ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel and Whitlock = BFF's (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208215)

orange 05-27-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 5796522)
Yes. Do you actually know anything about Cassel?

The guy was a pitcher on the USC baseball team and was actually drafted by the A's.

Cassel played one season of baseball for USC in 2004, he had an 0–1 record with 10 strikeouts and 4 walks, he played in 8 games and started 1. Cassel struck out in his only at bat in college. He also had 2 saves with a 9.35 ERA, and was selected by the Oakland Athletics in the 36th round of the 2004 MLB Draft

2004 - his last season at USC. He was a walkon - it's not like he was too busy playing football. Drafted in the 36th round for his athletic ability.

As for Carson Palmer - what do you expect him to say about a teammate?

The idea that transferring to a school where you will play is quitting - THAT'S idiotic.

Just Passin' By 05-27-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 5796537)
[I]The idea that transferring to a school where you will play is quitting - THAT'S idiotic.

:spock:

You're kidding, right? I mean, you don't see that quitting your team to go somewhere else is quitting?

orange 05-27-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 5796522)
To you, a sign of a competitor is to quit competing and to go elsewhere so you don't have to compete. To the vast majority of the world, quitters aren't considered competitors.

The idea that he stayed at USC to compete is a joke. He got what, 30 passes in four years?

To the vast majority of the world, someone who loses out getting a job should go get a different job, not hang around the company sweeping the floors and waiting for the first guy to die so he can re-apply.

Just Passin' By 05-27-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 5796570)
The idea that he stayed at USC to compete is a joke. He got what, 30 passes in four years?

To the vast majority of the world, someone who loses out getting a job should go get a different job, not hang around the company sweeping the floors and waiting for the first guy to die so he can re-apply.

Ok, so you've never played sports in your life, right? I mean, you clearly have missed all the players on the benches of these sports, so you can't possibly have played.

P.S. When Brady lost out on the starting job in Michigan and New England, should he have just quit and started looking for another job?

notorious 05-27-2009 12:30 PM

Ah Hell. We have a one year deal to see what Cassel has. Reading debate between Brady and Cassel has lowered my already low IQ into the negative. Brady is a HOFer, Cassel is a flash in the pants SO FAR. Based on the history of similar situations with backups signing with other teams, I am not expecting much from Cassel.

PLEASE stop comparing the two. Brady went 16-0 with the team that Cassel filled in on. There is NO comparison between the two.

orange 05-27-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 5796586)
Ah Hell. We have a one year deal to see what Cassel has. Reading debate between Brady and Cassel has lowered my already low IQ into the negative. Brady is a HOFer, Cassel is a flash in the pants SO FAR. Based on the history of similar situations with backups signing with other teams, I am not expecting much from Cassel.

PLEASE stop comparing the two. Brady went 16-0 with the team that Cassel filled in on. There is NO comparison between the two.

This.

By the way, I think you're short-changing yourself. You show signs of positive IQ. Maybe a resurgence.

Just Passin' By 05-27-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 5796586)

Nobody's comparing their on-the-field games. Well, I'm not at the moment, anyway.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-27-2009 12:38 PM

Yeah, here's a little food for thought:

Guy sits on bench and does prep work for his chosen vocation for almost a decade.
Guy finally get's his shot, plays like a finely honed razor blade by the end of the season, and gains league-wide respect in the process.

That's some pretty wicked ****ing A-Game for someone not taking hundreds of snaps since High School through College.
Let that shit sink-in and marinate, bitches.

Orton blows. Donks need to quit talking up something that doesn't exist. It's just pathetic.
Seriously; just...stop.

notorious 05-27-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 5796594)
This.

By the way, I think you're short-changing yourself. You show signs of positive IQ. Maybe a resurgence.

Before I started posting on football message boards I probably had enough intelligence to design a perpetual motion machine, cure cancer, and finally fix the E.D. problem for aging males.

After the recent draft I can barely feed myself, I am infinately entertained by Sponge Bob, and I find myself staring at walls for hours.

What is next?!?!?! Am I going to start watching SOCCER?!?!

notorious 05-27-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 5796607)
Nobody's comparing their on-the-field games. Well, I'm not at the moment, anyway.

Agreed.

warpaint* 05-27-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 5795949)
your right, but the way he writes it is Joe Montana was just another Back up that we tried to convert to be a starter, which every one know is bullshit.

The point is no matter how high profile they are all qb's that weren't good enough to start for teams they were on at the time, no matter the reason. Which, he's right about. Ofcourse he completely ignores the fact that this is a completely different regime from the one that made all of those previous decisions.

Regardless, Pioli was in the organization and thought enough of Cassel to trade for him so I'm fine w/ it until the on field results state otherwise.

Having said that, Cassel has much to prove. My confidence in him is based solely on my confidence in Pioli's ability to evaluate talent, not Cassel's ability to perform for one season when he has Randy Moss and Wes Welker, et al to work with.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-27-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5796619)
Yeah, here's a little food for thought:

Guy sits on bench and does prep work for his chosen vocation for almost a decade.
Guy finally get's his shot, plays like a finely honed razor blade by the end of the season, and gains league-wide respect in the process.

That's some pretty wicked ****ing A-Game for someone not taking hundreds of snaps since High School through College.
Let that shit sink-in and marinate, bitches.

Orton blows. Donks need to quit talking up something that doesn't exist. It's just pathetic.
Seriously; just...stop.

Exactly, people hold against him that they "only" went 11-5 without Brady. When you take into account that Cassel hadn't started a damn game in 8 years, the level he played at by the end of the season was pretty incredible.

notorious 05-27-2009 12:46 PM

I think New England's coaching combined with Brady's drive made Brady who he is today. It takes more then talent at QB to be good.

You have to have patient coaches who know how to teach a QB and allow him to grow through mistakes.

That is the key IMO.

ToxSocks 05-27-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 5796585)
Ok, so you've never played sports in your life, right? I mean, you clearly have missed all the players on the benches of these sports, so you can't possibly have played.

P.S. When Brady lost out on the starting job in Michigan and New England, should he have just quit and started looking for another job?

Didn't Brady have to split time with Chad Henne, even when he "Started"?

Just Passin' By 05-27-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 5796642)
Didn't Brady have to split time with Chad Henne, even when he "Started"?

Drew Henson, not Chad Henne, but you are correct in the general notion of Brady having to platoon.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...an.html?cat=14