ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Have you ever been scammed? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241222)

Saulbadguy 02-04-2011 06:04 PM

$10 by a meth head.

Bugeater 02-04-2011 06:05 PM

Never been straight-up 'scammed', although in my younger years I had a few instances where I sold someone something, and stupidly accepted part of the money with the promise that the rest would be paid at a later time, and of course I never saw the rest of the money.

As far as the magazine subscription thing, that's been going on for decades, I'm surprised people still fall for it. We had one come to the door quite a few years ago, and I was working in the garage while the scam artist lady gave my wife the spiel at the door. I quietly listened as I did my work, and after the scam artist was finished with her presentation my wife asked what I thought of the deal. I responded by saying "You wanna know what I think? I think it's a goddamn scam, and I think this lady needs to get the hell out of here". They were both speechless, and the scam artist lady said "ok" and slithered off. I haven't had one show up at my door since.

Over-Head 02-04-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7406772)
Oh, yeah. I had the Ianni Group, a Denver marketing firm run by incredibly unattractive people, stiff me on a bill. They lied to us for a year or more and then sent us a photocopied form letter saying that they had chosen not to pay any of their vendors because they'd had a bad year or something like that. I really think that should be criminal theft since they'd already been paid for our work by the end client.

Yeah really Kev, you do teh job, their always happy, right till they start ignoring your request for payment.
Buddy of mine ownes a sign shop, long and short is a former client who owes him 10K called to ask if they would come "shorten up a sign" as the city historical law enforcement board deemed it a foot too high and were giving him a choice of fix it, or they would for $5k, a bloody year after dude stiffed him.

Bugeater 02-04-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 7406757)
Get burnt for $17500.00 by a general contractor after ya spend 59 hours on a coustom ceiling and tape/paint his million dollar new home then come talk to me

Yes i'm talking about YOU Mr & Mrs . Dave& Nicole Whittle owners of Koracon Homes, Paridise Newfoundland
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=1...39.82,,0,-9.15

You get $17,500 for 59 hours worth of work? That's $296/hr.

Bugeater 02-04-2011 06:10 PM

Oh wait, those are probably metric dollars.

Over-Head 02-04-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7406791)
I would spend money plastering their thieving asses all over that island if it were me. I'd post copies of the contract in the local newspapers as well as copies of checks (sorry Canuck, cheques) and basically label them as deadbeats. That's a small community. It would probably humiliate them.

Not one bit....(happened in teh city by the way) but 99% of em here are the same which is why I've only ever done 2 homes on teh Island I live on :p
Guy I havent even spoken too in over a year, shows up on my door step last week looking for ANOTHER freebie.

Over-Head 02-04-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7406884)
You get $17,500 for 59 hours worth of work? That's $296/hr.

no that was for all 3, tape/paint/Custom ceiling
Although if ya want plaster crown were talking $150 per hour and up

Over-Head 02-04-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7406887)
Oh wait, those are probably metric dollars.

Spoken like a true uneducated hick Yankie.
Ya want to star pissing on my countries currancy Nancy boy,,,at least make ****en sure were MORE than a penny off par
Or at the very least YOURS is worth more than our "metric bucks" :p.
Your prescious Green back is only worth .99 at close of buisness today sir :eek:

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/rates/converter.html
On 04 Feb 2011, 1.00 U.S. dollar(s) = 0.99 Canadian dollar(s), at an exchange rate of 0.9901 (using nominal rate.)

Bugeater 02-04-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 7406904)
Spoken like a true uneducated hick Yankie.
Ya want to star pissing on my countries currancy Nancy boy,,,at least make ****en sure were MORE than a penny off par
Or at the very least YOURS is worth more than our "metric bucks" :p.
Your Green back is only worth .99 at close of buisness today :eek:

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/rates/converter.html
On 04 Feb 2011, 1.00 U.S. dollar(s) = 0.99 Canadian dollar(s), at an exchange rate of 0.9901 (using nominal rate.)

How many cms is that?

Over-Head 02-04-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7406908)
How many cms is that?

If you lived in any other but the 1 industeralized nation left on earth who does not use metric you'd know that answer.:rolleyes:

Bugeater 02-04-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 7406912)
If you lived in any other but the 1 industeralized nation left on earth who does not use metric you'd know that answer.:rolleyes:

So what are the dimensions of a sheet of drywall up there anyway? Do you guys build using the metric system?

KurtCobain 02-04-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7406925)
So what are the dimensions of a sheet of drywall up there anyway? Do you guys build using the metric system?

Maple syrup is their glue.

Over-Head 02-04-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7406931)
Maple syrup is their glue.

And you bunch are stunned enough to buy it :thumb:

Over-Head 02-04-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7406925)

You should really move up here, I mean with metric measurment, you might actually have something between your leggs worth talking about

patteeu 02-04-2011 06:43 PM

Don't feel too bad, millions of Americans were scammed back in November of 2008 despite numerous warning signs.