ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Thoughts on Pre-Season Game #1 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262261)

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:36 PM

Cassel goes 5-6 for like 64 yards and a TD and Clay still finds room to bitch....

I love ya, Clay...keep it up

Lzen 08-10-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8808281)
1 or 2 decent push plays, double teamed some. Didn't do much.

I would say that he looked very strong and athletic, but he needs a lot of work on his technique. I did notice that he got double teamed a few times. I even noticed him getting triple teamed on one play.

mr. tegu 08-10-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808376)
Hillis is going to pwn this year. I called it when we signed him. Dude it a complete threat, inside, outside and receiving.

Yeah I had no idea he had 61 receptions in 2010. When you can pass him the ball and make the first defensive guy that contacts him be a DB you are in good shape.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-10-2012 09:36 PM

CP doesn't like a pick they'll discredit everything he does. Like it it's defense to the death.

O.city 08-10-2012 09:36 PM

Did we beat the Cardinals worse than the Saints?

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8808392)
You're dreaming.

If you didn't notice they had him playing ahead of Gray. We shall see.

Rasputin 08-10-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8808381)
McCluster had a nice little game. It's not like he hasn't had nice bullshit preseason games before.

Things will be difference when Bowe is back and Dexter is the #4 wideout.

Your so sexy when your pissed off.

Dex can be the #4, he is still going get his plays in and make them count. I want to see the best on the field. So far Breaston didn't catch a big drop in the bucket to set up a TD from the 5.

Red Brooklyn 08-10-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808394)
Cassel goes 5-6 for like 64 yards and a TD and Clay still finds room to bitch....

I love ya, Clay...keep it up

Seriously.

It's only one meaningless preseason game, but can we please give Cassel some props. It changes nothing, but he played a hell of a game all the way around.

Certainly exceeded my expectations. Now the question is, can he keep it up?

rockymtnchief 08-10-2012 09:38 PM

Thank you for replacing Thomas Jones and Jackie Battle!

Coach 08-10-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808386)
I still think Droughn is going to beat out Gray.

I don't know man, he's 2 years older than Gray, and while Droughn was good, Gray was also equally impressive as well. Plus, if one of them get cut, I would imagine they will get picked up by other teams.

lcarus 08-10-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8808390)
Cassel looked much better than I expected. Call me cautiously pessimistic.

McCluster... look, it's no secret. I love the guy. I think he's a blast to watch. I know he's not the best on the field, but he adds a lot of dimension and I think he gets treated too harshly around here. I though he looked great.

Our running game is going to be the best in the league if everyone stays healthy.

Our O-Line looks every bit as good as expected, and maybe even a little better in places.

Defense is a beast.

But... it's only one preseason game. We'll see if they can keep it going. I just want to see consistency and smart, aggressive play.

I have a good feeling about the season.

Yeah I don't get why McCluster is so loathed on CP. He's capable of making plays.

Winston is really gonna help beast up the right side of our line. Which is something that we haven't had since John Tait.

Hillis...what can you say? The guy is a beast. Having Charles, Hillis, and Gray...that's a lot of RB firepower. We should be a top 5 rushing team. I don't think I'm being too much of a homer in thinking that.

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:39 PM

Mother ****ers jiizz over Manning going 4-7 for 44 yards and a pick and still want to bash on Cassel for going 5-6 for 64 and a TD.

Ceej 08-10-2012 09:40 PM

My initial thought -- avoid game threads.

Bunch of annoying pieces of shit in tonight's thread.

That's all.

O.city 08-10-2012 09:40 PM

The deeper throw on the corner to Dexter was a really nice throw. Thought he looked pretty sharp and had a good grasp of the offense.

We will have to wait and see tho. Defenses are gonna get exotic. We are gonna need him to make a play against an exotic Steeler coverage or Ravens crazy passrush. That's when I'll judge.

Rasputin 08-10-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8808405)
Seriously.

It's only one meaningless preseason game, but can we please give Cassel some props. It changes nothing, but he played a hell of a game all the way around.

Certainly exceeded my expectations. Now the question is, can he keep it up?

I'm still going hate Cassell unless of course he wins us the damn Super Bowl. Then I will love him and fondle his wife for him. I can do that anyways but he had a good showing tonight.