ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think its time for the Cassel doubters to eat their crow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238686)

Hammock Parties 12-19-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7273222)
Then your definition of a franchise QB extends to about half of the QBs in the NFL.

I think it's about 10-12 guys. Which just goes to show I don't have some unrealistic standard for Cassel.

RINGLEADER 12-19-2010 04:03 PM

I'll eat up -- he's shown me enough.

But I think he remains a work in progress. Put another way, though, if he was a QBOTF draft pick I'd be pleased at where he's at.

Now if we could only get him receivers who can catch the damn ball...

Lonewolf Ed 12-19-2010 04:03 PM

Cassel could have played a bit timidly after having surgery, but he didn't. He has guts, no doubt, and I am thinking his guts might be right up there with Deberg. He ran for a first down and should have had another. Maybe it's just me, but 11 days after an apendectomy, if I was playing, running the ball myself would probably be the last thing I wanted to do.

So hats off to Matt. Sus cajones son grandes, Cassel! :thumb:

The Bad Guy 12-19-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7273235)
The team responded today to plays Cassel made when before they were lackluster on offense and defense.

He made the difference. The pass to Bowe was huge as well as his running.

Afraid to get hit, LMAO at Claython.

Reading his posts anymore reminds me of someone so desperately trying to fit in. He's trying to fit into the pessimistic crowd so much but it's an utter and epic fail.

milkman 12-19-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7273248)
You misunderstand. When I said in my initial post that he's shown he can be a game manager, I was saying that he has proven he can be our QB.

What I don't know is if he can be anything more than a game manager. Because he hasn't been put into that situation yet.

Lenny Dawson was a game manager.

Troy Aikman was a game manager.

Terry Bradshaw was a game manager.

Bart Starr was the very epitome of game manager.

But they were also franchise QBs.

Ming the Merciless 12-19-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273249)
Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson gave their defenses chances to win the SB.

SO they are your definition of Franchise Qb? LOL....

Fail

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zuixe.jpg

dirk digler 12-19-2010 04:04 PM

Why are certain idiots complaining about his performance after coming off a major surgery anyway? They Chiefs were damn lucky he could suit up let alone play fairly decent.

RedThat 12-19-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7273224)
The same thing it will take for the entire team to convince me they've really turned around: meaningful games against good competition.

It's not his/their fault they've played the schedule that they have - they don't have any control over who lines up against them - but the fact remains that I have to see them do it against quality teams before I'm really convinced. I'm just not going to be sold before that point.

Maybe we'll see that in January. Maybe we'll see it in 2011. We're not going to see it in December. And that's not his fault or the team's fault, obviously.

Okay you got some good points. I will give you credit. And the Chiefs hardly played some good competition this year ala Indy, Jacksonville. Cassel didn't win us those games, but he didn't lose them either.

Time will tell. We may or may not get to see him perform in the playoffs? Hopefully this team makes it.

Quesadilla Joe 12-19-2010 04:06 PM

So is Chiefsplanet happy to have Cassel for the next 5 years now? Serious question.

|Zach| 12-19-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7273279)
So is Chiefsplanet happy to have Cassel for the next 5 years now? Serious question.

**** you. You are a quitter.

Just Passin' By 12-19-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273256)
I think it's about 10-12 guys. Which just goes to show I don't have some unrealistic standard for Cassel.

You're a ****ing idiot.

RedThat 12-19-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273236)
What? You're saying Cassel is never going to be at the level of Matt Ryan?

haha very funny. way to twist it claythan:LOL:

-King- 12-19-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7273188)
This is my response to this thread.

Yep, you can see the team get excited around him. I think he's a guy that teammates want to win with. He's really turned into a leader.

Ming the Merciless 12-19-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7273279)

I am...I mean if he stays injury free I think it will give us stability at the QB spot, and let us improve the rest of the team.....Could be worse things....

siberian khatru 12-19-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7273282)
**** you. You are a quitter.

ROFL:thumb: