ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports You get to change one game in sports history (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244446)

Hammock Parties 04-27-2011 08:17 PM

If Marty goes with Gannon nothing is certain. Gannon passed for all of 100 yards against the Broncos earlier that year. He was fortunate Tamarick Vanover and turnovers and heroics by Pete Stoyanovich saved his bacon.

Brianfo 04-27-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 7597128)
Gannon in his prime opened rushing lanes because he was very accurate on the run and in the short-to-intermediate passing game. He was also a quick thinker and pretty savvy. If it weren't for Gannon the Chiefs never would have gotten to that game.

Have to agree with the Donk fan. We were the best team in the NFL that year and they had to come into our house. With Gannon under center we win the Super Bowl. No doubt about it.

Brianfo 04-27-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7597210)
If Marty goes with Gannon nothing is certain. Gannon passed for all of 100 yards against the Broncos earlier that year. He was fortunate Tamarick Vanover and turnovers and heroics by Pete Stoyanovich saved his bacon.

Are you serious about this argument. Elvis @#*&ing Grbac??????? We won with defense and Grbac was a turnover machine. End of discussion.

Hammock Parties 04-27-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 7597220)
Are you serious about this argument. Elvis @#*&ing Grbac??????? We won with defense and Grbac was a turnover machine. End of discussion.

Grbac was not a turnover machine in 1997. He threw for 260 yards in that playoff game. Gannon had only two games over 200 yards all year.

Maybe Gannon would have won that game at the end, but maybe he wouldn't have put the Chiefs in a position to win it in the first place. The guy completed 56 percent of his passes that year, he was not Joe Montana.

Hammock Parties 04-27-2011 08:27 PM

There is a reason Carl let Gannon go. He was NOTHING SPECIAL whatsoever in Kansas City. Grbac had a contract, an arm and was five years younger. It blew up in Carl's face but it was the logical decision.

boogblaster 04-27-2011 08:33 PM

SB 1

DTLB58 04-27-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7596898)
Any Chiefs fan under the age of 40 says anything other than the 1993 AFC Championship game, and I question their fandom.

Granted, Dallas probably rapes us in the Super Bowl, but I'd make that change in a heartbeat.

I'm 47 and still this is the first game that came to my mind. :thumb:

Spott 04-27-2011 08:45 PM

I'd change that 2006 game in the final week of the season when SF beats Denver. That way Denver gets in and I'm not forced to watch us go 3 quarters without a first down against the Colts. Watching Denver lose that game would have been much more enjoyable.

Gadzooks 04-27-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7596883)
Super Bowl 29. No explanation needed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Steve Young is a coward pussy!!!
We both know they cheated.
All other fans in the NFL totally forget there was a thing called a salary cap at the time... They also forget that the Whiners were busted but only lost a 3rd round pick for the infraction. (Not a bad price to pay for a SB ring)
That whole SB was pure B.S.
It was basically the NFC Pro Bowl team verses a team that trulely clawed their way to the top (without cheating the cap).

I can't blame the NFL for sweeping it under the carpet. It sullied the integrity of the league but it still burns my ass when I see Steve Young saying "get the monkey off my back" every other week on the NFL network. **** him and all the rest of those cheaters!!!

ChiefsCountry 04-27-2011 08:53 PM

First game of the 2008 season would be a good one change as well. Pollard doesn't **** up Brady's knee we don't have the piece of shit Cassel as our QB.

Dartgod 04-27-2011 08:53 PM

Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

Gadzooks 04-27-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7597316)
First game of the 2008 season would be a good one change as well. Pollard doesn't **** up Brady's knee we don't have the piece of shit Cassel as our QB.

LMAO

CoMoChief 04-27-2011 08:57 PM

"Mario Chalmers 3pt shot at the end of reg in the 2008 Nat'l Title Game"

Sincerely,
MU fans.

KurtCobain 04-27-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zooks (Post 7597305)
Steve Young is a coward pussy!!!
We both know they cheated.
All other fans in the NFL totally forget there was a thing called a salary cap at the time... They also forget that the Whiners were busted but only lost a 3rd round pick for the infraction. (Not a bad price to pay for a SB ring)
That whole SB was pure B.S.
It was basically the NFC Pro Bowl team verses a team that trulely clawed their way to the top (without cheating the cap).

I can't blame the NFL for sweeping it under the carpet. It sullied the integrity of the league but it still burns my ass when I see Steve Young saying "get the monkey off my back" every other week on the NFL network. **** him and all the rest of those cheaters!!!

ROFL

Rams Fan 04-27-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7597334)
"Mario Chalmers 3pt shot at the end of reg in the 2008 Nat'l Title Game"

Sincerely,
MU fans.

Nope.