ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Depth Chart (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231781)

OnTheWarpath15 08-09-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6925728)
I think it highly unlikely that Weigman will win the job at center over Niswanger, and to this point, most of the camp reports have Niswanger working almost exclusively with the first team.

Weigman is done.

As bad as Niswanger is, Weigman, at this point, is worse.

Glad we fixed that gaping hole at the center position.

:thumb:

DeezNutz 08-09-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6925733)

There were no other options. Those who were available never would come to the Chiefs, especially when they had opportunities to be in places like STL, far closer to nirvana (read: Cardinals fans).

OnTheWarpath15 08-09-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6925735)
There were no other options. Those who were available never would come to the Chiefs, especially when they had opportunities to be in places like STL, far closer to nirvana (read: Cardinals fans).

LMAO

Well played.

Coogs 08-09-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6925242)
With Flowers, Berry, Carr and Arenas no one can throw on us. No one.

Offenses will have to rely on the run, but with First rounders Dorsey, Jackson, Hali and DJ in the front 7 that's going to be next to impossible. I don't even know how QB's are going to be redy for the complex schemes that Crennel is going to unload on unsuspecting offenses.

Hali should be ready fpr 12+ sacks, Dorsey for about 8 sacks ( cuz 3-4 DE don't get big numbers) and DJ another 10+ sack year.

You know, I have been one of the culprits suggesting the defense can be better with 5 first rounders... three of them top 5 picks... on the roster. They don't have to be the second comming of the Steel Curtain to be successful. But to continue to accept the 30-32 rankings that came to be so much the norm under Gun and GR with 5 first round draft picks is unacceptable IMO. I expect better... and am confident that this coaching staff, including Haley, will put a defense on the field that will produce results much better than their predecessors.

Sorry if I am too optimistic. ;)

wasi 08-09-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 6925932)
Sorry if I am too optimistic. ;)

Not much reason to think otherwise:

1. Can't get much worse
2. Proven coaches
3. Easier schedule

Titty Meat 08-09-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6925728)
I think it highly unlikely that Weigman will win the job at center over Niswanger, and to this point, most of the camp reports have Niswanger working almost exclusively with the first team.

Weigman is done.

As bad as Niswanger is, Weigman, at this point, is worse.

Been sayin it since we signed that asshole. He might not even make the roster.

BWillie 08-09-2010 11:29 PM

Instead of playing McGraw, can't we just have Eric Berry play Free and Strong Safety at the same time? Just play 10 players on D, fuck it.

Saccopoo 08-10-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6925107)
Wow, I'd never made the connection, but according to a chart in there, the only player on the current chiefs that was acquired prior to 2005 was Brian Waters. 23 total acquired prior to 2009. 27 acquired last offseason. 32 acquired this offseason.

Talk about cleaning house.

Of course, the more important issue is how many of those 59 acquired in 2009-10 will still be here in 2015.

**** you. Carl could draft balls out. U ****in noob! The Hunts had it in for him the last decade. If it wasn't for Carl, this franchise would be in the shithouse...wait...um...whatever.

**** you noob!

Saccopoo 08-10-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6925733)

You know, with that fifth rounder that we traded away to move up eight spots to get Moeaki, we could have picked up Matt Tennant...

Didn't Moeaki already get hurt in the first week of summer camp?

How's Pitta look in Baltimore?

OnTheWarpath15 08-10-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6926054)
You know, with that fifth rounder that we traded away to move up eight spots to get Moeaki, we could have picked up Matt Tennant...

Didn't Moeaki already get hurt in the first week of summer camp?

How's Pitta look in Baltimore?

Thanks for reminding me about Tennant, asshole.

LMAO

Mr. Laz 08-10-2010 09:30 AM

for some reason the Chiefs are determined that Niswanger is the guy.

two positions where we could of easily drafted replacements at position where we might need it ... Quarterback and Center.

The Chiefs didn't want to ... refused to ... :shake:

wasi 08-10-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6926288)
Quarterback and Center.

As per Weis, those two positions are the only ones to touch the ball on every offensive play. I absolutely agree, Niswanger sucked last year, I hope the improves dramatically.

DeezNutz 08-10-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasi (Post 6926311)
As per Weis, those two positions are the only ones to touch the ball on every offensive play. I absolutely agree, Niswanger sucked last year, I hope the improves dramatically.

Coaching alone should help us win an additional 3-4 games.

jbwm89 08-10-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasi (Post 6925961)
Not much reason to think otherwise:

1. Can't get much worse
2. Proven coaches
3. Easier schedule

#3 should get us 1-2 more wins from last year even if we don't take a giant step forward, IMO

Titty Meat 08-10-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6926331)
Coaching alone should help us win an additional 3-4 games.

If we sign Donnie Edwards he'll win us 2 games alone. Thats 5 games already in the books!