ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Help me shop for a car! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238925)

pr_capone 12-24-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7285950)
Right on man. Just a suggestion based off the cars you listed b/c while Camry's are "boring" so are the rest of the cars you listed so I figured that's what you were in the market for.

You're good w/ those choices either. I will never own anything that doesnt' have a Japanese name to it. I'm gonna go for a Maxima soon but my Honda's almost paid off so I'm gonna sit back and enjoy not having a car payment for a while. It's a good feeling

The Focus SVT is far from boring. The BMW has the luxury bit going for it. The VW is borderline boring but I've always had a secret obsession with station wagons. lol

pr_capone 12-24-2010 12:44 PM

Just wanted to put this out there... wanted to say thanks for the input from the board. I expected more Yugos, Cavaliers, and Festiva's posted with a request for help like mine.

LaChapelle 12-24-2010 12:47 PM

Take a front wheel drive a spin in the snow

COchief 12-24-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7285923)
The 3KGTs though have all been massive disappointments.

Looking at a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT. Any notions on those?

*edit for pic

http://images.craigslist.org/3nd3k33...fcff701d60.jpg

Don't know why you would want to get away from Honda, I have been through a lot of cars over the years and have an S2000 in the garage at the moment. Just sold an RSX Type S, IMO nothing for the $$ can match the feel and precision of a Honda.

3KGTs are interesting, but bloated slow pieces of shit. You could probably only afford a SL (ow) or a beat to shit VR-4 which would be a reliability nightmare. I would say avoid at all costs.

That gen of Eclipse is also regarded as a slow, bloated, pontiac feel type of car, nothing like the two previous generations. Also mainly woman owned.

I would go prelude, intergra, or celica in that range. My only rule is absolutely zero mods, even down to the factory stereo, but I'm extremely picky. I don't think you can beat it, or if you don't mind RWD a nice clean low mileage 300zx non-turbo would be a great car.

This looks like decent deal if its not riced:
http://badcreditautosales.v12soft.co...-Honda-Prelude

I did a search on cars.com for manual for a few of the models, Jesus people are lazy these days, I feel like I'm one of the few people that like to row their own anymore.

After more searching, wow there is a shit ton of ricer douchebags in Wichita, and even gayer is they are all autos, at least the ricers in CO will pretty much only drive manual. I would plan on driving to a big city to get something if I were you, everything I found sucked balls with the exception of the prelude, but it looks like that dealer has had that for months so I would imagine there is an issue, but hey it would just be that no one can drive a stick. You live in car hell brother, I feel for you.

pr_capone 12-24-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 7286027)
I did a search on cars.com for manual for a few of the models, Jesus people are lazy these days, I feel like I'm one of the few people that like to row their own anymore.

Almost everything I find is automatic. Followed the link... I had seen that one before but did not see where the price was listed. Saw the $900 down, but no final price.

Bwana 12-24-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7285960)
The Focus SVT is far from boring. The BMW has the luxury bit going for it. The VW is borderline boring but I've always had a secret obsession with station wagons. lol

You AND Clark W. Griswold. :eek:

http://stationwagonforums.com/forums.../Bitmap_12.jpg

pr_capone 12-24-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 7286027)
Don't know why you would want to get away from Honda, I have been through a lot of cars over the years and have an S2000 in the garage at the moment. Just sold an RSX Type S, IMO nothing for the $$ can match the feel and precision of a Honda.

Its a been there done that thing. Just want to experience something different.

COchief 12-24-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7286048)
Almost everything I find is automatic. Followed the link... I had seen that one before but did not see where the price was listed. Saw the $900 down, but no final price.

You got pretty slim pickins if you want manual, I would get on the horn. How long he's had that listed would scare me a bit. Book should be close to your range.

After a quick romp through CL and cars.com, I would strongly suggest putting that $6k in your pocket and heading to Denver/Chicago and finding what you want. Everything I found in your area was ridiculously shitty.

pr_capone 12-24-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 7286061)
You got pretty slim pickins if you want manual, I would get on the horn. How long he's had that listed would scare me a bit. Book should be close to your range.

After a quick romp through CL and cars.com, I would strongly suggest putting that $6k in your pocket and heading to Denver/Chicago and finding what you want. Everything I found in your area was ridiculously shitty.

LMFAO

That has been my problem as well.

Extra Point 12-24-2010 01:47 PM

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/2122930584.html

pr_capone 12-24-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point (Post 7286089)

Oh hell no. I refuse to drive another Chevy until they stop making shitty cars.

Thanks for looking tho!

Bearcat 12-24-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7286094)
Oh hell no. I refuse to drive another Chevy until they stop making shitty cars.

Thanks for looking tho!

So, the Ford Focus....

johnny961 12-24-2010 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=Delaney37;7285959]
Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 7285858)
Lol at the guy suggesting a Chevy Monza.

LOL..can't hurt to throw it out there. I saw it and it reminded me of the 1975 2+2 I had in high school. It had the 262 V-8 in it. My dad and I had a lot of fun turning it into a drag car. Mini-tub kit on it running 10" slicks on a narrowed 12 bolt rearend with ladder bar suspension with a healthy tunnel rammed 383. Thing would run 10.60's all day long. Traded it for the 1973 Type LT Camaro I have now.

Right on! My first ride was one of these. But mine wasn't equipped with the V8 to begin with. That got added later. If I ran across the right deal on one of these with a decent body I wouldn't mind doing another one and swapping in another V8 at some point. Problem is finding an unmodified original that isn't rusted out or been badly wrecked for a decent price.

bobbything 12-24-2010 01:58 PM

If you're concerned at all about reliability and cost of maintenance, I don't know why you'd consider trading in the Honda for an older model BMW.

The Jetta is probably going to give you problems at some point. When that happens, it's expensive to fix. Especially if they are electrical problems; which are very common in VW's.

I don't know anything about the Focus. My sister had one for a few years. I just asked her about it. She said it was pretty meh.

Really, I'd take a Honda with more miles vs. any of the above with fewer miles.

JTagg7754 12-24-2010 02:00 PM

All American cars are shitty.