ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Football's Future If the Players Win by Roger Goodell (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244358)

chiefsnorth 04-26-2011 10:15 AM

I don't think he's that far off in generally saying "You don't want a baseball-like situation".

But on behalf of everyone I say, screw you all, wake us when this is over.

vailpass 04-26-2011 10:20 AM

"screw dem owners, make em open their books11!!" Kneejerk reeruns.

It is amazing how so many of you can understand so little. You will be the same people who bitch and moan when the NFL becomes MLB and your football team has as little chance of winning anything as your baseball team does now.

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3 (Post 7592001)
Didn't that stop mattering when there ceased to be a player's union?

Why would this matter?

chiefsnorth 04-26-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7592024)

It is amazing how so many of you can understand so little. You will be the same people who bitch and moan when the NFL becomes MLB and your football team has as little chance of winning anything as your baseball team does now.

Zactly

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Seriously? If this were a STRIKE I would agree. Its not. The players were content with what they had and were willing to adopt a rookie wage scale.

The Owners claim they arent making enough. BS. Prove it.

-King- 04-26-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

How does opening books make football into MLB? If the owners didn't want to be exposed as frauds, then they shouldn't have started this in the first place.

patteeu 04-26-2011 10:29 AM

I don't understand all the owner resentment in this thread.

patteeu 04-26-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7592056)
How does opening books make football into MLB? If the owners didn't want to be exposed as frauds, then they shouldn't have started this in the first place.

Why should the owners open their books?

vailpass 04-26-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7592056)

The fact you think a business owner is required to open his books to his employees shows how far off base you are.

-King- 04-26-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7592061)
Why should the owners open their books?

To prove that they need the 600MM they're demanding.

RockChalk 04-26-2011 10:32 AM

Yawn.

Someone wake me up when all of these multi-millionaire whiny bitches end their little tiff.

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7592058)
I don't understand all the owner resentment in this thread.

I dont resent the Owners. But when you're a billionaire and you're crying about not making enough, then I have little sympathy for you.

-King- 04-26-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 7592067)
Yawn.

Someone wake me up when all of these multi-millionaire whiny bitches end their little tiff.

How many multi millionaires are there in the NFL?

How about when the billionaires end their little tiff?

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 7592067)
Yawn.

The multi-millionaires are the players and were happy with the status quo. The billionaire owners were the ones crying.

patteeu 04-26-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7592065)
To prove that they need the 600MM they're demanding.

Why should they have to prove it? They certainly have the option to do it, but I don't see why anyone should expect them to do it when they have other cards to play.

Should every player open up his finances to his team when he's negotiating for a contract extension or a FA contract?