ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft I'll come out and say it: this was a good draft. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206766)

Direckshun 04-26-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5717646)
Look man I'm gonna say what I think, unlike alot of fans I'm not a flip flopper if my opinion is proven to be wrong I'll accept that but I am not going to view everything as all aces because it's my team.

Amazing how ballsy you are. You post zero mocks and you volunteer zero opinions over the course of the draft season except when you are criticizing others (I believe the only thing you volunteered all offseason was Jared Cook?, which by the way no team agreed with you on), and occasionally say things like "four years down the road" etc etc... really ballsy stuff there, when the exact odds of me sticking around here for four years or you even surviving that long are tiny at best. Forget about me actually remembering them.

buddha 04-27-2009 01:10 AM

What a dreadful collection of sad sacks on this board tonight. Here's the cry of the typical CP nutless wonder:

1. Draft sucked
2. I'm not going to bow down to Pioli and nobody can make me
3. I've been right before, just try and track down my old predictions
4. Every round was a reach
5. When the Chiefs DO get good again, I'll be the guy who said, "I told you so...!"
6. ...until then, I'm the guy who is telling you, "I told you so...!"
7. In the meantime, what worthless FAs are we getting (why bother asking...they will all just suck).
8. Pioli is really no better than King Carl

The list could go on and on, but why bother? I'm convinced that KC was going to get blasted no matter who they chose over the weekend.

Frankly, I have no idea if any of these guys are going to pan out. However, Pioli has credibility...dude has been there and done that. He has the rings to show that he knows what he is doing. That doesn't make him perfect or infallible, but it does give him a pass in my book. I am more than willing to give this man the benefit of the doubt when it comes to talent evaluation...he has earned that much. If you don't agree, fine. But really...stop and think about it. Why do any of us think they know more than Scott Freaking Pioli?

Mecca 04-27-2009 01:20 AM

Scott Pioli is getting absolutely ripped on by just about everyone who isn't a Chiefs fan from what I've seen...

buddha 04-27-2009 01:28 AM

Mecca, do you count Cassell as part of this draft or not? I think you have to, and I don't recall ANYBODY credible ripping Pioli when that trade was made. I've seen a couple of B grades for the balance of the draft this year...not exactly a scathing grade.

Mecca 04-27-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 5717922)
Mecca, do you count Cassell as part of this draft or not? I think you have to, and I don't recall ANYBODY credible ripping Pioli when that trade was made. I've seen a couple of B grades for the balance of the draft this year...not exactly a scathing grade.

I'm not a Cassel fan but I posted this earlier..

They are putting Matt Cassel in a position to fail, I don't think that is a good thing.

buddha 04-27-2009 01:37 AM

Are you sure that you're a Chiefs fan at this point? Serious question. If everything they are trying to do is so bad, why continue? It can't ALL be that bad, can it?

googlegoogle 04-27-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5717232)
I'll come out and say it:

You should have your head examined. I'm convinced you've taken a serious fall, been in a car accident, something - you've not been your normal self the past couple of weeks.

Maybe you should have yours examined to. :thumb:

Mecca 04-27-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 5717929)
Are you sure that you're a Chiefs fan at this point? Serious question. If everything they are trying to do is so bad, why continue? It can't ALL be that bad, can it?

We can have a logical conversation about it but when someone is just jumping around yelling Pioli like a parrot or acting like all ability to reason left them or cussing at me I'm not going to be nice or friendly with them.

I don't think it's a good draft no matter who was doing the picking. I think we left alot of value on the board.

The draft had alot of depth at OL TE and WR, so we proceeded to take a bunch of defenders in what was acknowledged as a weak defensive year. I understand they think it's a great idea to shoehorn in this defensive scheme and all but um they just traded for Cassel and said he's the guy.

If you're going to do that you have to give him enough to let him have a chance. We didn't upgrade our putrid OL and we didn't get him anyone else to throw to after trading Gonzalez, it's just begging for him to fail.

I don't think it was fair to Matt Cassel he doesn't deserve to get his brains beat in or get injured but the front office may after what they did to him over the course of this weekend.

googlegoogle 04-27-2009 01:41 AM

I love the pessimism.

