ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink The All Things St. Joseph Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209309)

Pablo 06-27-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 5863582)
The Muny was good when T Dale owned it, and then it was a Guerdado or Barbosa that had it ... did he sell it?

I have no clue who owns it now, but it's still a dive that NOBODY goes too. I mean, they even have trouble attracting good crowds with weeknight college specials. Not to say I haven't had a good time in there a couple of times, but it definitely isn't worth checking out in the summer. At all.

MoHusker 03-10-2010 10:30 AM

Just found the Chiefs Planet site and excited about training camp in St. Joseph. There are a lot of good places to eat and drink in town. For those who weren't big on Legends, I don't know. The food is WAY underrated. You get huge portions and it's really good food. And, there are A LOT of flat screen, high def big screen TVs. The beer is also pretty cheap. They are always having specials.

Also, they've opened up an upscale pool hall on-site that is FANTASTIC. It's called Sharky's and has more than a dozen tables with plenty of flat screen tvs.

At night, there's still a decent crowd, but not like when it was packed a couple years ago. I think the downtown bars are taking some of that. But, if you're looking for a drink or food between practices on the two-a-days, its location and the food, pool and tvs make it the place to go.

Kyle DeLexus 03-10-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoHusker (Post 6592388)
Just found the Chiefs Planet site and excited about training camp in St. Joseph. There are a lot of good places to eat and drink in town. For those who weren't big on Legends, I don't know. The food is WAY underrated. You get huge portions and it's really good food. And, there are A LOT of flat screen, high def big screen TVs. The beer is also pretty cheap. They are always having specials.

Also, they've opened up an upscale pool hall on-site that is FANTASTIC. It's called Sharky's and has more than a dozen tables with plenty of flat screen tvs.

At night, there's still a decent crowd, but not like when it was packed a couple years ago. I think the downtown bars are taking some of that. But, if you're looking for a drink or food between practices on the two-a-days, its location and the food, pool and tvs make it the place to go.

Can I stay at your place? If you don't live there, do you want to split a hotel room?

Demonpenz 03-10-2010 11:20 AM

I will honestly be waiting to fight anyone at legends. Open inventation to get your ass kicked. I will go over to volly's and get some sand and put it in my cargo pants, throw that shit in someones face, then leg sweep you and dunk your head "what i call a st joe swirlie" Dunk your head in one of st joe's 2 feet deep pot holes. Charles street Dogs ....roll out

Kyle DeLexus 03-10-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 6592517)
I will honestly be waiting to fight anyone at legends. Open inventation to get your ass kicked. I will go over to volly's and get some sand and put it in my cargo pants, throw that shit in someones face, then leg sweep you and dunk your head "what i call a st joe swirlie" Dunk your head in one of st joe's 2 feet deep pot holes. Charles street Dogs ....roll out

I think someone put on their bad idea jeans this morning.

Pablo 03-10-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 6592517)

It's a St. Josephoff motherfather. I'm down.

AustinChief 03-10-2010 05:30 PM

On places to eat... add Cordonniers Place to the list please.

Demonpenz 03-10-2010 06:28 PM

Cordonniers is where drunkards hang out. I think they still serve catfish with bones fried. There is a bar right next too it with a bouey (sp) leaning up against the metal made bar. I am sure the people are nice and are drinking by noon at those places

Pablo 03-10-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 6594083)
Cordonniers is where drunkards hang out. I think they still serve catfish with bones fried. There is a bar right next too it with a bouey (sp) leaning up against the metal made bar. I am sure the people are nice and are drinking by noon at those places

Oh yeah, you can step out and smell the industry too.

AustinChief 03-10-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 6594083)

Well they are family, so it fits.

Nzoner 03-10-2010 08:01 PM

If anyone wants to stay at Casa De Nzoner's I'm taking reservations,rates will be based on what kind of bed you're looking for.

Availability includes

1 Private King
1 Private Queen
1 Private Futon
1 (very comfortable) Futon in open gameroom.

Jenson71 03-10-2010 08:10 PM

He was a great man.

salame 03-10-2010 08:26 PM

I used to live there
It's quite the majestic place

cmh6476 07-23-2010 08:07 AM

bump :shrug:

Bill Lundberg 07-23-2010 08:50 AM

What happened to that great restaurant on the river? Used to have live music on the deck every Sunday night. I can't think of the name right now, but it was awesome.