ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In Pioli I Trust (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256537)

Hammock Parties 02-27-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8401701)
B ALBERT IS A STUD!

having said that i wouldnt mind trading up and taking a T

We're talking about Pope.

He's a ****ing disaster as a blocker.

Direckshun is pulling shit out of his ass.

L.A. Chieffan 02-27-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8401708)
We're talking about Pope.

He's a ****ing disaster as a blocker.

Direckshun is pulling shit out of his ass.

oh, ya we should probably draft another te since moeaki is a bust. shun was wrong about that 2010 draft, not every single pick was a hit

FAX 02-27-2012 10:45 AM

It seems to me that he has the "General" part down, but he's struggling with the "Manager" part.

Pioli has overseen far too much turnover in his coaching staff, he's compiled a shallow roster that can't sustain injury, and he's fielded an offense that, in too many games, has serious difficulty moving the ball past the 50 freaking yard line. The 50 yard line. His defense has improved ... mainly due to players who were already Chiefs when he arrived.

Frankly, I can glom onto the "process" idea that many Planeteers refer to with scorn. I know it takes time to turn a team around and we were in bad, bad shape. But, to my mind, the "process" should involve moving in a particular, clear, well-defined direction. We don't seem to have that direction ... or clear plan ... or identity. (Other than establishing a reputation as a franchise that won't tell you what's for breakfast because it's a secret.) That's my main criticism of the guy. He makes mistakes then deflects the blame. Hire a coach, then, a year later, undermine him by leaking stories to the press? That's an identity? Publicly claim you seriously sought competition for your struggling quarterback, then sign Palko? That's a purpose? Back up Berry with Saggy Pissmybelly? The list goes on and on.

Based on my observations so far, it looks like Pioli is floundering in his job and pointing fingers at everybody except himself, all the while preferring excuses and half-truths and manipulation and strawman arguments over accepting personal responsibility. To me, that is not the definition of good "management".

FAX

Chiefnj2 02-27-2012 10:48 AM

People keep bitching about the contract Cassel received.

He was tagged. KC was on the hook for $14.65 million, the amount of the tag at the time.

With his new contract KC paid him $15.2 million. People are really upset about the half mil?

The next year he got 11.9 million. If they had to tag him twice to evaluate him it would have been around 30 million. They paid him 27.1 for the first two years. The money would have been the same.

el borracho 02-27-2012 10:48 AM

Actually, I would add Crennel and current coaching staff to the list of complaints I have with Pioli. If the directive is to build stability and longevity in the organization, you don't hire a geriatric and a cast of unimpressive nobodies.

Hammock Parties 02-27-2012 10:54 AM

How the **** can Direckshun write this drivel two days after Pioli lied to his face through the press about his history here?

Scott Pioli wants you to eat shit and smile.

mrbiggz 02-27-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8401685)
How much money did Cassel get his first year?

Fifteen million according to http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-ci...s/matt-cassel/
and http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

TEX 02-27-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8401715)
It seems to me that he has the "General" part down, but he's struggling with the "Manager" part.

Pioli has overseen far too much turnover in his coaching staff, he's compiled a shallow roster that can't sustain injury, and he's fielded an offense that, in too many games, has serious difficulty moving the ball past the 50 freaking yard line. The 50 yard line. His defense has improved ... mainly due to players who were already Chiefs when he arrived.

Frankly, I can glom onto the "process" idea that many Planeteers refer to with scorn. I know it takes time to turn a team around and we were in bad, bad shape. But, to my mind, the "process" should involve moving in a particular, clear, well-defined direction. We don't seem to have that direction ... or clear plan ... or identity. (Other than establishing a reputation as a franchise that won't tell you what's for breakfast because it's a secret.) That's my main criticism of the guy. He makes mistakes then deflects the blame. Hire a coach, then, a year later, undermine him by leaking stories to the press? That's an identity? Publicly claim you seriously sought competition for your struggling quarterback, then sign Palko? That's a purpose? Back up Berry with Saggy Pissmybelly? The list goes on and on.

Based on my observations so far, it looks like Pioli is floundering in his job and pointing fingers at everybody except himself, all the while preferring excuses and half-truths and manipulation and strawman arguments over accepting personal responsibility. To me, that is not the definition of good "management".

FAX

:clap: VERY WELL said sir!

Mr. Laz 02-27-2012 11:05 AM

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5...ningphotog.jpg

FringeNC 02-27-2012 11:14 AM

Pioli's fascination with Matt Cassel has been his defining failure here. Even the bizarre situation with Haley in my opinion is due to Pioli's belief that with better coaching Matt Cassel would be a franchise quarterback. Take away Cassel, and it's hard to argue that Pioli has been a bad GM. Unfortunately, he has struck out at the one key position in team sports.

Mr. Laz 02-27-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 8401785)
Pioli's fascination with Matt Cassel has been his defining failure here. Even the bizarre situation with Haley in my opinion is due to Pioli's belief that with better coaching Matt Cassel would be a franchise quarterback. Take away Cassel, and it's hard to argue that Pioli has been a bad GM. Unfortunately, he has struck out at the one key position in team sports.

It's true ... if Pioli continues to fail at the QB position it will cost him his job.

Okie_Apparition 02-27-2012 11:24 AM

We have tasted regicide & it's ****ing awesome, we want more
It makes our wives breasts larger & our dongs harder
& the $2.50 gas is pretty sweet

Chiefnj2 02-27-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure it's Pioli's fascination with Cassel, or Chiefs Planet's fascination with Cassel.

dallaschiefsfan 02-27-2012 11:38 AM

Pioli is insecure...not egotistical (Fatlock is wrong on this). His BB blanket helped him with his insecurity issues of taking the helm. Remember...he turned down jobs prior to taking the Chiefs job. Guys rarely do that unless they're afraid of leaving the nest. He's a control-freak as well. The combination is dangerous. He beats Clark down as well.

This will not end good...UNLESS we either luck ouselves into a franchise QB or he somehow throws the kitchen sink at a healthy Manning and get a solid two years out of him. Balanced or not...being a QB away from anything is still a hopeless situation in the league's current state.

I DO like the last two drafts. The jury is out on the 2011 draft, but I think it will end up panning out more than not. 2009 was terrible. So Pioli is probably a good draft-team assembler. We'll see how things go without his go-to guy.

Hydrae 02-27-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

I am not sure how you get that Pioli thinks better coaching will make the difference with Cassel. We replaced an offensive head coach with a defensive coach. We kept the same QB coach from last year. I suppose we brought in Daboll but I don't know how much difference that will make for developing Cassel. I just am not seeing a coaching change that indicates it should be specifically helpful for Cassel. :shrug: