ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc 75mph signs start going up in KS (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246656)

OnTheWarpath15 07-01-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7724983)
Because you actually have to know how to drive to get a license in Europe. Getting a driver's license in the US is a complete ****ing joke.

At least I'm starting to see some signs telling people to stay the **** out of left lanes unless passing.

This.

Also, aren't DL's pretty expensive over there?

Pants 07-01-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7725042)
This.

Also, aren't DL's pretty expensive over there?

Well, last I heard, you would end up spending like $2000 after all was said and done.

OnTheWarpath15 07-01-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7725051)
Well, last I heard, you would end up spending like $2000 after all was said and done.

Yeah, I had heard something close to that number about Germany.

Frazod 07-01-2011 10:56 AM

When I was in the Navy I had an international driver's license that allowed me to drive in Spain, France and Italy. The only requirement was my valid state driver's license.

Granted, that was a long time ago.

Pants 07-01-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7725097)
When I was in the Navy I had an international driver's license that allowed me to drive in Spain, France and Italy. The only requirement was my valid state driver's license.

Granted, that was a long time ago.

I think that still applies to Americans. However, if you were to get your international DL in Europe, I would imagine it would be just as hard as getting a national one there. Of course with the whole EU, they might not even have national ones. In either case, I'm sure it's still a huge pain the ass which, in turn, makes their roads safer.

4th and Long 07-01-2011 12:35 PM

There are 89 laws that go into effect in Kansas on Friday, July 1, 2011.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/124728499.html

One of note, the new DUI law. Don't drink and drive in KS unless you like blowing into the little alcohol detector thingy they will install on your car.

Tougher Kansas DUI law goes into effect

7/1/2011
By the Salina Journal

A new and tougher drunken driving law goes into effect today in Kansas that will require first-time offenders to use devices on their vehicles to prevent them from driving while intoxicated.

According to a news release from the Kansas Department Transportation, the law passed by the 2011 Legislature requires motorists convicted of driving under the influence to use interlock devices on their vehicles, creates a system to track repeat offenders and strengthens most penalties.

Some highlights of the new law:

n Failure of a breath test with a result between 0.08 and 0.15, on the first occurrence, will bring a 30-day suspension followed by six months of ignition-interlock device if your record is clear and 12 months of interlock if you have a prior open container violation or three or more moving violations.

n Failure of a breath test with a result over 0.15 the first time, or over 0.08 on a second or subsequent occurrence will bring a one-year suspension followed by ignition interlock (length of interlock is dependent on priors).

n Refusal of a breath, blood or urine test brings a one-year suspension, followed by ignition-interlock requirement (length of interlock is dependent on priors), regardless of how many previous Kansas DUIs a person has.

The new law also creates a central repository that will give law enforcement, prosecutors and judges access to drivers' records, making it easier to track repeat offenders.

Frazod 07-01-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7725113)
I think that still applies to Americans. However, if you were to get your international DL in Europe, I would imagine it would be just as hard as getting a national one there. Of course with the whole EU, they might not even have national ones. In either case, I'm sure it's still a huge pain the ass which, in turn, makes their roads safer.

God knows the requirements should be tougher to get a license.

Inspector 07-01-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 7724725)
The speed limit needs to be 88.

I don't know....seems like you'd be risking time travel.

007 07-01-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Only if you drive a Delorian.

007 07-01-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 7725279)
There are 89 laws that go into effect in Kansas on Friday, July 1, 2011.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/124728499.html

One of note, the new DUI law. Don't drink and drive in KS unless you like blowing into the little alcohol detector thingy they will install on your car.

Tougher Kansas DUI law goes into effect

7/1/2011
By the Salina Journal

A new and tougher drunken driving law goes into effect today in Kansas that will require first-time offenders to use devices on their vehicles to prevent them from driving while intoxicated.

According to a news release from the Kansas Department Transportation, the law passed by the 2011 Legislature requires motorists convicted of driving under the influence to use interlock devices on their vehicles, creates a system to track repeat offenders and strengthens most penalties.

Some highlights of the new law:

n Failure of a breath test with a result between 0.08 and 0.15, on the first occurrence, will bring a 30-day suspension followed by six months of ignition-interlock device if your record is clear and 12 months of interlock if you have a prior open container violation or three or more moving violations.

n Failure of a breath test with a result over 0.15 the first time, or over 0.08 on a second or subsequent occurrence will bring a one-year suspension followed by ignition interlock (length of interlock is dependent on priors).

n Refusal of a breath, blood or urine test brings a one-year suspension, followed by ignition-interlock requirement (length of interlock is dependent on priors), regardless of how many previous Kansas DUIs a person has.

The new law also creates a central repository that will give law enforcement, prosecutors and judges access to drivers' records, making it easier to track repeat offenders.

Like that will stop people from having their "friends" that haven't been drinking blow into it for them.

ZootedGranny 07-01-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

The problem with that is where we're going, we don't need roads.

Lzen 07-06-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7725698)
Like that will stop people from having their "friends" that haven't been drinking blow into it for them.

You're assuming people like that have friends that won't be drinking.

Saulbadguy 07-06-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 7732361)
You're assuming people like that have friends that won't be drinking.

It will be used as a device to see who is the drunkest. :thumb:

frankotank 07-06-2011 01:31 PM

to every action there is a reaction. now I know why the speed limit in Lee's Summit went DOWN to 60. **** you kansas!

MOhillbilly 07-06-2011 01:34 PM

why would anyone wanna drive 75 mph? Looney Fn beakers.