ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Anyone ever join a frat?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260657)

NewChief 07-01-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 8713377)
Spent a weekend at your house- The Fabulous Xi Chapter- circa 1994-1995 at a leadership conference. I am a Kappa Sigma as well.

I was probably in the house at that time. Good times. If you wandered down a dark hallway and smelled incense, heard the Grateful Dead blaring, and the other brothers quickly ushered you away from that end of the house... then you were approaching my room. ;)

Titty Meat 07-01-2012 08:02 PM

Frats are for douchebags

Chief_For_Life58 07-01-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8713467)
Frats are for douchebags

myself or one of my frat brothers most likely banged your girlfriend

Nzoner 07-02-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8713395)
Please tell me you weren't a TKE (though I recognize you weren't anywhere near the era when my dad was dealing with them).

I'm a TKE,however one thing you should know is that every campus is different,just because they are a chapter of that frat doesn't mean they are the same kind of guys.Hell,when we went on actives walkout we took a roadtrip to another chapter that ended up being a bunch of :whackit:

Nzoner 07-02-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8713499)
myself and my frat brothers most likely pulled a train on your girlfriend

FYP

Chief_For_Life58 07-02-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8713828)
FYP

All I remember her saying was...no dont stop!

Maybe it was No Stop Dont!!!

Ahh who cares..amiright?

Jiu Jitsu Jon 07-02-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8713827)
I'm a TKE,however one thing you should know is that every campus is different,just because they are a chapter of that frat doesn't mean they are the same kind of guys.Hell,when we went on actives walkout we took a roadtrip to another chapter that ended up being a bunch of :whackit:

Which chapter are you from? Beta-Omega #973 here.

I agree with Nzoner also, while I'm sorry you had that experience, with any large family you're bound to run into some assholes. Look at the Gracies. By and large, they're the nicest people you'll ever meet. I've met Royler, Ryron and Rener. But there are are also some not so nice people in that family...

TimeForWasp 07-02-2012 01:50 AM

Never been to college but had an Air Force equivalent as far as the parties going on. 7 of us rented a house off base in Panama city Florida. The animal house movie came out and we had toga parties almost every weekend. Our house was known on base as the animal house. Good times. This was when it was almost necessary to drink in the military. Rule #1 was No one shall be caught Not drinking.

J Diddy 07-02-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Depends largely on whether she was underage and extremely wasted. Best check your records in case a pregnancy is registered.

We all know that all ****ing frat morons are too stupid to know how to to put a condom on.

Extra Point 07-02-2012 04:17 AM

Delta Chi. The rent was cheap, had my own room.

Braincase 07-02-2012 05:50 AM

I was in one. Over time I found myself having better friendships with guys in another house. Wish I would've pledged a different house in the end.

Rain Man 07-02-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I recognize that, and a bad frat in one place could be a good one in another. Glad you had a good experience.

For a national organization, though, I think it shows that it's important to monitor every chapter, because one bad chapter can damage your organization's reputation. Every time I hear the name TKE, my upper lip curls up in a snarl, even if they had nothing to do with the problem.

vailpass 07-02-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Way to combat the stereotype.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-02-2012 01:31 PM

Calling your fraternity a frat is like calling your country a c.... ok you get the picture.

vailpass 07-02-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

There was a teek house in the town I grew up in, Cedar Rapids, IA at Coe College. Those guys partied BALLS. Remember going by one time and seeing they had removed the living room window and had a slip-and-slide going from the front yard through the living room. They were good guys, at least the ones I met.