ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   QBs other than Luck (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250419)

suds79 10-24-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8037066)
I still think the Colts would have to consider trading it.

I just can't see this. Peyton Manning is nearing the end of his career and he's out this year with a neck injury.

Soot I'm not sure they're not taking specifically to get Luck.

I think there's a 0% chance they deal Luck should the Colts get #1. Zero.

They'd sit Luck for a year or move Peyton. Hey if Joe Montana can end up somewhere else at the end of his career, anybody can.

aturnis 10-25-2011 01:49 AM

Sorry Nightfyre, you're delusional. There's no guarantee that Manning won't take a hit on that neck of his and be done for good next year. No guarantee how long he's got left. The Colts will NOT pass up an opportunity for greatness for another decade and a half. They more than any other franchise understand the importance of the QB under center. Without Peyton, they are nothing. They will not mortage out the next 15 yrs. of their franchise for a shot in the next few. Incredibly short sighted and that's not the way the Colt do business.

Chiefnj2 10-25-2011 07:25 AM

Manning is done. He's old and is coming off multiple neck surgeries. He's rich and smart enough to know that he doesn't want to spend the next 40 years of his life with some debilitating neck condition where he is getting surgery every 5 years.

This weekend will be a fun game to watch with Baylor going against Ok State. Griffin v. Weeden. I know it's a gimmick type offense and he's a few years older, but Weeden has looked good this year.

jd1020 10-25-2011 06:58 PM

There are at least 2 QB's we can scratch off the watch list now. Luck and Jones.

Looking at a 5+ win season now and around a #10 pick.

I'm starting to look at 2nd round QB's like Tannehill/Foles, hell... even RG3 might make it into the 2nd round. And picking Brewster/Ta'amu in the first. I wouldn't mind Burfict either but I'd rather see the C/NT position locked up.

Nightfyre 10-25-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8047218)
Sorry Nightfyre, you're delusional. There's no guarantee that Manning won't take a hit on that neck of his and be done for good next year. No guarantee how long he's got left. The Colts will NOT pass up an opportunity for greatness for another decade and a half. They more than any other franchise understand the importance of the QB under center. Without Peyton, they are nothing. They will not mortage out the next 15 yrs. of their franchise for a shot in the next few. Incredibly short sighted and that's not the way the Colt do business.

Let me dream goddammit.

aturnis 10-26-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8049257)
Let me dream goddammit.

I wish I could...I wish, I could.

aturnis 10-26-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8049169)
There are at least 2 QB's we can scratch off the watch list now. Luck and Jones.

I'm starting to look at 2nd round QB's like Tannehill/Foles, hell... even RG3 might make it into the 2nd round. And picking Brewster/Ta'amu in the first. I wouldn't mind Burfict either but I'd rather see the C/NT position locked up.

Why does everyone have a problem with Hudson at Center?

BossChief 10-27-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8049169)

are you ****ing drunk or something?

Look at our schedule.

SD @ KC MNF
MIA @ KC
DEN @ KC
KC @ NE
PITT @ KC
KC @ CHI
KC @ NYJ
GB @ KC
OAK @ KC
KC @ DEN

You only think we are gonna win around 2 more games?

ROFL

aturnis 10-27-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8052018)

Look at our schedule.

SD @ KC MNF
MIA @ KC
DEN @ KC
KC @ NE
PITT @ KC
KC @ CHI
KC @ NYJ
GB @ KC
OAK @ KC
KC @ DEN

ROFL

ROFL

jd1020 10-27-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8052018)

Look at our schedule.

SD @ KC MNF
MIA @ KC
DEN @ KC
KC @ NE
PITT @ KC
KC @ CHI
KC @ NYJ
GB @ KC
OAK @ KC
KC @ DEN

ROFL

... Name the games you can sit here and say we will absolutely win. I can see 2. MIA and 1 against DEN. It's pretty rare to sweep a team, especially when you aren't a championship caliber team. And I don't see us beating NE, PITT, CHI, NYJ, or GB. Yes, some of those teams don't look as scary as they did last year but they still are playoff caliber teams.

BossChief 10-27-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8052294)
... Name the games you can sit here and say we will absolutely win. I can see 2. MIA and 1 against DEN. It's pretty rare to sweep a team, especially when you aren't a championship caliber team. And I don't see us beating NE, PITT, CHI, NYJ, or GB. Yes, some of those teams don't look as scary as they did last year but they still are playoff caliber teams.

SD @ KC MNF.....Win. Rivers has something wrong with his arm and they have injuries everywhere

MIA @ KC.....they don't have3 an answer to a lot of our weapons and it should be an easy win.

DEN @ KC
...we usually win home games in this series and Tebow is playing

KC @ NE...we probably have a better defense, but I don't think we have enough to slow down Brady. This is a HUGE game for Cassel because we should be right in the thick of things (in terms of division lead) and I'm sure Cassel will be trying to have his best game as a pro.

PITT @ KC...I don't think we win this game, but I didn't think we would win our meeting in 09, either.

KC @ CHI...Our pass rush should be able to pressure Cutler and I think we match up well with them in a lot more categories.

KC @ NYJ...This is gonna be a damn good game with lots of CP traffic.

GB @ KC...Minnesota played them close...?

OAK @ KC....28-0 and at home

KC @ DEN....could have playoff implications and we should be on the top of our game.

If we only win 2 of those games...lots of people need replaced.

I think we win 6 of those games (the highlighted ones) and go 9-7.

jd1020 10-27-2011 10:47 PM

Ultimate homer.

aturnis 10-27-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8054821)
Ultimate homer.

I agree with him. We have a great chance to win every one of these next three games, and a real chance to sweep Denver and unless the Raiders get some real ****ing QB play, them too. I also don't think we go winless in that 5 game stretch from hell. Best chances against Jets and Bears.

Nightfyre 10-28-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8054919)
I agree with him. We have a great chance to win every one of these next three games, and a real chance to sweep Denver and unless the Raiders get some real ****ing QB play, them too. I also don't think we go winless in that 5 game stretch from hell. Best chances against Jets and Bears.

I agree with most of this. I think we can beat the Steelers, however. Our defense definitely trumps their offense at this point anyway, IMO. We also match up well against the pats, I think. We have a decent rushing attack and they will have difficulty stopping that. We also have a good enough pass defense to slow them down.

aturnis 10-28-2011 10:14 AM

If this team plays to it's ability, and Cassel's lack thereof doesn't screw it up, we have a fighting chance against most teams in the league. Pretty cool considering no Charles, Berry, or Moeaki.