ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Do you smoke cigarettes? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261887)

DeezNutz 07-29-2012 05:45 PM

No taste appeal to cigarettes. Cheap, poor quality tobacco.

Cigars, though...

Gonzo 07-29-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 8776237)
I'm a firm believer (no scientific data to prove it) that if someone in your household grew up smoking you have a much greater chance of being a smoker. Kinda of common sense I guess.

No one in my home growing up smoked and even though I used to get drunk and have a smoke now and then it never became a habit. I actually used to wake up the next day and taste smoke breath and be grossed out.

One of my friends who was a habitual smoker back in PA used to curse me that I could have a couple cigarettes the night before after a couple beers and wake up the next day and have no desire for one. His Dad was a smoker, think it's something you learn to tolerate.

Still like a good cigar and a chew every now and when especially when fly fishing but I doubt I'll ever smoke a cigarette again.

Well, with this logic then I guess it's a safe bet to say that someone in Sofa King's house habitually sucked dick when he was growing up.

J Diddy 07-29-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8776554)
Well, with this logic then I guess it's a safe bet to say that someone in Sofa King's house habitually sucked dick when he was growing up.

ROFL

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-29-2012 06:23 PM

Never smoked . No one in my family smokes. The smell is horrible !

loochy 07-29-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8776513)
Yeah I think that would actually be a mental problem, not because of marijuana
Posted via Mobile Device

I KNOW BECAUSE MARIJAUNA HAS NOTHING BAD ABOUT IT IT CURES CANCER AND MAKES CLUBBED BABY SEALS COME BACK TO LIFE AND THE GOVERNMENT BANNED IT JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE DIRECT DESCENDANTS OF RICHARD SIMMONS

GoHuge 07-29-2012 06:37 PM

I've never had a substance put its fangs in me other than nicotine. I have chewed for 15 years. Dad chews, my older brothers chew/did, most of my friends chew/did, and where I grew up it is just what guys do. Have tried almost every drug that you can take (short of meth or anything you need a needle for) and it hasn't ever made me feel like I need to do it again. Same way with alcohol, but the damn nicotine is a bitch.

I've quit 15 times with results that vary from over a month (several times) to just a couple days. I have even substituted chew with a cigarette a time or two a day to curb the nicotine withdraws and then 3 weeks later I am smoking half a pack a day!!!

I just need to quit being a bitch and do it..........I've also been saying that for years too!! :)

TimeForWasp 07-29-2012 06:43 PM

Funny you make this thread. I went in for a respirator test at a clinic last week and got some shocking news. The doctor came in and asked me how long I've been a miner. I said "I'm not, I'm an aircraft mechanic" He said " It doesn't look good, and that I had the lung capacity of an 84 year old man" Shocked me. I'm looking in to ways to quit. I really need to.

Johnny Vegas 07-29-2012 06:57 PM

Two months today cold turkey after 15 years of smoking. I was a pack a week smoker. My lungs are still cleaning out all that shit. Haven't had a quiet sleep due to all the wheezing but it's beginning to get better.

ThaVirus 07-29-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 8776680)
Funny you make this thread. I went in for a respirator test at a clinic last week and got some shocking news. The doctor came in and asked me how long I've been a miner. I said "I'm not, I'm an aircraft mechanic" He said " It doesn't look good, and that I had the lung capacity of an 84 year old man" Shocked me. I'm looking in to ways to quit. I really need to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 8776695)
Two months today cold turkey after 15 years of smoking. I was a pack a week smoker. My lungs are still cleaning out all that shit. Haven't had a quiet sleep due to all the wheezing but it's beginning to get better.

Stories like these make sure ill never even consider picking up the habit.

J Diddy 07-29-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Congrats. This will be day 3 cold turkey and I've found the biggest bitch to be not being able to sleep more than 2 freaking hours at a time. I smoked for 20 years but never really developed a cough or anything like that though.

KCUnited 07-29-2012 07:13 PM

Pack a day for 13 years, quit cold turkey 6 years ago.

Rain Man 07-29-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 8776680)

This isn't necessarily bad news if you're older than 84.

Pants 07-29-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

A pack a week or a pack a day?

notorious 07-29-2012 07:37 PM

It's a lot of fun when I used to have smokers do their required night flying.

Some of the older students couldn't see shit. Scary stuff.

TimeForWasp 07-29-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8776739)
This isn't necessarily bad news if you're older than 84.

I kind of cheated though. I was told not to smoke an hour before the test and I was smoking in the parking lot before I went it. Not sure if that messed the test up or not. I havn't been hacking and coughing or anything. Never imagined hearing something like that. I guess I'll get patches and electronic cigarette to start out.