ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Adrian Peterson: NFL is like "modern-day slavery" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242771)

notorious 03-16-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7495338)
I kind of see where he's coming from. Slaves came over on ships, wore chains, and lived on plantations.

NFL players sail on yachts, wear diamond chains, and own mansions. There are a lot of parallels.

Also, neither ever learned to read nor write.

ROFL

milkman 03-16-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 7493417)
Well, apparently being a highly talented and gifted athlete does not preclude one from being a complete ****ing idiot. What an insult. I can't believe there are not a large group of intelligent black people who are wishing he would just shut the hell up.

It's amazing. Politicians being out of touch makes sense to me. They were mostly born with a silver spoon in their mouths. But I'd think most NFL players had to work pretty hard to get where they are. It's amazing that they could be so out of touch as to make a ludicrous statement like that.

Gifted athletes are pampered from the moment they begin to show they have talent.

They are every bit as out of touch with reality as those born with silver spoons.

milkman 03-16-2011 10:06 PM

Too bad no one ever taught these guys about indentured servitude.

It wouldn't be quite so controversial as an analogy.

Oh....wait, I bet it was part one of the history tests that their "tudors" took for them.

Bwana 03-16-2011 10:35 PM

Slavery, really? Well gee Adrian, if it's sooooooo bad, cut the chain, tell the "master" to go **** himself and go get yourself a sweet gig over at Taco bell, dumb ass.

stevieray 03-16-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingRod (Post 7493868)
Hey Morphius,
Been a long time.

I understand your point and while we certainly did not invent it, it does Lay a big Fat I’m a hypocrite sign at the doorstep of our founding fathers. Hey, we’re slave owners that want to be free!
Having said that, it is history and no one living had anything to do with it. Paying for the sins of the father just isn’t realistic. Enough time has passed that most “white” people and Most “black” people probably have someone in their family tree involved directly in the ownership of slaves or in their procurement. That makes blaming those alive now a bit complicated. Kinda like the joke of the guy half English and Half Scottish wanting to kick his own ass every time he watches Brave heart.

not quite... and I disagree that everyone has it in their family tree.

the founding fathers declared all men equal. the rights of life, liberty and property ownership came from God. certian FF and others bought slaves to set them free.

Black and white fought side by side during the revolution. one of the main reasons the southern states resisted as long as they did was because the politics of the time tried to mirror england's lead of totally demonizing the slave owners. not all blacks were slaves in the north. Carpetbaggers that came to the south after the Civil War included blacks. Blacks have held high postions of authority, power and education all during the late 1700 and 1800's. Frederick Douglass and Abe Lincoln were close friends. There is so much history that isn't taught, and it really has been a disservice to all of our country.

what amazes me is how the Arab slave trade murdered 20 million Africans, but it rarely gets mentioned.

the saddest part is slavery still even exists.

JOhn 03-16-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 7495609)
Slavery, really? Well gee Adrian, if it's sooooooo bad, cut the chain, tell the "master" to go **** himself and go get yourself a sweet gig over at Taco bell, dumb ass.

:thumb:

BIG_DADDY 03-16-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 7495632)

the founding fathers declared all men equal. the rights of life, liberty and property ownership came from God. certian FF and others bought slaves to set them free.

Black and white fought side by side during the revolution. one of the main reasons the southern states resisted as long as they did was because the politics of the time tried to mirror england's lead of totally demonizing the slave owners. not all blacks were slaves in the north. Carpetbaggers that came to the south after the Civil War included blacks. Blacks have held high postions of authority, power and education all during the late 1700 and 1800's. Frederick Douglass and Abe Lincoln were close friends. There is so much history that isn't taught, and it really has been a disservice to all of our country.

what amazes me is how the Arab slave trade murdered 20 million Africans, but it rarely gets mentioned.

It's because them damn cracka christians are the devil.

buddha 03-17-2011 12:16 AM

That one's going to leave a big mark, AD. I used to think your nickname meant "All Day"...apparently it's really, "Absolutely Delusional".

What a dumbass.

dtebbe 03-17-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7495338)
I kind of see where he's coming from. Slaves came over on ships, wore chains, and lived on plantations.

NFL players sail on yachts, wear diamond chains, and own mansions. There are a lot of parallels.

Also, neither ever learned to read nor write.

Ouchy! :LOL:

DT

Jenson71 03-17-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 7495632)

Of the many arguable elements of this point, I only want to point out that Douglass and Lincoln were not close friends.

There's a lot of misinformation out there.

Fish 03-17-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 7495191)
If it wasn't for slavery, these guys would still be back in a hut in Africa.

Damn... that's incredibly ignorant.... I'm pretty sure slavery isn't the only means of social advancement for an entire race of people...

InChiefsHeaven 03-17-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 7496208)
Damn... that's incredibly ignorant.... I'm pretty sure slavery isn't the only means of social advancement for an entire race of people...

Not that I agree with the argument, but can you point to a "developed" and modern society in Africa?

Fish 03-17-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 7496241)
Not that I agree with the argument, but can you point to a "developed" and modern society in Africa?

Well... just for an example... look at Angola.

They overcame a long civil war, and since have become one of the fastest growing economies in the world, with an average GDP growth of 20 percent between 2005 and 2007. During 2001-2010 Angola has the world's biggest Annual average GDP growth with 11.1 percent. They still have problems for sure, but you can't say they aren't developed and modern.

I don't understand why so many people think it's still nothing but mud huts and exposed breasts in Africa.

WV 03-17-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 7496328)
exposed breasts in Africa.

Whoa wait.....pics!

Chief Faithful 03-17-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 7496170)
Of the many arguable elements of this point, I only want to point out that Douglass and Lincoln were not close friends.

There's a lot of misinformation out there.

Do you have any evidence that Douglass and Lincoln were not friends? For not being friends Douglass sure had a lot of access to the President.