ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Question for those who have been to OAKLAND before... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233098)

Sure-Oz 09-07-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 6985200)
I just don't understand the purpose of going to a Chiefs game and not wearing red, not expressing yourself, and not totally lighting up when things go well.

McCluster breaks a 50 yarder off the left tackle... Why the hell pay for a ticket if you're going to react to that with a golf clap?

Wear red. Make the lady wear red. Thicken your skin accordingly, and love your team.

LIKE THE GOOD LORD INTENDED

Maybe cause you don't want to get stabbed?

Direckshun 09-07-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6985205)
Maybe cause you don't want to get stabbed?

You'll be fine. Just don't be a prick.

Be a nice guy, love your team. Wear red and love the hate. Take a couple pictures, leave with a lifetime experience.

That's what football is all a-****in'-bout.

1adam1238 09-07-2010 08:18 PM

I drove to a royals game against the A's a couple of years ago. I got lost outside the stadium.....it was like a warzone....Oakland is a $hithole and that is being nice about it.

Bwana 09-07-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 6985191)
I figured this would be a dumb place to ask for advice...

:spock:

Find, then go in there with your Chiefs gear on, get really liquored up like normal and start acting like you do on here. Let us know how that works out for you. :thumb:

dirk digler 09-07-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 6985180)
I don't have a choice here man...

I'm going to be in that area at that time and thought it would be fun to check out the Chiefs on the road...

I'm still going to do it...I just won't wear Chiefs stuff or cheer...it's not like I still won't have a great time...I love watching the Chiefs play.

right now I'm just trying to see how affordable/enjoyable I can make this without spending a fortune...

Take Dane's advice and stay in San Fran and take the Bart to the Stadium. Looking at the schedule it would take about 30 minutes from Embarcadero (closet one to Fisherman's Wharf) to the Stadium and the cost is $3.80 one way\person.

Buck 09-07-2010 08:19 PM

There are some nice parts in Oakland, but its mostly shitty, fyi.

Bwana 09-07-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

I just don't understand the purpose of going to a Chiefs game and not wearing red, not expressing yourself, and not totally lighting up when things go well.

You really do live in a ****ing bubble, don't you. ROFL

Stinger 09-07-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6985215)
There are some nice parts in Oakland,

Yeah but it is the piece of land by the sign saying you are now leaving Oakland.

Direckshun 09-07-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 6985220)
You really do live in a ****ing bubble, don't you. ROFL

As should be obvious by now, I just have really thick skin and having people holler at me like idiots doesn't hinder me from having a great time.

dirk digler 09-07-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

McCluster breaks a 50 yarder off the left tackle... Why the hell pay for a ticket if you're going to react to that with a golf clap?

Wear red. Make the lady wear red. Thicken your skin accordingly, and love your team.

LIKE THE GOOD LORD INTENDED

That is like walking into a Crips neighborhood wearing red. Brillant

LaChapelle 09-07-2010 08:22 PM

You don't have to go to that much trouble to find someone to stab AriDouche in the face

big nasty kcnut 09-07-2010 08:23 PM

wear some bulletproof vest and carry at least a 45. cal.

Hammock Parties 09-07-2010 08:23 PM

I think of the best times ever....would be to go to Oakland in a red darth vader costume....

You know it would piss off all the tards in regular vader suits.

Pablo 09-07-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 6985224)
As should be obvious by now, I just have really thick skin and having people holler at me like idiots doesn't hinder me from having a great time.

Does being stabbed in the base of the spinal cord with a screwdriver hinder your good time?

Oakland fans are classless, dirty scum that love to stab upstanding citizens.

dirk digler 09-07-2010 08:24 PM

and btw I would think at the Stadium is where you might be the safest. I would hate to wear a Chiefs jersey on the Bart before or after the game where you are in an enclosed space with no cops around.