ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Romeo on Cassel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254828)

BoneKrusher 01-09-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8280200)
I've been hired by Joe Gibbs to race on his team... only problem is he wants me to drive a Chevette. I think I could win but it's going to require a lot of wrecks.

:thumb:

NJChiefsFan 01-09-2012 05:14 PM

I think in and of itself these comments aren't that big of a deal. You don't get hired and then come in a rip a player your boss brought in. Even in the perfect world where Romeo and Pioli have agreed Matt isn't good enough Romeo is not going to come out and rip him.

The problem I have is that, like many, the fear of Cassel is so big that any positive comments about him make me want to cry. We are going to have to wait for moments like Free Agency and the Draft to know where this organization is going with the QB. Odds are Cassel will be our starter and that makes me sick. I do think, however, that Romeo is not the biggest Cassel fan. I just hope that helps in some way.

jjchieffan 01-09-2012 05:15 PM

I would expect nothing else from a new head coach. What would you want him to do? Pull a Josh McDaniels and come out letting everyone know that you are looking to replace your starting QB? That worked out so well for the Donks.

007 01-09-2012 05:16 PM

Well crap. 3 more years of crap.

OnTheWarpath15 01-09-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8280253)
Why would he expect anything? He's part of a franchise that hasn't won shit in ages.

I don't care how many rings he has - none of them say "Chiefs" on the side and until they do, he better get to work.

THIS.

Hammock Parties 01-09-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8280307)
Well crap. 3 more years of crap.

Nah, only two. Romeo and Pioli will ride off into the failset together.

NJChiefsFan 01-09-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8280343)

Oh good, only two years. I love this team. Can't wait until things are tried to be done about our QB when all our good players are 32 years old.

Chiefshrink 01-09-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8280085)
Proof positive that Pioli has Romeo by the Juliets.

FAX

Pioli = King Carl II - hire yes men only:thumb:

O.city 01-09-2012 05:28 PM

This is actually a great hire.

It's a Pioli yes man who will trot Matt Cassel out there to be the shitty qb that he is and all will be gone in 2 years.

And if he doesn't do that, we get a new qb. It's win win.

Bewbies 01-09-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8280343)

Yep. And then the rebuild begins. LMAO

O.city 01-09-2012 05:35 PM

Scott Pioli, the supposed Gm of the century or decade or whatever, is hitching his career on a backup quarterback that didn't even play the position in college and over the past three years has ranked in the bottom of every passing stat in the league.

Damn you B. Pollard, damn you.

Psyko Tek 01-09-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 8280081)
Matt Cassel - QB - Chiefs

Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel threw his support behind Matt Cassel at his introductory press conference Monday.
Crennel was also noncommittal on Kyle Orton's return, acknowledging Orton's free agent status and saying he "appreciated" Orton's late-season performance in 2011. "Matt Cassel has won here," said Crennel. "We've been to a playoff with Matt Cassel. I don't think Matt Cassel has fallen off the wagon overnight. I think he's a good talent, he's a good quarterback, and he's taken us to a playoff. I anticipate that he can do it again."

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...ittal-on-orton

well ****

NJChiefsFan 01-09-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8280357)
This is actually a great hire.

It's a Pioli yes man who will trot Matt Cassel out there to be the shitty qb that he is and all will be gone in 2 years.

And if he doesn't do that, we get a new qb. It's win win.

If you count watching a talented team suck for two years as a win. Or the assumption that the replacement of Pioli will actually find us a real QB in time to win with this roster. We can afford our current stars, but when our young guys become stars as well we won't be able to afford all of them together.

htismaqe 01-09-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 8280305)
I would expect nothing else from a new head coach. What would you want him to do? Pull a Josh McDaniels and come out letting everyone know that you are looking to replace your starting QB? That worked out so well for the Donks.

They just won a playoff game 18 hours ago.

We haven't won one in 18 YEARS.

L.A. Chieffan 01-09-2012 05:38 PM

HAHA VINDICATION~!!