ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****Official 2011 ChiefsPlanet Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242250)

Titty Meat 03-03-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7465778)
See, you were doing good until you actually started making an argument:

Nonsequitor.

He's at LEAST a Top 6 All Time CB prospect.

Which is something you cannot say for any other prospect in this draft at their position.

Nonsequitor.

Amukamara, by the way, kicks ass. He's a really good corner.

But Peterson is far and away the better prospect.

Going forward, I'd stick to the personal attacks more than I would substantive argument, billay.

Uhh dude Pot + Kettle = Black. Peterson went from being a Top 3 all time prospect to a top 6 in a matter of hours huh?

So you're trying to say the cornerback position has more value than an offensive playmaker? Really?

Direckshun 03-03-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 7465783)
Denver isn't going to draft Peterson.

Agreed.

They should, though.

Quote:

I would draft Peterson over Amukamara but it's pretty close and it's not far fetched to say Amukamra could even end up being better than Peterson considering he has only played the position for a few years.

That's not a knock on Peterson. Amukamara is a hell of a player.

Quote:

The debate is silly anyway you're going to draft a CB #1 make him one of the highest paid players in the league with no pass rush?

No, I wouldn't. But I'd do that sooner than I would draft a receiver #1 who doesn't have elite size or speed.

Quote:

They already drafted Clausen,

So.

Quote:

signed Shockey,

So.

Quote:

and have a great running game.

They had one of the worst run games last year. Jon Stewart was in Fox's doghouse all year and Williams can't stay healthy.

Quote:

Maybe they keep Smith around 1 more year and add Green that's building a great offense.

At the expense of adding a much better prospect to bolster their pathetic defense.

Direckshun 03-03-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 7465788)
Peterson went from being a Top 3 all time prospect to a top 6 in a matter of hours huh?

No, he's definitely top three.

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 7465788)
So you're trying to say the cornerback position has more value than an offensive playmaker? Really?

Depends on the systems you run. If you run a bump-and-run man coverage scheme, but run more of an offense akin to Vermiel's Chiefs, I'd say a lockdown corner would be more prominent than a receiver.

But it's apples and oranges anyway.

You are picking someone who has the best shot at helping you out the most. Peterson, an elite prospect, has that in spades. You cannot carry the same guarantee with Green, because he lacks elite speed and size.

But I'd still pick Dareus over both of them if I'm Carolina.

Titty Meat 03-03-2011 11:14 PM

You keep saying green doesn't have size or speed but neither is true you are watching too much combine which is useless. The way the rules are setup CB's are at a disadvantage a playing making WR > Cornerback. Period.

Direckshun 03-03-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 7465802)
You keep saying green doesn't have size or speed but neither is true you are watching too much combine which is useless. The way the rules are setup CB's are at a disadvantage a playing making WR > Cornerback. Period.

I'll ask this and be done with it.

You're building a team from scratch.

If given the choice between Greg Jennings and Darrelle Revis, who would you pick.

Titty Meat 03-03-2011 11:21 PM

BTW Green played LSU twice. One game he had 3 catches for 89 yards and a touchdown the next year he had 5 catches 99 yards and a touchdown. It'd be interesting to see who was covering him I'd be willing to take a guess.

Titty Meat 03-03-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7465807)
I'll ask this and be done with it.

You're building a team from scratch.

If given the choice between Greg Jennings and Darrelle Revis, who would you pick.

This is a loaded question. Peterson isn't Revis and Green isn't Jennings.

Direckshun 03-03-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 7465811)
This is a loaded question. Peterson isn't Revis and Green isn't Jennings.

Just asking.

You said you'd take a playmaker WR over a cornerback every time.

Got the answer I wanted, though.

Have at.

KurtCobain 03-04-2011 12:13 AM

Pest can I borrow you for the other mock? Hootie bitched out and you're first on my list.

The Franchise 03-04-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7465871)
Pest can I borrow you for the other mock? Hootie bitched out and you're first on my list.

Yep.....PM me with a reminder of the teams.

ChiefsCountry 03-04-2011 12:41 AM

So if Mecca doesn't show, here is my idea for replacing his picks. Since his teams rotate in draft spot - whoever picks in front of him would just pick twice in a row. I think it would be easier than trying to decide who gets the other teams. What do you guys think?

Mecca 03-04-2011 01:26 AM

Wow Green with the first pick eh?

In that case with I'll go with.....Clemson DE DaQuan Bowers

With the resigning of Bailey and Robert Quinn not playing for a year I think this is the best pick for this team..

Would have gone QB but given Fox's past track record and him being a defensive guy I figuure he goes Bowers and thinks he can win with a game manager like Orton.

DaKCMan AP 03-04-2011 06:07 AM

I'll chime in on the Peterson discussion. I've posted this before in another thread.

Peterson is a very good CB. Great size, athleticism, and a physical player. However, he's overrated IMO. He's not the caliber of a Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, or Darrelle Revis but is better coming out of college than Terrance Newman, Quentin Jammer, and Malcom Jenkins.

I'd rather have Joe Haden who I think is a better cover corner than Peterson, just shorter (and slower in 40 time). Haden had an outstanding rookie season for the Browns.

DeezNutz 03-04-2011 06:19 AM

Fitzpatrick is not the long-term answer in Buffalo. Many mocks are trending toward Newton coming off the board here, and there's also a lot of speculation that Von Miller could be the pick. Neither should be the selection.

The Bills went to a 3-4 last season, and unlike a team we know, they selected a NT (Troup), so this isn't as pressing a need as some suggest. QB is, however, and thus they select the best prospect at this position in the draft.

Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri.

Chiefnj2 03-04-2011 08:10 AM

Can the Bengals trade their 4th pick for a real head coach?