ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Is this a legal block? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263791)

munkey 09-16-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8919451)
AND his head. There's a reason his helmet instantly wants to go see what the SEA cheerleaders are doing and the only thing that stops it is his chinstrap.

He lead with his shoulder...it's professional football...lets just take off the pads and use flags from now on...JFC...

Iowanian 09-16-2012 10:49 PM

Looks to me like a helmet directly to the chin.

I think it's the definition of helmet to helmet.

BryanBusby 09-16-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 8919467)
He lead with his shoulder...it's professional football...lets just take off the pads and use flags from now on...JFC...

haha yeah just put them in skirts! So what if they're killing themselves and being spoonfed by the age of 40...****ing pussies!

NJChiefsFan 09-16-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 8919467)

What the rule is and what it should be are two different arguments.

munkey 09-16-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8919458)
He got hit in the neck area with Tates helmet. I saw it again and again and again.

You must be watching a different clip.

they are both running full speed...are you guys ****ing kidding me? he leads with his shoulder..to say he meant to lead with the crown of his helmet is just stupid...

BryanBusby 09-16-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 8919492)
they are both running full speed...are you guys ****ing kidding me? he leads with his shoulder..to say he meant to lead with the crown of his helmet is just stupid...

It doesn't ****ing matter if he meant to or not, it happened. We're not calling him James Harrison here, it was just an illegal hit.

aturnis 09-16-2012 10:59 PM

Whether he hit him helmet to helmet or not is irrelevant anyway...

Quote:

"The foul is forcibly hitting the defenseless player's head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead 'hairline' parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player's body."

munkey 09-16-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8919516)

I don't care...It was a cowboy...it was awesome...**** the rules...:)

Joe Seahawk 09-16-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8919516)

A linebacker in pursuit is not a defenseless player. JFC please read the rules on the definition of a "defenseless" player.

BryanBusby 09-16-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Seahawk (Post 8919543)
A linebacker in pursuit is not a defenseless player. JFC please read the rules on the definition of a "defenseless" player.

Quote:

The hit on Lee is an illegal blindside block. Lee is considered defenseless, which means you can't lower your head & hit in head/neck area.
— Mike Pereira (@MikePereira) September 16, 2012

Mike Pereira seems to disagree with you.

BIG_DADDY 09-16-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8919560)

Well Mike is a ****ing idiot. That is a legitimate block.

Joe Seahawk 09-16-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8919560)

He usually does. What was Tate supposed to do? gently block him? Ridiculous.. IMO

listopencil 09-16-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Seahawk (Post 8919141)
I think it's good.. thoughts?

http://cjzero.com/gifs/TateDecleatsLee.gif

Do illegal hit rules apply to blocks?

BIG_DADDY 09-16-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8919471)
Looks to me like a helmet directly to the chin.

I think it's the definition of helmet to helmet.

No, his helmet never touched his chin it just looks like it because of the way his head snaps back from the whiplash of being hit in the upper chest.

morphius 09-16-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Seahawk (Post 8919543)

It is a new rule this year. If Tate would have kept his helmet from hitting the other guy in the chin, then it would have been legal. I still enjoyed watching it, but I'm pretty sure that was what the new rule was made to try to stop.