ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science How do you flush this type of toilet? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257708)

veist 03-25-2012 10:55 AM

Lot of vaginas up in this thread. Oh noes I got germs on my hand from flushing the toilet nevermind that it was a couple sheets from my asshole mere seconds ago. THE HORROR!

lcarus 03-25-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8486833)
The results so far are shocking to me. Stunning. Jaw-dropping.

I see nothing on that toilet that makes me think I should flush it with my foot. If the restroom is clean it's always the hand, and unless it's absolutely filthy it's still the hand. Flushing with your foot just puts floor germs on it for the next person.

Yeah, the only way I'll ever flush with my foot is if there's visible gunk on the handle. Usually in that case though, I just won't flush it. I can always wash my hands after, but no point in touching something nasty.

Stewie 03-25-2012 11:23 AM

Always with the foot in a public bathroom. I use an ass-gasket when available if I'm taking a dump, TP is a workable secondary option.

My workplace has automatic flushers.

WhiteWhale 03-25-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veist (Post 8490740)
Lot of vaginas up in this thread. Oh noes I got germs on my hand from flushing the toilet nevermind that it was a couple sheets from my asshole mere seconds ago. THE HORROR!

I don't sit on public toilets.

DaFace 03-25-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8490817)
Always with the foot in a public bathroom. I use an ass-gasket when available if I'm taking a dump, TP is a workable secondary option.

My workplace has automatic flushers.

Little known fact: toilet seats are frequently cleaner than sinks in public restrooms. Our ass cheeks actually aren't very germ-ridden.

On the other hand, the floors of public restrooms are awful - further evidence that flushing with your foot isn't a good idea for users of the restroom as a whole.

(I think there was a Mythbusters episode about this a while back, but here's an article that gets to some of the points.

chasedude 03-25-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8490710)
I work for a healthcare company, which has like 5 hospitals and 30+ other medical services facilities in San Diego.

I work at the corporate office, but the orientation they had people from every facility. They actually told us this is the correct protocol to prevent the spread of germs to patients.

Then my OCD's arn't that outrageous after all :clap:

chasedude 03-25-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8490736)
What's funny is that the keyboard you're using is probably so covered in germs it puts your shoes to shame.

While working as a computer tech, I saw many a nasty keyboard. One older lady I worked on frequently would sit at her desk and eat Cheez-its all day. Her keyboard was packed full of crumbs, disgusting. I got to the point I'd put on latex gloves before I worked on her computer thinking she'd get the hint. Nope, she didn't.

My tool kit now includes a box of gloves incase I come across the foulest of the foul.

Papi 03-25-2012 01:37 PM

Foot. No such thing as a clean restroom. And while I'm strongly against the pussification of the american male, I feel that being sanitary is not a factor in the epidemic.

Mr. Laz 03-25-2012 02:19 PM

always with the foot

If they have the motion on/off sinks and dryers i don't have to touch anything in the bathroom, except for myself.

mdchiefsfan 03-25-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8490621)
If it's bad enough that I feel the need to use my foot, it's probably bad enough that I wouldn't use it in the first place. Unless you're not washing your hands, I don't see any point in using your foot, which makes the overall germ situation even worse.

+1

BigMeatballDave 03-25-2012 06:15 PM

Your kitchen sponge is worse than any restroom, as far as bacteria.

qabbaan 03-25-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8492446)
Your kitchen sponge is worse than any restroom, as far as bacteria.

Bacteria is on every surface in the world. Other people's piss isnt.

BigMeatballDave 03-25-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8492627)
Bacteria is on every surface in the world. Other people's piss isnt.

Fresh urine isn't loaded with bacteria.

Saulbadguy 03-25-2012 07:53 PM

Hand. Less effort.

DaFace 03-25-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8492836)
Fresh urine isn't loaded with bacteria.

Yep. Urine is "icky," but largely harmless.