ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals AAAA Royals vs. AAAA Mariners 8/6 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231688)

alnorth 08-06-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6921569)
Why is Willie Bloomquist on an AL team I could see his value to an NL team but an AL team?

I think games like this just show that the Royals are streaking, streaking for the #1 pick.

Thats an impossible dream. The pirates and orioles have a hammer-lock on the top 2 picks.

tk13 08-06-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6921561)
It's the Royals and at that time they had even less to be excited about than they do now, it's not like they were the Yankees that could go yea we'll replace you for being a ****up now get out.

It's always negative with you. Everything that goes well is some offshoot of some other negative. I think some teams would've handled it well, some wouldn't. There are a lot of hardasses out there who don't like quitters... Mike Shanahan types, if you will. It doesn't always work out. It's not like anybody coddled Roscoe Crosby when he threw his career away.

alnorth 08-06-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 6921576)
It's always negative with you. Everything that goes well is some offshoot of some other negative. I think some teams would've handled it well, some wouldn't. There are a lot of hardasses out there who don't like quitters... Mike Shanahan types, if you will. It doesn't always work out. It's not like anybody coddled Roscoe Crosby when he threw his career away.

heh, he's not that negative.

Maybe on this board, but on other Royals boards there are some pricks who ostensibly are Royals fans, but either for laughs or because of emotional baseball scarring in early Royal fan-dom, they are so aggressively negative that its almost a parody.

Sure-Oz 08-06-2010 10:11 PM

Kotchman u ****

Sure-Oz 08-06-2010 10:11 PM

Butler swinging at shit on the ground

Sure-Oz 08-06-2010 10:13 PM

Kila 0fer ****

doomy3 08-06-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 6921576)

You must have a massive boner for mecca.

Mecca 08-06-2010 10:15 PM

:facepalm:

It'd be nice if I bothered you that much you'd just ignore me instead of acting like you're 5 when I post.

tk13 08-06-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 6921589)
heh, he's not that negative.

Maybe on this board, but on other Royals boards there are some pricks who ostensibly are Royals fans, but either for laughs or because of emotional baseball scarring in early Royal fan-dom, they are so aggressively negative that its almost a parody.

Yeah, I would be angry most of the time if I was forced to post over at Royals Corner. But at least they could tell me the lower intestinal UZR of the pancakes I had for breakfast while torturing Emil Brown with bees Wicker Man style as all the women wore Aaron Guiel masks.

doomy3 08-06-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6921600)
:facepalm:

It'd be nice if I bothered you that much you'd just ignore me instead of acting like you're 5 when I post.

I think you bring good comedy value to the board, or else I would.

Mecca 08-06-2010 10:24 PM

I haven't even been all that negative about anything in awhile, I don't think pointing out that the Royals stuck with Grienke because they had nothing to lose being a bad team is being negative.

I don't think saying the Royals minors look really good but until Moore figures out how to actually sign productive major league players I'll remain skeptical of their ability to compete in a few years.

Mama Hip Rockets 08-06-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6921571)
ok wtf, Sweeney batted cleanup tonight for the phillies

8th M Sweeney singled to center, R Gload scored :eek:

Mama Hip Rockets 08-06-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6921486)
Jason Kendall has no business batting #2, what a dogshit bunt

He's only been in the major leagues for 27 years. He hasn't had time to learn the art of the bunt yet.

BillSelfsTrophycase 08-06-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 6921638)
8th M Sweeney singled to center, R Gload scored :eek:

In related news Dayton JIHP

bigbucks24 08-06-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 6921573)
Thats an impossible dream. The pirates and orioles have a hammer-lock on the top 2 picks.

Now watch the O's screw that up with a win streak. :cuss: