ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Closest thing to Deadwood? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252047)

Buck 01-06-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8269425)
I haven't clicked on the Homeland thread as I'm just now watching it, but have you seen that show yet?

Yes, and it's ****ing awesome.

Let me know what you think about it at the end of season 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8269427)
Actually, a bit of both. Certainly less serial than S2. They had story arcs that carried through [the Crowders, the ladies, Pappy, what to do about Miami], but they also had standalone stories [the dentist cartel accountant, that lady with the stables]. It was a cause of concern for the more navel-gazing of critics [ie, what kind of show does this want to be? Deep musings, eh"]

I watched the first 5 episodes or so of season 1. The last one I watched I think that there was some kind of shootout with a black guy at the walkway of some nice house. Can't remember. I know I stopped watching it because it felt too episodic for me, but I also felt as if Walton Goggins started becoming the big bad. I should have kept watching.

Molitoth 04-07-2012 09:35 PM

Because of this thread I just watched season 1 of Deadwood. Thank you peeps because this show is awesome!

It's really unique that they can make the "bad guy" (Swearingen) so likable. Hes hilarious, smart, evil, and even compassionate.

I'm a fan of Olyphant, so I think Justified will be next.

Gonzo 04-07-2012 09:53 PM

That show had the makings of being the best show ever created. But hey, we got John from Cincinnati in its stead.

:( :#

Deberg_1990 04-07-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8269446)
Yes, and it's ****ing awesome.

Let me know what you think about it at the end of season 1.

I watched the first 5 episodes or so of season 1. The last one I watched I think that there was some kind of shootout with a black guy at the walkway of some nice house. Can't remember. I know I stopped watching it because it felt too episodic for me, but I also felt as if Walton Goggins started becoming the big bad. I should have kept watching.

Goggins character isn't really the big bad. By the time the show ends he may be, but for now he sort of goes back and forth.

Easy 6 04-07-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8524802)
Because of this thread I just watched season 1 of Deadwood. Thank you peeps because this show is awesome!

It's really unique that they can make the "bad guy" (Swearingen) so likable. Hes hilarious, smart, evil, and even compassionate.

I'm a fan of Olyphant, so I think Justified will be next.

Al is the older, harder edge JR Ewing & Tony Soprano rolled up in one... seeing you rave about this show makes me deeply regret not getting past season 3, i'm going to fix that... incredible tv, each show its own movie.

Pitt Gorilla 04-07-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8269421)
Good.

Once I finish up Deadwood, I think I'll start on Justified.

Easily the best show on TV.

KcMizzou 04-07-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8524928)
Easily the best show on TV.

Ehhh... Game of Thrones.

I love both.

Frazod 04-08-2012 12:11 AM

There's a new series on Starz in the Spartacus slot on Friday nights called Magic City, about a Miami hotel owner in bed with the mob. The head mob guy definitely reminds me of Al Swearengen.

Baby Lee 04-08-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8524964)
Ehhh... Game of Thrones.

I love both.

I honestly regret seeing E2 OTG, giving me nothing GOT for tonight. Perhaps a rewatch?

Aries Walker 04-08-2012 05:43 AM

Seconding Game of Thrones.

I wish I could say Walking Dead, but I really can't.

KcMizzou 04-13-2012 09:53 PM

I finished the first season of Deadwood tonight. It was as good as I've heard. I love it.

But, now I want to use "C-sucker" all the time, like it's "jerk" or "asshole".

(Wow, didn't know that was filtered.)

Buck 04-13-2012 09:58 PM

Season 2 is just as good.

Haven't watched season 3 yet.

Okie_Apparition 04-13-2012 10:15 PM

Can you let me go to hell the way I want to

KcMizzou 04-13-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8539880)
Can you let me go to hell the way I want to

Hell of a line.

okcchief 04-14-2012 09:06 PM

I loved Deadwood but hated the way it ended. It was like ****ing the hottest girl ever and never getting a nut. If they could have finished it properly it would have been the greatest show ever.