ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs will not move up in the Draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255020)

O.city 01-13-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8292694)
In the other thread you said you couldnt wait till he was gone. Now you don't hate him?
Posted via Mobile Device

It was in this thread that I said it.

I like alot of the moves he is made. I just don't think we will succeed with Cassel at qb and I believe that he is tied to Pioli.

Therefor getting rid of one equals getting rid of the other. I also think Pioli is an asshat for thinking that Cassel could be the answer.

Chieftain58 01-13-2012 08:34 PM

Fug cassel

-King- 01-13-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8292709)
It was in this thread that I said it.

I like alot of the moves he is made. I just don't think we will succeed with Cassel at qb and I believe that he is tied to Pioli.

Therefor getting rid of one equals getting rid of the other. I also think Pioli is an asshat for thinking that Cassel could be the answer.

No, I was talking about this post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8291622)
It's gonna be someone from the tree.

Dunno if anyone else is as ready for this asshat to be fired as the GM as I am.

So you don't hate him, yet he's an asshat and you want him fired.

Ok.

O.city 01-13-2012 10:22 PM

I don't hate him, I just think he's a dip shit when it comes to the qb position and I don't think we will have a good one til he's gone.

O.city 01-13-2012 10:26 PM

Unless Stanzi is the guy.

Psyko Tek 01-14-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8291497)
Scott Pioli is a big pussy.

the pictures I have seen of him more resemble a penis,
a penis that has NO idea how to takew advantage of the talent we have to build a superbowl team

BossChief 01-14-2012 01:31 AM

I'd like to point out that going all the way from 11 to 4 wouldn't cost "multiple first rounders" according to the draft value chart.

#11 is worth 1250 points
#4 is worth 1800 points.

A difference of 550 points

It would cost us our second round pick (470 points) and our fourth (80 points) as far as value on the chart.

I think that's a reasonable probability.

Rams aren't taking him
Vikings aren't (even though they should)
Holmgren and RG3?

I know his style isn't really the patriot way, but he said he wouldn't trade multiplexfirsts to trade up, he said nothing about a first a sec

NJChiefsFan 01-14-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8291738)
You know actually the more I think about it, the more I think he might actually be smokescreening it.

They had scouts at basically all of Lucks games. If he is what everyone says he is, why would Pioli not want that?

Liking him and doing what it takes to get him are two incredibly different things. I don't doubt at all that Pioli would take him if he were at our pick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8291747)
It doesn't make any sense for him to come out and say this now.

I'm calling BS.

Its not like he came out and just said it in a press conference. The question was put to him, so to me it doesn't really come off as a ploy.

BossChief 01-14-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8292367)
Reiff would be gone by then.

I wouldn't bet money on that.

Bulaga was a better prospect and went after that.

Both were thought of as right tackle prospects with versatility.

Not really as left tackles.

RealSNR 01-14-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8293260)
I'd like to point out that going all the way from 11 to 4 wouldn't cost "multiple first rounders" according to the draft value chart.

#11 is worth 1250 points
#4 is worth 1800 points.

It would cost us our second round pick (470 points) and our fourth (80 points) as far as value on the chart.

Rams aren't taking him
Holmgren and RG3?

I know his style isn't really the patriot way, but he said he wouldn't trade multiplexfirsts to trade up, he said nothing about a first a sec

I think smart teams will be moving up ahead of those guys to the Rams or the Vikings. RGIII will probably be gone by #4 in that case.

Sure, if the Rams hit the jackpot on a superstar like Blackmon, that'd be a huge deal. But at this point, I think they would take a trade down offer as long as it was lucrative and worth it. Acquiring a truckload of draft picks would probably be just what the doctor ordered for that franchise.

Tribal Warfare 01-14-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8293264)
I wouldn't bet money on that.

Bulaga was a better prospect and went after that.

Both were thought of as right tackle prospects with versatility.

Not really as left tackles.

The real question is if Pioli will go after McNutt as his "Iowa pick" this year.

johnny961 01-14-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8293260)

#11 is worth 1250 points
#4 is worth 1800 points.

Rams aren't taking him
Holmgren and RG3?

Isn't that draft value chart kinda out the window with the new rookie pay scale in effect? I was thinking this year that it would cost more in draft pick compensation to move up than it has in years past.

jspchief 01-14-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8292376)
Why would he show his hand if he was interested? He probably won't trade up, but damn people are stupid if they take this with even a grain of salt.

While that's a legitimate point, its not the case.

Moving up in the draft for a QB is a risk and if there's one thing Pioli has shown in his time in KC, its that he plays it safe.

MahiMike 01-14-2012 08:08 AM

ahh man! I was hopin' he's go all Raiders-like and chit...

kysirsoze 01-14-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8293326)
While that's a legitimate point, its not the case.

Moving up in the draft for a QB is a risk and if there's one thing Pioli has shown in his time in KC, its that he plays it safe.

Honest question: What risk do you wish he had taken at the QB position?