ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU My Ex Step-Cousin QB Verbally Committed to Kansas State (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262271)

rico 09-05-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 11707870)
Aw sucks. Does it look serious?

Yeah, it looked serious. And the announcers just said he was real emotionally distressed before being led to the locker room. Son of a gun.....:(

Rain Man 09-05-2015 05:47 PM

I hope you can get your $10 back.

Sucks for your ex step cousin.

rico 09-05-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11707904)
I hope you can get your $10 back.

Sucks for your ex step cousin.

Haha I think I might just end up watching a bunch of Kansas State games this year. I have never been able to get into the Iowa Hawkeyes. I've been more of a Notre Dame fan... This was another crazy family thing. My grandma had 14 sisters and 2 brothers...which put me in awkward situations every time I went on dates when I was single...I had to interrogate my dates about their family lineage, for all of my great aunts married into different last names. Anyways, one of my cousins from that side married Lou Holtz's son when Holtz was the Irish coach. So since then, I've rooted for the Irish despite the fact that I've never met Lou Holtz...or his son...or my cousin who married him....or her mom, which was my Grandma's sister. Haha.

This Kansas State stuff has been cool because with Jesse Ertz, I feel like I can root for a team that other people in my area are rooting for as well because like I said, I just can't get into the Hawkeyes for a variety of reasons. The most I ever followed the Hawkeyes was during the Stanzi era...he was so fun to watch.

lewdog 09-05-2015 06:01 PM

I'm sorry but the thread title of this just screams inbred, meth, rednecks and trailers all in one.

Sorry about the injury though. That would be tough shit.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-05-2015 06:10 PM

10,000 words dedicated to one play. The most rico thing to ever happen

rico 09-05-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11707933)
I'm sorry but the thread title of this just screams inbred, meth, rednecks and trailers all in one.

Sorry about the injury though. That would be tough shit.

Lol, I know it does. I thought it'd be funny, but to make it worse, it's true! LMAO

Yeah, looking at facebook...our community is very upset.

rico 09-05-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 11707969)
10,000 words dedicated to one play. The most rico thing to ever happen

Yeah dude, it doesn't look good. I have a gut feeling he may have re-tweaked that ACL. :(

lewdog 09-05-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11707985)
Yeah dude, it doesn't look good. I have a gut feeling he may have re-tweaked that ACL. :(

That's terrible.

Is he a senior?

rico 09-05-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11707994)
That's terrible.

Is he a senior?

Nope, Sophomore.

rico 03-24-2018 07:48 AM

So my dad just got done telling me something interesting...

Guess who met with the Chiefs for 3 hours the other day and things apparently went well?!?!?!

Jesse Ertz...my ex step cousin.

I’m guessing he will be UDFA...

booger 03-24-2018 08:28 AM

Burlington yeah I got a nice coat from their factory one year for Christmas

booger 03-24-2018 08:37 AM

Not sure on the specific date but they do a pre draft visit with players who went to the local D1 schools but also the small schools in a certain radius of KC. Plus kids that went to HS in KC area. Then after the draft they have the rookie minicamp and have tryout guys there. Probably a couple QBs tryout and or signed if they don’t draft one late so those couple events I would bet he has a good chance for an invite if they like him. That would be a really good experience for him

Chiefpanther 03-24-2018 09:10 AM

Don’t worry good post. Too bad he didn’t go to the hawkeyes

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-24-2018 10:44 AM

Saw this thread from years back and it brought back some memories... I used to play against MEPO in high school and a few of the highlights were on my old high school's field... ahhhh Seven Ponds Park in the 80's...

rico 03-25-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 13486224)
Burlington yeah I got a nice coat from their factory one year for Christmas

I didn’t realize that their place was a Burlington address. Lot of Mepo kids who live South of town have Burlington addresses for some reason. Mepo boy, though! A town of like...1500! I live right in the middle of those mean streets!

Off topic...My brother is hands down, the best athlete Mepo has had since Ertz... 1st team all state DL, 4 time placer/2 time finalist in wrestling, will likely win 1-2 sprinting events at state this year...great at the 400...went to state and placed in, I believe 3 events and a Drake Relays event as a Junior...

Anyways, Senior this year. Hasn’t made his commitment...everyone is expecting wrestling because that is what my family is synonymous with...I believe he is going to sign in the next week to play football in college. Should be fun.