ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Who will win final Border War? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256465)

Nzoner 02-24-2012 10:54 PM

Even though I voted KU wins by less than 10 a blowout would not shock me as I don't see the Big 12 and "the powers that be" letting Mizzou escape with a win.I look for some big time controversial calls tomorrow all going Ku's way and if so,so be it because....

Fock the big 12 title and tornament I just want to see Mizzou make a great run at the FF and not lose to the likes of a bradley,Bucknell,N iowa or VCU

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-24-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8395885)
I just hope we keep it close.

Oh come on, you want to win. Of course you want to win... and you may. Two of the best teams in the country in the final regular season game for who knows how long... I hope you'd want to win at least.

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-24-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8396425)
Even though I voted KU wins by less than 10 a blowout would not shock me as I don't see the Big 12 and "the powers that be" letting Mizzou escape with a win.I look for some big time controversial calls tomorrow all going Ku's way and if so,so be it because....

You know I like you Nzoner but... with all due respect... that's some lame ass shit. It's worse than what many of you MU fans thought KC Connection was doing whining about our loss on your court days after because it's making excuses before the fact. If so many of you guys are so convinced this game is already fixed maybe your team should just head back to Columbia now.

Seriously I can't believe the people who may be thinking this way. You should believe it will be a tough game that MU is very capable of winning because after all, they are.

ROYC75 02-24-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Fock the big 12 title and tornament I just want to see Mizzou make a great run at the FF and not lose to the likes of a bradley,Bucknell,N iowa or VCU

Good Luck buddy, IMHO, I think size and playing against a tough D minded team will spell the end of your dream, a Sweet 16 in store but Elite 8* on your plate will not make.

But anything is possible, I didn't think KU and MU would ever be separated by 2 conferences.

KcMizzou 02-24-2012 11:15 PM

Despite my vote (I'm a Mizzou fan damnit!) I'm bracing myself for about a 12 point loss. That place is gonna be nuts... and it really is a big factor.

That said, we've got shooters, and if a guy or two (Denmon, English, Dixon) gets hot I could easily see Mizzou pulling out a close win. So, I've got hope.

And yeah, it'd be my favorite win as a Missouri basketball fan (in the regular season).

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-24-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8396451)
Despite my vote (I'm a Mizzou fan damnit!) I'm bracing myself for about a 12 point loss. That place is gonna be nuts... and it really is a big factor.

That said, we've got shooters, and if a guy or two (Denmon, English, Dixon) gets hot I could easily see Mizzou pulling out a close win. So, I've got hope.

And yeah, it'd be my favorite win as a Missouri basketball fan (in the regular season).

One of my brothers is going to be there and he's the loudest mother ****er I've ever heard lol. He's the singer in a hard rock band and he'll bring it like it's his stage.

:thumb:

Nzoner 02-24-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8396445)
You know I like you Nzoner but... with all due respect... that's some lame ass shit. It's worse than what many of you MU fans thought KC Connection was doing whining about our loss on your court days after because it's making excuses before the fact. If so many of you guys are so convinced this game is already fixed maybe your team should just head back to Columbia now.

Seriously I can't believe the people who may be thinking this way. You should believe it will be a tough game that MU is very capable of winning because after all, they are.

Dude my "conspiracy theories" are well documented on the planet and with all due respect if you don't think collegiate and pro sports involve point shaving and refs making focked up calls we have nothing further to discuss.I mean c'mon Ku is up by 21 Wed against A&M with a Vegas line of 11 and they ALMOST choke it away but oh A&M wins the spread yet loses the game.

Seriously,I focking love sports but there's too much money involved,I mean shit Rosthein fixed the 1919 World series and you want me to buy that we haven't gotten even more corrupt since then?

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-24-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8396463)
Dude my "conspiracy theories" are well documented on the planet and with all due respect if you don't think collegiate and pro sports involve point shaving and refs making focked up calls we have nothing further to discuss.I mean c'mon Ku is up by 21 Wed against A&M with a Vegas line of 11 and they ALMOST choke it away but oh A&M wins the spread yet loses the game.

Seriously,I focking love sports but there's too much money involved,I mean shit Rosthein fixed the 1919 World series and you want me to buy that we haven't gotten even more corrupt since then?

I'm not saying fixing never happens I just think your defeatist attitude about tomorrows game is sad.

Fair question though I think considering your beliefs about tomorrows game... KU led pretty much the whole way in Columbia until they choked the last couple minutes... certainly a questionable charging call in there that helped MU... was the first game fixed in MU's favor?

Nzoner 02-24-2012 11:39 PM

BTW,at last check the vegas line opened at KU -6 1/2 and is now up to -8 which means the money is rolling in on Ku...we'll have to check tomorrow but I'm going to a party at 1 but will be checking scores and odds before tip.

FWIW,I'm not saying this shit happens in every game but let's just watch how this plays out.

KcMizzou 02-24-2012 11:43 PM

I really hope shit like that doesn't actually happen. It'd ruin sports for me. It'd make caring about a game pointless.

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-24-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8396478)
I really hope shit like that doesn't actually happen. It'd ruin sports for me.

Agreed. May the best team win even if it's not mine.

Nzoner 02-24-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8396472)
I'm not saying fixing never happens I just think your defeatist attitude about tomorrows game is sad.

Fair question though I think considering your beliefs about tomorrows game... KU led pretty much the whole way in Columbia until they choked the last couple minutes... certainly a questionable charging call in there that helped MU... was the first game fixed in MU's favor?

I would not be shocked,I was sitting courtside for that game and mizzou goes on an 11-0 run with a bit over 2 minutes left.

Like I said i focking hate it because I love sports but having been to vegas over 10 times now during NFL and NCAA tourneys I just have to think of the roman gladiators and how the people gathered and felt the intensity of the challenge.Fast forward to now and how much we are the same except the $$$$ that are bet on the games?

Lastly PLEASE check this out...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/utO9jtDpsmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-24-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8396489)
I would not be shocked,I was sitting courtside for that game and mizzou goes on an 11-0 run with a bit over 2 minutes left.

Like I said i focking hate it because I love sports but having been to vegas over 10 times now during NFL and NCAA tourneys I just have to think of the roman gladiators and how the people gathered and felt the intensity of the challenge.Fast forward to now and how much we are the same except the $$$$ that are bet on the games?

Lastly PLEASE check this out...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/utO9jtDpsmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well fwiw I think MU won game 1 because they were the better, more consistant team that day. KU may have won 38 minutes but they didn't play defense or hit free throws late and it bit them in the ass. Unfortunately for us the game is 40 minutes, not 38.

KC_Connection 02-25-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Hopefully. That would only be fair after the home cooking exhibition we saw in the first game.

KC_Connection 02-25-2012 12:12 AM

KU is a slightly better team and with the home advantage, I think it will be about a 8-10 PT win.

If MU doesn't hit their 3s like their previous game vs. KSU, though, it might be a very long game for them. Still, I expect they'll make them....they'll be amped up with the B12 title essentially on the line.