ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jarrad Page's Agent Slams Chiefs In E-Mail‏ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231672)

Hydrae 08-06-2010 03:31 PM

If the Chiefs were truely being vindictive the place to complain is to the NFLPA, not a local radio station.

OnTheWarpath15 08-06-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6920984)
Let's see, the Chiefs don't like him, he doesn't like the Chiefs, he wants to be traded....what's the ****in problem?

Is this going to turn into another one of those "lets **** ourselves to prove a point" things?

Looks like it.

Mecca 08-06-2010 03:35 PM

Hell for all we know he could be right in the situation. If he feels he was intimidated into playing with a legit injury which made it worse I could see why he'd be like **** those guys I'm not playing for them again.

kstater 08-06-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6920840)
For the record, I'm completely fine with the Chiefs saying "**** you" to Page.

Provided that "**** you" mans trading him and getting something for him.

It does the organization no good whatsoever to keep him, not play him, and get no compensation for him when they could have. Draft picks are currency, and this franchise needs all the currency they can get their hands on.

Being spiteful and trying to prove a point only hurts the team. Any draft pick we get in return is a potential contributor in the future. The Chiefs aren't going to play Page, he has no future here.

Ship him, get a pick and end the drama. It's the best for everyone involved.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they offered him a tendered contract and it's up to him whether he wants to sign it?

OnTheWarpath15 08-06-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6921005)
Hell for all we know he could be right in the situation. If he feels he was intimidated into playing with a legit injury which made it worse I could see why he'd be like **** those guys I'm not playing for them again.

It's impossible that the Chiefs could be at fault here.

Mecca 08-06-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 6921008)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they offered him a tendered contract and it's up to him whether he wants to sign it?

But if his claim is true why would he want to play for people that he feels handled him negligently?

OnTheWarpath15 08-06-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 6921008)

And why would he sign it?

According to him, they forced him to play while injured, and it landed him on IR.

That's ****ing with a man's career.

And even if he signed, he's just going to rot in Haley's doghouse. Why stick around and have your career torched by an egomaniac?

A trade is best for both parties. I don't see how that statement is even debatable.

Keeping him is not in the best interest of either party, a trade benefits everyone involved.

It would be stupid for the Chiefs to hold a guy hostage that they have no intentions of playing, when they could get compensation for him.

End the drama, deal him, and get back to the business of playing football. It's a distraction this team doesn't need, and Pioli is dragging it out.

Mecca 08-06-2010 03:44 PM

If the Chiefs keep him in this situation there isn't another word to use than to say the team is being vindictive to prove some point that isn't there.

ToxSocks 08-06-2010 03:47 PM

I'm believing Page's story. Look at Brandon Flowers and Jamal Charles last year. Both played through injury and had to have surgery in the offseason.

And we all know Haley berates....so...siding with Page here. I hope Haley doesn't cost us any more players though.

CHENZ A! 08-06-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6921018)
If the Chiefs keep him in this situation there isn't another word to use than to say the team is being vindictive to prove some point that isn't there.

The point is you can't just request to be traded and expect it to happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dante84 08-06-2010 04:47 PM

anyone elses page numbers on the main page go backwards for this thread????

(54321)) is what it shows next to the thread. Weird.

Just Passin' By 08-06-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6921018)

If they'd traded him, you'd be bitching about how they gave in to a player's demands when they shouldn't have.

Dante84 08-06-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 6921142)
anyone elses page numbers on the main page go backwards for this thread????

(54321)) is what it shows next to the thread. Weird.

ummm

I meant ( 5 4 3 2 1 )

not the crazy guy.

Marcellus 08-06-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6921015)
And why would he sign it?

According to him, they forced him to play while injured, and it landed him on IR.

That's ****ing with a man's career.

And even if he signed, he's just going to rot in Haley's doghouse. Why stick around and have your career torched by an egomaniac?

A trade is best for both parties. I don't see how that statement is even debatable.

Keeping him is not in the best interest of either party, a trade benefits everyone involved.

It would be stupid for the Chiefs to hold a guy hostage that they have no intentions of playing, when they could get compensation for him.

End the drama, deal him, and get back to the business of playing football. It's a distraction this team doesn't need, and Pioli is dragging it out.

OTWP what do you do for a living? What happened in your past to make you so anti management?

Marcellus 08-06-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 6921151)
If they'd traded him, you'd be bitching about how they gave in to a player's demands when they shouldn't have.

Yea.