ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Draft Rumors (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258830)

RealSNR 04-25-2012 12:22 PM

I'm actually of the camp that if Kalil is available at #11, we need to take him.

He's PERFECT for the blocking scheme that we run. Albert is good at what he does in this blocking scheme. Kalil would be insane good.

I know people hate the idea of drafting a guy to replace a guy in the same round whose contract has run out. But really, this is no worse than acquiring Brockers to replace Dorsey.

And the upgrade from Albert to Kalil > Dorsey to Brockers. By far.

People don't seem to understand that we're a team with riches at every position (besides QB). If the Chiefs don't take a QB (it appears they're not going to) then whatever guy we draft is going to upset the apple cart in the depth chart we've constructed. But it's always for the better.

And I'd rather upgrade my LT than the space-eating fatass who takes up blockers. That's a FAR more valuable position.

Kalil > Brockers.

DeezNutz 04-25-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8565118)
I'm actually of the camp that if Kalil is available at #11, we need to take him.

He's PERFECT for the blocking scheme that we run. Albert is good at what he does in this blocking scheme. Kalil would be insane good.

I know people hate the idea of drafting a guy to replace a guy in the same round whose contract has run out. But really, this is no worse than acquiring Brockers to replace Dorsey.

People don't seem to understand that we're a team with riches at every position (besides QB). If the Chiefs don't take a QB (it appears they're not going to) then whatever guy we draft is going to upset the apple cart in the depth chart we've constructed. But it's always for the better.

And I'd rather upgrade my LT than the space-eating fatass who takes up blockers. That's a FAR more valuable position.

Kalil > Brockers.

A lot of words to say "True Fan"...

Yeah, I agree, though. No way someone could bitch about taking Kalil yet justify DeCastro.

Fire Me Boy! 04-25-2012 12:24 PM

Anyone other than me think we should put Barry Richardson at LT and just let him get Cassel killed?

Direckshun 04-25-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8565118)

Kalil > Brockers.

It's not happening unless you're willing to sacrifice a 2nd to go get him.

whoman69 04-25-2012 12:29 PM

This is what happens with the needy 24 hour instant news cycle. Sounds like everyone is running with the least rumor no matter how unfounded. The GMs must be laughing for all the misinformation that is out there.

saphojunkie 04-25-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8565108)
Can you post the top 15 picks for both guys? Thanks.

KIPER:

1.Luck
2. RG3
3. Claiborne
4. Richardson
5. Kalil
6. Blackmon
7. Cox
8. Tannehill
9. Kuechly
10. Floyd
11. DeCastro
12. Jones
13. Ingram
14. Barron
15. Gilmore

MCSHAY:

1. Luck
2. RG3
3. Claiborne
4. Richardson
5. Kuechly
6. Kalil
7. Blackmon
8. Tannehill
9. Gilmore
10. Floyd
11. Poe
12. Jones
13. Reiff
14. Barron
15. Cox

BigMeatballDave 04-25-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8565122)
A lot of words to say "True Fan"...

Yeah, I agree, though. No way someone could bitch about taking Kalil yet justify DeCastro.

I could. Lilja sucks and Albert doesnt.

That said, I dont care what they do as long as they dont give up picks for it.

Though I'm not against moving up for Tannehill now. I dont care, I just was Cassel gone.

themanwithnoname 04-25-2012 12:33 PM

First, been lurking for a while here so, yeah, first post, blah, blah, blah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8564960)
Here comes the question of questions, then, because he ain't dropping to 11.

It's more likely he drops to the Rams at 6. The Bills at 10 would want him before we get him, but he won't fall past STL.

If that's the case, do you trade up to get him at 5?

It would almost certainly cost a 2nd.

No. Trading up for a LT when you don't have a pressing need would be a bad idea. Even if they're Joe Thomas/Jake Long. I mean, look at how that turned out, they've played as expected but the teams still have not gotten better.

I do not think we'd get a first round pick out of trading Albert either. Teams will throw the "he's a guard" in Pioli's face. Albert will make bank regardless so it doesn't matter too much to him what teams want to call him, but I don't see teams giving up a first for him. If he has a monster year this year, then maybe as a RFA.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-25-2012 12:39 PM

Kuechly at 5 LMAO

DJ's left nut 04-25-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8565180)
Kuechly at 5 LMAO

It's as though nobody learned anything from Aaron Curry.

Kuechly is essentially the same guy. I don't get it.

the Talking Can 04-25-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8565184)
It's as though nobody learned anything from Aaron Curry.

Kuechly is essentially the same guy. I don't get it.

seriously...you better be Ware-level to justify that high a pick..and unless you're patrick willis, you better be a damn pass rusher

kueuchly higher than DJ, Willis, urlacher, etc...?

themanwithnoname 04-25-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8565150)
I could. Lilja sucks and Albert doesnt.

That said, I dont care what they do as long as they dont give up picks for it.

Though I'm not against moving up for Tannehill now. I dont care, I just was Cassel gone.

I agree, Lilja is in need of an upgrade much more than Albert is.

Also, while I haven't been paying that much attention to Kalil, but I don't think I've heard anything close to the praise for him that I have seen for DeCastro. The latter seems to be getting the "once in a generation" type of praise. I'm not saying Kalil is bad, he seems to be worthy of the top tackle and I wouldn't be against him at 11 even, but DeCastro is a unique prospect.

I'm not much of a fan of trading up for anyone this year (well beyond Luck/Griffin, but they're obviously not possible). There's a bunch of players I would be ok with at 11:

Tannehill
Richardson
Barron
DeCastro
Brockers
Kalil
Kuechly

There's some others but I can't recall them of the top of my head. I don't think I'd trade up for any of them unless it was some ridiculously low amount or if we could somehow package Cassel in a trade, or other crazy scenario that would be in our favor (something like trading Dorsey and getting a late first or early second round pick or two thirds or something).

saphojunkie 04-25-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8565197)
seriously...you better be Ware-level to justify that high a pick..and unless you're patrick willis, you better be a damn pass rusher

kueuchly higher than DJ, Willis, urlacher, etc...?

Just to be fair, Kuechly is, to the inch and pound, the same size as DJ at the combine, and he was faster in all drills except 40, with a higher bench, higher vertical, longer broad jump. He has better instincts and better play recognition, with better on-field production than DJ did coming out of college.

Kuechly is 100% the total package at middle linebacker, and on paper yeah, you draft him over any of those guys.

Please note, that says ON PAPER you DRAFT. Obviously Willis is a god among ants. Some guys outplay their measurable potential, and Willis certainly has. Hindsight 20/20 and all that. Willis was slower in the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle, with less bench reps than Kuechly. He also had less on-field production and was the same weight. So, no, I don't think you'd be hard-pressed to find teams that would consider drafting Kuechly over Willis if both came out this year.

Kuechly is one of a handful of players in this draft that are, without question, the best at their position.

luck, kalil, decastro, claiborne, kuechly, and richardson. maybe barron. Outside of that, it's generally a toss-up between at least two guys.

(No, I don't say Blackmon is clearly better than Floyd. Not at all.)

Pitt Gorilla 04-25-2012 12:55 PM

You take the best player available at 11. Kalil? Take him. Tannehill? Take him. Blackmon? Take him.

Get the best players and everything else will work out.

Chiefnj2 04-25-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8565234)
You take the best player available at 11. Kalil? Take him. Tannehill? Take him. Blackmon? Take him.

Get the best players and everything else will work out.

Who are your top 11?