ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think the QB of the future may be on our roster already. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263152)

Setsuna 09-03-2012 04:46 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

BossChief 09-03-2012 04:47 PM

Anybody want me to post the Brady Quinn equivalent?

Hammock Parties 09-03-2012 04:49 PM

DO IT

Saccopoo 09-03-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8874786)
Now think about this:

Statistically, Brady Quinn has accomplished less in this league than Tyler Thigpen.

Do I need to start a Quinn vs Thiggy poll?

You make me want to gouge out my eyes with jagged spoons. **** you Clay.

BossChief 09-03-2012 04:52 PM

Brady Quinn

12 games started
1902 yards passing
119 rushing yards 1 td
10 td
9 int

Extrapolated over a full 16 game schedule, that totals to:

2536 yards passing
159 yards rushing
1 td rushing
13 passing tds
12 ints

BossChief 09-03-2012 04:54 PM

Thigpen 4407 total yards
Quinn 2695 total yards

Thigpen 32 total touchdowns
Quinn 14 total touchdowns

I never thought it would be that far off...

Saccopoo 09-03-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8874854)
Thigpen 4407 total yards
Quinn 2695 total yards

Thigpen 32 total touchdowns
Quinn 14 total touchdowns

I never thought it would be that far off...

Hypothetical bullshit.

That's like a quantum physicist eating a shit ton of shrooms and then trying to extrapolate the meaning of life from a dried worm he found on his back porch.

007 09-03-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8874863)
Hypothetical bullshit.

That's like a quantum physicist eating a shit ton of shrooms and then trying to extrapolate the meaning of life from a dried worm he found on his back porch.

crunchy

BossChief 09-03-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8874863)
Hypothetical bullshit.

then just compare their production over a very similar amount of games (Thigpen started 11....Quin started 12)

Thigpens production blows Quinns away either way and its not even close.

BossChief 09-03-2012 05:03 PM

Thigpen career comp % 54
Quinn career Comp % 52

Thigpen career YPA 6.3
Quinn career YPA 5.4

Should I continue?

CoMoChief 09-03-2012 05:09 PM

Cassel is the starter.

No matter how much you bitch, moan and complain, he's our starter til the end of his contract.

Start as many reeruned and pointless threads you want about how QB's xyz are better than Cassel. Not only are you incorrect, but this is also perfect example of how Chiefs fans will pimp up any QB simply because it's someone that's not Cassel, regardless of how bad that QB may be.

Quinn isn't a NFL starter, neither is Tanney, Croyle, Thigpen, Stanzi, or Palko.

ROFL There have been posts/threads here saying Tanney is "being held back" or posts implying that we're trying to "sneak him under the radar". This is a guy that got famous because of Youtube.

You can make an argument that Orton is better than Cassel. But is he really THAT much better? I don't think so and I think at the end of the day we're winning just as many games with Orton as we would w/ Cassel. Neither are top 10 franchise Pro Bowl type QB's. Orton didn't want to be here anyways, he'd rather backup Romo in Dallas than to possibly have the chance to start in KC.

Vince Young isn't coming here. Neither is Seneca Wallace.

We're not making a trade for Matt Moore.

People really need to STFU already. I wish Cassel would be replaced w/ a better option. But so far, a better option hasn't been presented.

Coogs 09-03-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8874888)
Cassel is the starter.

No matter how much you bitch, moan and complain, he's our starter til the end of his contract.

Start as many reeruned and pointless threads you want about how QB's xyz are better than Cassel. Not only are you incorrect, but this is also perfect example of how Chiefs fans will pimp up any QB simply because it's someone that's not Cassel, regardless of how bad that QB may be.

Quinn isn't a NFL starter, neither is Tanney, Croyle, Thigpen, Stanzi, or Palko.

ROFL There have been posts/threads here saying Tanney is "being held back" or posts implying that we're trying to "sneak him under the radar". This is a guy that got famous because of Youtube.

You can make an argument that Orton is better than Cassel. But is he really THAT much better? I don't think so and I think at the end of the day we're winning just as many games with Orton as we would w/ Cassel. Neither are top 10 franchise Pro Bowl type QB's. Orton didn't want to be here anyways, he'd rather backup Romo in Dallas than to possibly have the chance to start in KC.

People really need to STFU already. I wish Cassel would be replaced w/ a better option. But so far, a better option hasn't been presented.

Go back and watch the first two drives of the game Thursday. You too BossChief. Watch it like you did the Stanzi at Rams game. There is some damn good stuff there, and I have pointed it out. Stuff there that Cassel can not do on a consistant basis. Give Quinn some time with the #1's and watch out. I think he could do more than Orton did. He just needs a few weeks to get comfortable... probably much like Orton did.

BossChief 09-03-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8874888)
Cassel is the starter.

Are we allowed to talk about the other positions on the football team this site is generated for?

Setsuna 09-03-2012 05:19 PM

Quinn will be throwing picks like giving candy out at Halloween. GTFO with this shit already.

Coogs 09-03-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8874748)
Coming from you? Really? You're not even qualified to judge thread quality in D.C. Coogs is GTG. I don't know if I agree with him here but he's posted a lot more good football takes than bad.

Thank you sir!

We are going at this just like the Vikings did. Build the team first, and it is damn hard to find the QB. A washed up Favre is how they finally went. Got the same result we did with Montana many moons ago.

Quinn has some tools. That was obvious Thursday with the #1's and even with the #2's on that second drive. There was a lot of beauty in both of those.

If we go rookie next year, it is probably 4 more years until Super Bowl time. Maybe 5.

If you go castoff from some othe team... like the Seahawks did with Flynn? :shrug:

We have tried that eleventy billion times in the past without much avail.

This guy came here because he wanted too. Not for more money. Not because of a trade. Because he wanted too. My gut tells me because he knows he is better than Cassel.