ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports David Stern Asked Jim Rome “Have You Stopped Beating Your Wife Yet?” (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260478)

milkman 06-13-2012 02:13 PM

Jim Rome's show is infantile at best.

He, however, is usually one of the best at interviews.

In this case, however, he should have framed the question differently.

Mr. Laz 06-13-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8677418)
Terribly stupid comparison...

This wasn't a performance review with my employer. This was an interviewer asking the commissioner of the NBA a pointed but valid question that was on the minds of millions of people.

with no facts AT ALL, it wasn't valid question.

it was a cheap shot ala jason whitlock

Rome just trying to get attention

If he really wants to do something then tell him to do some real investigation and find some proof.

Saul Good 06-13-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8677425)
It was...however I believe he took the steps to make sure it didn't happen again. It's ashame that some cannot be trusted when they give their word.

He didn't give his word. He could have, but he chose to take the "I won't even dignify that with a response" route, and he simply hasn't earned that right.

Saul Good 06-13-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8677435)
with no facts AT ALL, it wasn't valid question.

it was a cheap shot ala jason whitlock

Rome just trying to get attention

If he really wants to do something then tell him to do some real investigation and find some proof.

Doesn't an investigation start with asking Stern that very question?

Garcia Bronco 06-13-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8677436)
He didn't give his word. He could have, but he chose to take the "I won't even dignify that with a response" route, and he simply hasn't earned that right.

The referee gave his word that he would be honest and not gamble by taking the job. I wasn't talking about Stern himself.

Garcia Bronco 06-13-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8677429)
It isn't my place to question how my employer metes out raises. It is an interviewer's place to ask the guest questions that are on the public's minds.

Yes it is as it pertains to you and no that isn't always the case. Especially when the question is framed in such a way to defame the interviewee.

Garcia Bronco 06-13-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8677439)
Doesn't an investigation start with asking Stern that very question?

And that's a job for law enforcement should there actually be a case. But there isn't. this is just a bunch of people butt hurt because someting they expected to happen...didn't happen.

Mr. Laz 06-13-2012 02:20 PM

"Commissioner Stern, there are many fans around the league that question the validity of the NBA Lottery. The word 'fixed' seems to be the most common word used. What do you say in response to all the NBA fans about the Lottery?"

I'm sure one of you writer types can phrase it a lot better than i but you get the main idea. This is phrasing the question like the rumor and pr crap that it is, not like a legit question with some kind of factual basis.

jd1020 06-13-2012 02:21 PM

Pistachio - Stern does it honestly.

DeezNutz 06-13-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8677448)
And that's a job for law enforcement should there actually be a case. But there isn't. this is just a bunch of people butt hurt because someting they expected to happen...didn't happen.

Law enforcement? LMAO. It's the stupid ****ing lottery.

Congress should get involved.

Saul Good 06-13-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8677441)
The referee gave his word that he would be honest and not gamble by taking the job. I wasn't talking about Stern himself.

And it happened under Stern's watch. When something like that happens, you lose the right not to be asked questions when other fishy things happen.

Chief Roundup 06-13-2012 02:29 PM

The NBA, and Boxing are getting closer to being a joke like wrestlilng.

vailpass 06-13-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 8677316)
It's a signal that the questioner is asking a loaded question. It's not an accusation. Unless there is a history of domestic violence by Jim Rome. Also, Rome did not ask a loaded question, so it's really a poor answer.

Stern didn't like the question and he showed his ass in response.
Instead of taking the opportunity to dispel wide-spread speculation in a factual manner Stern went idiot.

-King- 06-13-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8677472)
The NBA, and Boxing are getting closer to being a joke like wrestlilng.

:rolleyes:

Amnorix 06-13-2012 02:42 PM

I'm not a big fan of Stern, but Rome can DIAF. What little I've seen of him leaves me unimpressed to say the least.