ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Missouri town calls on KU to drop Jayhawks mascot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250246)

luv 09-19-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 7924915)
so where's your dog in this hunt? that's the whole point of this thread, yeah? forget the rednecks, forget the kluxxers, forget the sports-smaque. this is about the history behind the incident/border war.

When do threads ever stay on track. :p

And it's this reason I hate movies like Winter's Bone.

RNR 09-19-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 7924915)
so where's your dog in this hunt? that's the whole point of this thread, yeah? forget the rednecks, forget the kluxxers, forget the sports-smaque. this is about the history behind the incident/border war.

I was born and raised in Kansas and there is damn sure two sides to that story. For them to play victim and slam Jayhawkers is silly. They would have a better case if the school went by red legs, and they would still be full of shit~

Donger 09-19-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 7924878)
I am not pro KU and I have never met a klan member in Kansas that I am aware of. I am sure they are there, but those I met in the south end of your state were damn right proud of it. Confederate flag flying sheet wearing assholes. It was even worse in north Arkansas~

Well, confederate flags are somewhat rare in Kansas.

luv 09-19-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 7924931)
I was born and raised in Kansas and there is damn sure two sides to that story. For them to play victim and slam Jayhawkers is silly. They would have a better case if the school went by red legs, and they would still be full of shit~

I don't think anyone ever said there wasn't two sides. Even the article itself mentions the attack on Lawrence. I just posted it because I thought it was interesting. I knew of Missouri's attack on Kansas, but I'd never heard of this one. Lawrence is thriving, while Osceola is...well....not. I think whoever said this was done more to raise the awareness and less to actually have anything done about it has the right idea.

RNR 09-19-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7924937)
Well, confederate flags are somewhat rare in Kansas.

You see them, and I always wonder why they do sport them as it makes them appear as a racist idiot~

HemiEd 09-19-2011 03:06 PM

I need some help here, as I am not that familiar with the OSCEOLA, Mo. residents. Most of the people I have met in Missouri are pretty bright and reasonable.

Do they really think there is a chance in hell of KU abandoning the Jayhawk?

Really?

|Zach| 09-19-2011 03:08 PM

http://i.imgur.com/UHALo.gif

Donger 09-19-2011 03:09 PM

The Osceola resolution asks Missourians to stop spelling Kansas or KU with a capital letter, since "neither is a proper name or a proper place." In the resolution, both words are lowercase throughout.

:spock:

|Zach| 09-19-2011 03:10 PM

The only thing I know about Osceola was to slow the hell down when I was passing it going to and from college because there were always cops and radar on highways. Oh, and the cheese store.

007 09-19-2011 03:11 PM

Yes, and the chiefs and Redskins should change their name because it offends the natives.

Frazod 09-19-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 7924931)

You say "red legs" and "Jayhawkers" like there's a difference between them.

Murderous thieves using the abolitionist movement as cover. The. End.

Bwana 09-19-2011 03:13 PM

Nuke them.........pussys.

luv 09-19-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7924974)
The only thing I know about Osceola was to slow the hell down when I was passing it going to and from college because there were always cops and radar on highways. Oh, and the cheese store.

I was getting ready to say nearly exactly the same thing. It's a town I drive through (slowing down to the speed limit) on my way to and from KC. I've stopped there for gas before, but I've never even had their cheese.

|Zach| 09-19-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7924987)
I was getting ready to say nearly exactly the same thing. It's a town I drive through (slowing down to the speed limit) on my way to and from KC. I've stopped there for gas before, but I've never even had their cheese.

Me either. I just associate that with the BILLION road signs. LMAO

RNR 09-19-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7924983)
You say "red legs" and "Jayhawkers" like there's a difference between them.

Murderous thieves using the abolitionist movement as cover. The. End.

LMAO in the world known as frazod~