ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Missouri stole our drum! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237534)

Pants 11-29-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7209682)
Hilarious how this has magically shifted into a basketball thread. Regardless, ku's lack of fan support was truly pathetic on Saturday. The f'n student section was empty except for the band.

The ku side of Arrowhead is below. Embarrassing to see you send off your seniors like this.

It's not a basketball thread, dummy. I swear to God, one of you sees the word 'basketball' and the collective goes full reerun. Why don't you try and actually read the points being argued here, champ.

Bowser 11-29-2010 12:18 PM

We are one Sam Hall appearance away from this thread being complete!

Bowser 11-29-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7209690)
That's not my point at all, and I'm sure you know this because you're far from stupid. My point is that you can't blame a fanbase for not filling up a stadium for a team that is a gimpy cellar-dweller with a rich tradition of being one. THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN no matter where you look. You CAN, however blame a fanbase for not showing up to support an up and coming, #11 ranked program.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7209700)
It's not a basketball thread, dummy. I swear to God, one of you sees the word 'basketball' and the collective goes full reerun. Why don't you try and actually read the points being argued here, champ.

:hmmm:

Bambi 11-29-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7209651)
You win some, you lose some.

55-55-9.

lol.

I really hope MU makes it to a BCS game one of these years. It really is a great experience.

Lzen 11-29-2010 12:20 PM

For crying out loud! You guys are not this dense. The only reason Pants even brings up basketball is because he is comparing fanbases. Not trying to deflect that our football program is shit right now and the fan base reflects that.

|Zach| 11-29-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7209710)
lol.

I really hope MU makes it to a BCS game one of these years. It really is a great experience.

I have to give you credit it one respect.

You are consistent with your passive aggressiveness.

Pants 11-29-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7209707)
:hmmm:

Obviously you're not smart enough to understand what's going on here. Forget I said "basketball" and imagine I said "prgram x" and "program y". I hope that makes it a little easier.

Bambi 11-29-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7209675)

Yes, KU has a better BBall program. But given my choice, I'll take our athletic program over yours without thinking twice right now.

ROFL

DJ's left nut 11-29-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7209690)
That's not my point at all, and I'm sure you know this because you're far from stupid. My point is that you can't blame a fanbase for not filling up a stadium for a team that is a gimpy cellar-dweller with a rich tradition of being one. THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN no matter where you look. You CAN, however blame a fanbase for not showing up to support an up and coming, #11 ranked program.

So what about Pittsburgh? What about Baylor?

If it's not a school that prides itself on its basketball program (i.e. Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, etc...), the basketball team simply isn't going to draw exceptionally well during football season against sub-standard schools.

Now, I'll start to criticize in a few years if the fans haven't come back. As I said previously, you had to be in Columbia to understand the vitriole that Snyder brought onto this program. Even when he was gone, his kids were still out there getting in bar fights and other such nonsense. The basketball program's name was mud around here because of Snyder. Hell, then we had the garbage with the Paige Sports Arena and the attempts by Kroenke and Laurie to black-ball Norm Stewart.

The fans were somewhere well beyond pissed with the basketball program. Anderson's slowly bringing them back. The fans issues with this team went well beyond wins and losses. If Anderson gives us a couple more seasons with good kids and strong teams, the fans will forgive them.

But don't act like you can speak to the fans here without knowing the background. It was more than the records that created this and it will take more than records to get us back to the Stormin' Norman days. I believe they'll come around, but it takes time.

eazyb81 11-29-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7209700)

Actually your brethren have brought up basketball attendance quite a few times in here, bro.

Let's not lose sight of the point here though: ku has a hilariously awful football team and a pathetic fanbase.

Bowser 11-29-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7209710)
lol.

POST A PIC OF THE ORANGES!! DO IT!!!!

Bambi 11-29-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7209716)
I have to give you credit it one respect.

You are consistent with your passive aggressiveness.

What are you talking about?

I just burst out laughing when I read one of your fans say they wouldn't trade the athletic programs.

I have many MU friends. I want them to get to where KU has been in football. It was a lot of fun.

It's going to be a lot more difficult after this year dues to the realignment, imo.

|Zach| 11-29-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7209735)

:facepalm:

Bambi 11-29-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7209732)
POST A PIC OF THE ORANGES!! DO IT!!!!

Why would I do that?

I want a Sugar, Rose and Fiesta now.

eazyb81 11-29-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7209735)

I just burst out laughing when I read one of your fans say they wouldn't trade the athletic programs.

I have many MU friends. I want them to get to where KU has been in football. It was a lot of fun.

It's going to be a lot more difficult after this year dues to the realignment, imo.

:facepalm: