ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Crabtree at #3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205313)

Coogs 04-03-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5639032)
I wouldn't have a problem taking him - I just don't see how he's even remotely in the same league as Fitz or AJ.

That is Kipers comparison, not Coogs. I did see him play in person vs KSU this year, and I left impressed. Not that that means anything, but I do value what Kiper says.

Deberg_1990 04-03-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 5639028)
Kiper does though. You can't even tell me you wouldn't take Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson at #3. If he has Crabtree in that threesome, it is worth the pick and the cash.A Bowe and Crabtree combo is faster than Fitzgerald and Boldin and they make it work. And Haley knows how they make it work.

Ill say this,

If Pioli and Haley pick him then ive got no problem with it. I trust they know what they are doing.

Id rather they take Crabtree at #3 over Curry honestly. At least WR is a position that justifies paying that type of money to.

Thats why i question the Curry pick at #3.

SBK 04-03-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5639052)
Ill say this,

If Pioli and Haley pick him then ive got no problem with it. I trust they know what they are doing.

Id rather they take Crabtree at #3 over Curry honestly. At least WR is a position that justifies paying that type of money to.

If we stay at 3 and don't take a QB anyone we pick will cause me to stuff my face until I puke. Maybe even take up drinking again. The draft will officially be teh boringz and teh suk.

BigChiefFan 04-03-2009 10:38 PM

At this point, bring on the ****ing draft. Let's see what Pioli is made of. He's got everything he needs to make his mark. I believe we are going to kiss ass and take names-this guy is impressive in his approach, I can't wait until the fans get to see the move. Sweet, Jesus.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-04-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5638907)
nope, your acting like a little bitch honestly, I'm explaining my case while your acting like you're on the rag.

Your case involves insanely overrating him by comparing him to someone he shares almost no similarities to.

It's not my fault you're an idiot.

Tribal Warfare 04-04-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5639409)
It's not my fault you're an idiot.

aaah namecalling, just like middle school

milkman 04-04-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5639052)
Ill say this,

You know, I've argued as vociferously against drafting Curry at #3 as anyone here, yet I would rather draft Curry than Crabtree.

Michael Crabtree is not Larry Fitzgerald.

He isn't a disciplined route runner with incredible athleticism and the ability to outleap defenders and make spectacular catches routinely.

He is a slow WR with good hands.

Drafting Crabtree #3 overall would be monumentally stupid.

Coogs 04-04-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5639603)
You know, I've argued as vociferously against drafting Curry at #3 as anyone here, yet I would rather draft Curry than Crabtree.

Michael Crabtree is not Larry Fitzgerald.

He isn't a disciplined route runner with incredible athleticism and the ability to outleap defenders and make spectacular catches routinely.

He is a slow WR with good hands.

Drafting Crabtree #3 overall would be monumentally stupid.

Ususally I agree with you Milkman, but I have to disagree with you this time. His 40 time is listed as virtually the same as Fitzgerald, so I would not say he is exactly slow.

And I really believe if you put Bowe on one side and Crabtree on the other, it will make it virtually imposssible for teams to put 8 in the box. I just don't see Bradley being able to do that if we ignore the WR spot. And I am not so sure any of the WR's from the 3rd round on down would be an improvement to that situation.

And we must build a much stronger defense that Gun was able to put on the field. That is a given. But this isn't a 1 year fix, and there are much better defenders in next years draft at the top. Add some defenders in rounds 3 and on. Then finish out the defense next year. But, even with a great defense, sometimes you must have the offenses to be able to pull out a game.

We don't have to go back to the "greatest show on turf" type of offense. Cassel showed he could make an offense move with pretty good talent around him in NE. Crabtree could be the piece that could make this offense really open up for the RB and for Gonzo as well.

milkman 04-04-2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 5639620)
Ususally I agree with you Milkman, but I have to disagree with you this time. His 40 time is listed as virtually the same as Fitzgerald, so I would not say he is exactly slow.

And I really believe if you put Bowe on one side and Crabtree on the other, it will make it virtually imposssible for teams to put 8 in the box. I just don't see Bradley being able to do that if we ignore the WR spot. And I am not so sure any of the WR's from the 3rd round on down would be an improvement to that situation.

And we must build a much stronger defense that Gun was able to put on the field. That is a given. But this isn't a 1 year fix, and there are much better defenders in next years draft at the top. Add some defenders in rounds 3 and on. Then finish out the defense next year. But, even with a great defense, sometimes you must have the offenses to be able to pull out a game.