Mecca 04-27-2009 01:44 AM

How is that pessimism?

I would tell you the Lions should be questioned for doing the exact same thing.

TinyEvel 04-27-2009 02:20 AM

I am not by any means a scholar of football either as a player or armchair coach and I think we did pretty well.

I do believe we should be ready to cue the Benny Hill music when our D takes the field if the coaching staff/DC can't get the scheme in line over the next 4 months. But consider how many blown leads we had...games given up in the 4th quarter...maybe D was more important than O. Again, we have needs all over the place on both sides of the ball.

I remember after NE won their first super bowl, the mainstream were touting Tom Brady as the hero but the sports press acknowledged that they were a team of few superstars, just really balanced - everyone working together the same.
I'll rest assured on that information rather than the "this guy should have gone later" and "They reached for that guy" armchair GMs.

SenselessChiefsFan 04-27-2009 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5717916)
Scott Pioli is getting absolutely ripped on by just about everyone who isn't a Chiefs fan from what I've seen...

Really, where have you been looking? I am not saying he is getting rave reviews, or "A" draft grades, but I don't see anyone ripping him.

They are ripping Al Davis, they are even ripping the Broncos for trading away next year's first round pick. Don't see them ripping Pioli.

MoreLemonPledge 04-27-2009 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 5718054)
Really, where have you been looking? I am not saying he is getting rave reviews, or "A" draft grades, but I don't see anyone ripping him.

They are ripping Al Davis, they are even ripping the Broncos for trading away next year's first round pick. Don't see them ripping Pioli.

Walterfootball is ripping Pioli a new one every chance he gets, and I usually like the guy.

kysirsoze 04-27-2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 5717969)
I am not by any means a scholar of football either as a player or armchair coach and I think we did pretty well.

I do believe we should be ready to cue the Benny Hill music when our D takes the field if the coaching staff/DC can't get the scheme in line over the next 4 months. But consider how many blown leads we had...games given up in the 4th quarter...maybe D was more important than O. Again, we have needs all over the place on both sides of the ball.

I remember after NE won their first super bowl, the mainstream were touting Tom Brady as the hero but the sports press acknowledged that they were a team of few superstars, just really balanced - everyone working together the same.
I'll rest assured on that information rather than the "this guy should have gone later" and "They reached for that guy" armchair GMs.

Thizzle

SenselessChiefsFan 04-27-2009 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5717932)
We can have a logical conversation about it but when someone is just jumping around yelling Pioli like a parrot or acting like all ability to reason left them or cussing at me I'm not going to be nice or friendly with them.

I don't think it's a good draft no matter who was doing the picking. I think we left alot of value on the board.

The draft had alot of depth at OL TE and WR, so we proceeded to take a bunch of defenders in what was acknowledged as a weak defensive year. I understand they think it's a great idea to shoehorn in this defensive scheme and all but um they just traded for Cassel and said he's the guy.

If you're going to do that you have to give him enough to let him have a chance. We didn't upgrade our putrid OL and we didn't get him anyone else to throw to after trading Gonzalez, it's just begging for him to fail.

I don't think it was fair to Matt Cassel he doesn't deserve to get his brains beat in or get injured but the front office may after what they did to him over the course of this weekend.

I am fine with Tyson Jackson. I wish they could have traded back and got him, but I don't they could have. I don't think the Jets gave them the same offer, but if they did, I don't think that he would have been on the board at 17.

Magee and Washington were both value picks.

After this draft, the Chiefs defensive line should be solid. The Chiefs have versatility and quality along their defensive front.

Dorsey can play end or NT in the 3-4. Jackson, Boone, and Magee can all play inside or outside.

Edwards and Tank Tyler are the 1st/2nd down NT's.

The Chiefs have a ton of options up front now. I don't see this as a bad thing.

As far as Cassel goes, sometimes the most help you can give a young QB is a defense that will take the pressure off of him.

Honestely, I think Curry would have made a bigger impact. I would have rather had Curry. If not Curry, I would have preferred a trade back.

With that said, Jackson plays a position that is harder to fill.