

Whistle at the dog, get his attention and then run away from him.. Generally they will chase you..

Dunit35 09-14-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 6071628)
If it can chew it, it's too loose.

If it can slip out of it, it's too loose.

Ha, I tightened it pretty tight this morning. Maybe it wasn't tight enough.

I bought him a harness collar last week and the son of a bitch chewed through it in less than an hour.

I was thinking a leather one would work better.

Dunit35 09-14-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6071635)
Whistle at the dog, get his attention and then run away from him.. Generally they will chase you..

I tried that. He started following me and realized I was going back to the house.

Buehler445 09-14-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 6071644)
Ha, I tightened it pretty tight this morning. Maybe it wasn't tight enough.

I bought him a harness collar last week and the son of a bitch chewed through it in less than an hour.

I was thinking a leather one would work better.

I'd put his ass on a choke chain.

Iowanian 09-14-2009 06:25 PM

Show him a picture of Michael Vick and then staple it to the fence where he's getting out.

Silock 09-14-2009 09:18 PM

How often do you walk him? I'm going to take a wild guess and say "not very often."

wutamess 09-14-2009 09:21 PM

Seems to me you need to get rid of the fugger.
Had a dog that kept running away... Never looked for that fugger.

If all a dog has to do is run around in the yard, eat, sleep and shit and he still wants to run away, then have at it.