We don't have to go back to the "greatest show on turf" type of offense. Cassel showed he could make an offense move with pretty good talent around him in NE. Crabtree could be the piece that could make this offense really open up for the RB and for Gonzo as well.

Fitzgerald isn't fast.

4.5 is slow for a WR.

What separates Fitzgerald is his precise routes, incredible athletic ability, and his incredible concentration and hands, and Crabtree isn't in the same league.

I'd rather reach for Jeremy Macklin than draft Crabtree.

Ralphy Boy 04-04-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 5638324)
I just can't really seeing anyone wanting to trade up yet. Maybe it will happen, but I am just not seeing it yet. And most every single defender there is in the draft would not be ranked near this high in a different year. Look at next year for instance. How high would Curry be ranked in next years class? Orakpo?

Crabtree is the highest ranked offensive player there is on some boards. We don't need a LT. Crabtree not only makes sense, but an Andre Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald is not only worthy of the #3 money, but worthy of the #3 pick as well.

Seattle needs a LT and will likely take either Monroe or Smith. Any team below us that wants one will have to trade with us.

With all the changes (Winslow, Housmandzadeh) or uncertainty (Stallworth, Chad Johnson) in Cleveland & Cincy, I can't see Crabtree getting past # 6.

Denver will be looking to trade up with Jacksonville to get ahead of San Fran to snag Sanchez.

Mr. Krab 04-04-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 5639040)
That is Kipers comparison, not Coogs. I did see him play in person vs KSU this year, and I left impressed. Not that that means anything, but I do value what Kiper says.

Hehe, Coogs is now talking in 3rd person. LMAO

At least I would think that Haley would be able to evaluate the talent level of a wide receiver after working with Fitz and Boldin. He should have a better than average chance at knowing whether Crabtree is the next Fitz or whatever.

eazyb81 04-04-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 5638616)
You do realize this is Kiper saying Crabtree compares to Johnson/Fitzgerald, and not Coogs don't you?

I know. Kiper's and idiot!

It doesn't matter who is saying it. I keep hearing the comp to Johnson or Fitzgerald, but I think it's absolutely ridiculous.

Crabtree is slower, smaller, and less athletic than both. He has worse ball skills, runs crappier routes, and is coming out of a pass-happy spread system that inflated his stats.

Do you think Crabtree would be considered a top 3 pick if he went to, say, Pitt for college instead of Texas Tech?

I think this is just another case of hype for a player getting out of control.

htismaqe 04-04-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5638984)
I wouldnt draft a WR top 5 unless hes ELITE talent. I dont see that in Crabtree.

This.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-04-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5639459)
aaah namecalling, just like middle school

Priceless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5638907)
nope, your acting like a little bitch honestly, I'm explaining my case while your acting like you're on the rag.

Coogs 04-04-2009 11:55 AM

I know this isn't Johnson or Fitzgerald, but look at this on Boldin based off of his combine and workouts...

ANQUAN BOLDIN
Position: WR
Class: Underclassman
School: Florida St.
Conference: ACC
Ht., Wt.: 6'0½, 216
40 Time: 4.75
Grade: 3.56

Selected by Arizona Cardinals
Round 2, pick 22 (54 overall)
BIO: Junior entry who leaves school a year early after winning second team All-Conference Honors, leading Florida State in all receiving categories with 65 catches, 1, 011 yards and 13 scores. Sat out the 2001 campaign after suffering a season ending knee injury during pre-season drills. Ranked third on the team as a sophomore in receiving with 41-664-6. Performed terribly at the Combine, running poorly and struggling during pass catching drills. Has been used sporadically at QB. Recently ran a 4.59 during Pro-Day workouts in Tallahassee.

POSITIVES: Nice-sized wide out who consistently makes positive plays for the offense. Extends and catches the pass away from his frame, boxes out defenders and effectively runs after the reception. Adjusts to the errant throw, reaching back to catch the ball without breaking stride. Settles into the open spot on the field, looks the pass into his hands and pulls the throw out of the air. Displays focus, concentration and timing.

NEGATIVES: Not quick off the line of scrimmage, lacks sharpness running routes and overall quickness. Does not have the second gear or have separation downfield.

ANALYSIS: Not as bad as he looked at the Combine but his draft ranking will suffer none the less. A viable possession receiver at the next level who sneaks it downfield on occasion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just see Bowe and Crabtree being Boldin and Fitzgerald all over again. My first preferance would be Sanchez at #3. Crabtree would be my second choice.

And before any of you burst a blood vessel to your brains, the Chiefs pretty much never pick who I want them to pick. Never have. I don't expect things to change much just because a new regime is in control. My guess is an OT, 'cause that is about the last thing I want to see right now.