ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Liam Neeson in talks for 'A-Team' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208776)

BWillie 06-12-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5827027)
Well, Neeson does have a "very particular set of skills" "skills he has acquired over a very long career."

Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you. If he gets this part that'll be the end of it. He will not look for you, he will not pursue you. But if he doesnt, he will look for you, he will find you, and he will kill you.

Rep!

DBOSHO 06-12-2010 02:14 PM

Ive never seen the a-team so i cant compare neeson and the original actor, but i loved neesons hannibal. Jmo.

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 03:49 PM

Neeson was OK as Hannibal. I wish he had been a little more smooth and witty like Peppard but it didn't really detract from the movie.

Deberg_1990 06-12-2010 03:53 PM

I liked it a lot. its basically an origin story of the tv show opening. The casting is what sells it. Everyone was note pefect in this. I liked the bad guys patrick wilson and old 80's teen hearthrob brian bloom a lot as well. Both were very good.

The action was silly and stupid, but so was the tv show. Its a solid guys night out
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 04:02 PM

Dumb reviews like this are popping up all over the place.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65903I20100610

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Beginning with the sound era, studios and films producers have longed for a way to eliminate the screenwriter from the filmmaking process.

By and large, writers are prickly personalities who absorb too much time, demand too much credit and need to be kept clear of the set, where they might interfere with the director, who is, after all, the real auteur of the film.

With "The A-Team," a Fox film derived from a 1980s TV series, this dream now is a reality. The film seems nearly writer-free. Absolutely no time gets wasted on story, character development or logic. The film lurches from one action sequence to another, with little connection between the scenes.

The characters move directly from small to big screen with new actors, of course, but little else changed including their famous catchphrases. So the screenwriting as such has been reduced to storyboards, stunt rigging and visual effects. Of the three writers receiving credit, one is the director, action maven Joe Carnahan ("Smokin' Aces"), and the other is one of the film's actors, Brian Bloom.

Carnahan's reputation among young men for delivering action will mean more than any association with a 25-year-old TV series. So "A-Team" could open on Friday with a weekend box office haul of more than $30 million.

The story's four Special Forces soldiers meet in an inexplicable series of shootouts in Sonora, Mexico. These are Liam Neeson in the George Peppard role of the cocky, cigar-chomping team leader "Hannibal" Smith; Bradley Cooper as "Face" Peck, a man efficient at illicit requisitions when not baring his chest like a male model; pro martial artist Quinton "Rampage" Jackson as Mr. T -- sorry, B.A. Baracus, the team's driver and muscle -- and "District 9's" amazing Sharlto Copley as a mentally unstable pilot.

The quartet seems to operate free of any military oversight through Iraq, Germany, Switzerland, Lake Tahoe and the Long Beach Harbor. At some point, a false crime is hung on the four so they can go "rogue," which fits the concept behind the Stephen J. Cannell/Frank Lupo TV series. But disconnection from the U.S. military has no apparent impact on supply lines, support personnel or logistical capabilities. Good thing, too, for that would require a writer to figure out where all this backup comes from.

Various people are on the A-Team's tail, including Jessica Biel, who as Face's former flame gives the film its only female sex appeal; Patrick Wilson as an apparently rogue CIA officer; and Bloom, a mysterious military contractor.

All the actors can do amid the explosions and stunts is to develop a comic banter among themselves that isn't about anything other than how unconcerned everyone is over these supposedly life-and-death situations. Because for all the firepower in any sequence, none of the heroes gets more than a bump on the head or clothes that need cleaning. Yes, a writer would only gum things up with suspense and character.

KcMizzou 06-12-2010 05:02 PM

So how was Rampage as BA?

pr_capone 06-12-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6816938)

Dunno, dun care.

I only wish he had expired attempting to perform a stunt.

F Hollywood for raping my childhood yet again.

F Rampage for being a baby killing thug asshole that should never have had the opportunity to continue his fighting career much less make millions with this movie.

I refuse to spend my money on this film. Too bad too... I enjoy most everything Liam does.

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6816938)

Pretty good, they actually give him a decent little character arc. He has some badass parts and they really played up the "BA is a pussy who doesn't like to fly" thing. In fact we learn WHY he hates flying.

Deberg_1990 06-12-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6816971)
Pretty good, they actually give him a decent little character arc. He has some badass parts and they really played up the "BA is a pussy who doesn't like to fly" thing. In fact we learn WHY he hates flying.

This...I actually thought he did a good job..as I mentioned before...they all did. Its the movies strength. They cast solid actors who are really above the material...but they rise above.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 05:38 PM

By the way, I just love everything Murdock in this movie.

Bust a gut laughing at "you spin me right round baby right round" and the part about the 3D movie being so realistic, it felt like they were firing real bullets at them.

I need to see it again because the movie goes SO FAST I'm sure I missed some of it.

Deberg_1990 06-12-2010 05:41 PM

Carnahan only made one mistake.. no scenes with jessica biel in a bikini...
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv 06-12-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 6816957)
Dunno, dun care.

I only wish he had expired attempting to perform a stunt.

F Hollywood for raping my childhood yet again.

F Rampage for being a baby killing thug asshole that should never have had the opportunity to continue his fighting career much less make millions with this movie.

I refuse to spend my money on this film. Too bad too... I enjoy most everything Liam does.

dude he asked how he was in the movie, not some gripe you have about him.

Anyways, i heard this movie is pretty damned good and jackson was pretty awesome. I need to check it out asap.

Chieficus 06-12-2010 06:58 PM

The movie is what its supposed to be... it's not supposed to be great character or a life-changing plot...

It is a revenge flick/comedy with a lot of boom, and it pulls it off very very well.

The actors are great for their parts (my only complaint w/ Neeson is that he sounds too much like Neeson, but hey... what can you do?), and even the dumb dialogue fits b/c it is meant to fit.

Very good summer action flick...

Gravedigger 06-12-2010 07:21 PM

I don't know how I felt after this movie, it was so rediculous that I couldnt take it seriously. Half the time I couldnt understand the jokes cause they came too fast or they were lost in the sound. Personally its worth a rent but I won't buy it when it comes out. Entertaining summer movie which is what I expected.

Hammock Parties 06-12-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 6817155)
I don't know how I felt after this movie, it was so rediculous that I couldnt take it seriously.

That's the A-Team. :)